HFWF OT #9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Even putting aside the LGBTQ portion of the new sex-ed curriculum (not that I'm diminishing it) but the old one doesn't teach CONSENT. That is actually so ****ed.

Shouldn't consent be instilled in their heads before they even set foot in a classroom?

Again, you're right, some parents just drop the ball completely when it comes to that stuff. But if some kid doesn't know right and wrong about consent, they weren't raised properly. Schools can only do so much to prevent that.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
sex-ed in my high school was taught as part of a "social education" class

I transferred from one class who hadnt done it yet to a class that had already done it. so effectively I missed it all

I considered knocking someone up and blaming the school but aint nobody got time for that

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Shouldn't consent be instilled in their heads before they even set foot in a classroom?

Again, you're right, some parents just drop the ball completely when it comes to that stuff. But if some kid doesn't know right and wrong about consent, they weren't raised properly. Schools can only do so much to prevent that.

Such as teaching consent under a modern sexual education cirriculum.

lol like wtf

Reactions: BonMorrison

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

And parents can only do so much - especially when kids are in school for 40 hours a week. It's not one or the other. It's ideally a partnership. Teachers and fellow students shape who you are almost as much as your parents.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I think schools should account for bad parenting and do it anyway, just to fill in the holes

pun not intended

Reactions: Disclose

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meh, he's a breath of fresh air compared to Wynne.

Liberals had it too good for too long in Ontario. Time for a change.

lol I'd rather have Wynne than this shit and both are awful.

Yeah, time to go back to a 2 decade old sex-ed ciriculum, and ban any talk/teachings of climate change from schools.

Wynne was awful. Her handling of the Ontario Hydro was a disgrace, but Ford is just as bad.

Economically, maybe there are some good changes, I wouldn't necessarily call a 5 dollar difference on a 24 that big of an economical change, but at least he seems somewhat motivated to help out tax payers, but Social, and Environmental policies are going to be awful.

Essentially, the damage Wynne did Economically, Ford is essentially going to do that same level of damage in Social and Environmental areas.

The Liberals and Conservatives are essentially ruining the province together.

I still stand by my thought that Wynne should have stepped down early and someone else could have run.

I also stand by wishing CTV didn't put out that hit job on Patrick Brown. I didn't like him much either, but he would have been better than Ford.

I'm willing to take a bit more of a hit economically so our social and environmental policies don't take massive steps back.

I just have to laugh at the whole sex-ed squabble.

Maybe parents should actually step up and teach their kids what they feel they need to be taught regarding sex ed, instead of passing the buck and then screaming about how the schools decide to address the issue.

Or maybe, whatever isn't covered in the schools' sex ed program, parents can fill in when asked. If their kid comes out of the class confused, or has questions, maybe the parents can, you know, be parents, and help their kids out instead of blasting the government for some perceived misstep. These same parents were just as irate when the Libs attempted to change it as well.

I also got a kick out of the "rogue" teachers who are going to continue teaching however they want, in violation of the "new" curriculum. Because that'll solve the problem. :laugh:

yeah, parents have great judgment rather than one uniform system that's actually up with the times.

I would so trust a super Christian household to teach their kid about homosexuality, or some other family that's accustomed to having everything handed to them about consent.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Agreed that CTV single-handedly torpedoed Patrick Brown's political career, at least in terms of his aspirations to become this province's Premier. I think the PCs were going to win either way but I can certainly see how Brown would have been more palatable. Hopefully he takes a big chunk out of CTV's coffers, and deservedly so for their shoddy reporting.

And like I said before, you're right about some parents just not being fit for the job. Which is really, really unfortunate for any kid stuck in that mess.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would have likely voted Conservative if Patrick Brown was their candidate.

As soon as it was Doug Ford, I was voting NDP.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I would have likely voted Conservative if Patrick Brown was their candidate.

As soon as it was Doug Ford, I was voting NDP.
I would have 100% voted Conservative if Brown was still there. I actually liked his platform. I actually liked that he had a f***ing platform and not buck-a-beer.

I was going to vote NDP until the sanctuary province thing was out there and that was part of their campaign that WASN'T costed. I think that ultimately sunk them, too. They were gaining A LOT of momentum until the sanctuary province thing was out there and it was revealed to not be costed.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Heard about that, very unfortunate that the kid felt suicide was his only option in the face of relentless torment from some dumb kids in his class. :help:

Also says a lot that he went to his sister but not his mom.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Summerslam is in Toronto? lol. Maybe they don't hate us after all.

Inb4 worst card in history, all the Canadians get screwed and they inevitably shit over the crowd. At least Takeover should be great.

Last edited:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
we need another UK PPV

not because I would go. because I would go to NXT Takeover the night before

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My madden game just froze and went to reload it and all my franchise info has been erased. :cry:

Never mind I was able to load it from the cloud!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad