HFWF OT V1.0 - Hockey Talk Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Canucks are easily in my bottom three most hated teams along with Winnipeg and the rotating cast of Chicago, New York (R), San Jose, and Detroit.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Non-Pens:

Favorites - Preds, Sharks, Lightning

Least (non rival) - Jets, Bruins, Blues

I hate slow hockey. :laugh:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't even know who my bottom 3 are anymore as a Leafs fan.

Probably Winnipeg, Montreal and Vancouver. Karlsson absolved the Sens of all previous sins in my eyes.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's not that they're all idiots (they are), but they all think they are entitled to some higher plateau because they're supposedly the best fans in hockey (wrong, that title goes to like either Montreal or Toronto in terms of support)

I love how i get **** thrown at me for wearing a Bruins jersey around town when half of these assclowns didn't even pay attention to hockey until the Jets came back and jumped on the bandwagon.

Winnipeg fans are **** in terms of hockey.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Haven't you just described why everyone hates Maple Leafs fans? Then you throw in weird player value logic and the whole thing goes to hell.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Do peoples hatred of teams change if fans aren't included in the decision? Just pure team roster only.

I'm actually not a fan of Winnipeg either after they tried knocking out so many Sens this year during our games against each other. Haha.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If they switch to a young/fast/scoring team.. I'll be a fan. If they try to bruise everyone and cheap shot everyone, naah. **** that.

So I would say yes - outside of your normal rivals. Caps/Flyers will always be there just because it's natural.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I also hate the Jets because their fans tbh. Reek of so much entitlement. The ones on HF are all pretty cool though. I also see the irony in this statement as a Leafs fan. Must be one of those "there can be only one" situations.

Also I really have no ill will towards Ottawa or Montreal despite being a Leafs fan, never really bought into the "you have to hate THIS team if you cheer for this team" narrative as a hockey fan.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's not that they're all idiots (they are), but they all think they are entitled to some higher plateau because they're supposedly the best fans in hockey (wrong, that title goes to like either Montreal or Toronto in terms of support)

I love how i get **** thrown at me for wearing a Bruins jersey around town when half of these assclowns didn't even pay attention to hockey until the Jets came back and jumped on the bandwagon.

Winnipeg fans are **** in terms of hockey.

Yeah but the Bruins suck tho......

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I mean, i wouldn't expect a Montreal fan to think anything but. :laugh:

The thing is, i get accused of being a bandwagoner when half of these people couldn't even tell you what icing was before like 6 years ago.

The real Jet fans are either the ones who came out of exile after the team came back as former fans of the old team, or converted Moose fans.

Also lowkey Buff might be the most overrated athlete in Winnipeg sports history.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I had to hate Ottawa just because of the constant playoff battles with the Leafs during my teenage years. I have no ill will towards this current team though - but having said that I still wouldn't want to see them win a Cup before the Leafs.

I used to be a Montreal well wisher back in the day since my Mom was born in Montreal and her father/mother, etc all still live there and then there wasn't really any heated battles between us....but then came Mikhail Grabovski and the Orr/McClaren years and the well wishing had to go. Plus my Uncle would post daily on Facebook about how much the Leafs sucked and even the city of Toronto sucks (but he comes here for Jays games...) so I got a little bitter about that and it only escalates on HF (though all fan bases have their annoying trolls, idiots, etc).

I know it's dumb to judge stuff by the fans as I certainly don't want to be lumped in with a lot of Leafs fans but hey. It is what it is.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm so iffy on Montreal. I want them to win but I want Bergevin out asap so we can actually have a decent looking future.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm so iffy on Montreal. I want them to win but I want Bergevin out asap so we can actually have a decent looking future.

Welcome to being a Leafs fan of a few seasons ago!

Truthfully, I don't know how close the Leafs are to being a legit contender...there's still work to be done but man....I don't know how to handle my teams being good. The Jays going on their run the last two years nearly killed me.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Leafs are closer than the Habs as long as Bergevin is still around.

If we fired him and brought in a competent GM with competent staff (especially scouting and player development) we could salvage a few more years with Price being in his prime when he re-signs and make legit runs for the Cup.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
It's fun reading about Bergevin and his exploits. No longer is my GM the only one under massive scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad