HFWF OT #8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You guys see that person who thought those redshirts from the Miz/Bryan segment should get midcard pushes?

What an idiot!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I feel like I’ve said it before, but it really feels like things are coming to a head in America now. With revelation that Russia (unsurprisingly) had access to Cambridge Analytica data from American Facebook users, and the “#TreasonSummit” and Rosenstein at the WH today, it really feels like things are about to get really wild and come to a head.

Mueller and Rosenstein will be celebrated forever in America history books and hailed as heroes if/when Trump gets what’s coming.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Me: you know, the Canadiens or Canucks probably have the dumbest GMs in sports..

Toronto Raptors: hold my beer

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Russia thing goes so deep that there’s no way Pence hasn’t been complicit either. All republicans have.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How you gonna trade the face of your franchise who actually WANTS to be there for a dude who didn’t wanna play for Pop? For a dude who’ll play half a season and then bounce to LA cause he has no interest in being in Toronto.

Awful trade

Reactions: Fro

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Because with the Celtics and Philly, the Raptors door was only open for 1, maybe 2 years anyway, and DeMar and Lowry have proven they couldn’t get the job done themselves.

Kahwi comes in and the Raps go to the finals, maybe he ends up liking Toronto and stays, and things work out. Or he comes in, the Raps dont do well and he leaves and the Raptors have some flexibility.

Heck, we don’t even know what the plan is yet. For all we know, the Raptors intend to flip Kahwi

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Raptors did Demar dirty. I was a general believer that the Raptors core needed to be blown up. Just not like this. Never like this.

I don't think they win the East now. I don't think they'd win the East before either. So...whatever I guess.

We're back to the Gods allowing just 1 good team in Toronto.

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Raptors did Demar dirty. I was a general believer that the Raptors core needed to be blown up. Just not like this. Never like this.

I don't think they win the East now. I don't think they'd win the East before either. So...whatever I guess.

We're back to the Gods allowing just 1 good team in Toronto.
Just 1 good team? You traded Demar for a significantly better player + an elite wing defender. This team absolutely has a better chance at the finals than the team with Demar.

Idk how you blow it up without getting rid of him. It's really shitty that they told him he wont be traded then traded him anyway, but losing DeRozan means they can go for it once and then rebuild.

Reactions: Max Money

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Just 1 good team? You traded Demar for a significantly better player + an elite wing defender. This team absolutely has a better chance at the finals than the team with Demar.

Idk how you blow it up without getting rid of him. It's really ****ty that they told him he wont be traded then traded him anyway, but losing DeRozan means they can go for it once and then rebuild.

Well sure. The Raptors will be good this season but after that when Kawhi walks it's probably rebuild time...or...a retool at least. Besides. How good this year's team depends on how motivated Kawhi is and...I feel that comes with a pretty big question mark right now.

If I'm trading DeMar, which I wasn't against (though trading him after saying you won't is shitty), I'd try to build for the future not go all in on this year. It just sucks to lose a guy who loved the team & city so much for a guy who already has a calendar counting down the days until when he can take off for California.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well sure. The Raptors will be good this season but after that when Kawhi walks it's probably rebuild time...or...a retool at least. Besides. How good this year's team depends on how motivated Kawhi is and...I feel that comes with a pretty big question mark right now.

If I'm trading DeMar, which I wasn't against (though trading him after saying you won't is ****ty), I'd try to build for the future not go all in on this year.

After this season it would probably be rebuild time anyway.

With Boston and Philly building like they are, this was the one last year where we are the favourites out of the East (if we even were at all).

Toronto sports teams have a history of hanging on to hope too long. Masai made our team much better and set the team up to potentially begin rebuilding if it doesn’t work out.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
In other news, the genius known as Bo Burnham has a movie coming out and I'm marking pretty hard.

It's not what you'd expect from him but the reviews are as high as they can be.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Raps told DeRozan just last week he wasn’t going to be traded. The guy was one of the few that actually embraced Toronto and wanted to stay. I get their window closes, but I still don’t see them being a true contender this year.

I’m of the mind that either the Raptors flip Kawhi to LA anyways, or they keep him, but he only ends up playing half the season and is a general distraction because he’ll make it clear he doesn’t want to be in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad