HFWF OT #8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
@Cor sunk down to a level that even I would never sink to. He mentioned me in the Islanders board thread where their fans are crying about Tavares and praising that wasteman, The Winter Soldier (who, btw is unhinged).

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/all-purpose-tavares-thread.2517229/page-21#post-148905065

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The worst thing about this site is how people go out of their way to be hostile and try and argue. I've literally had 3 examples of that already today :laugh:

1. In the Luke Schenn thread on the Leafs board, I agreed with another poster who said the development focus of Luke Schenn was the biggest factor in him not progressing well, as they had him bulk up more and get heavier which made him slower, rather than work on getting lean, and improving his skating. The focus of Schenn's development went against what the game was turning into. Another poster chimed in saying acting like the workout regiment is what failed Schenn was stupid, and that it's because he played in the NHL. I proceeded to say that he played well his first two seasons in a sheltered role, and it's not surprising that the year he comes in 25lbs heavier is the year his play declined. I ultimatley said both the focus and location of his development would've played a role and there's no use trying to argue who is more right. The poster than took like 1 line out of the long post, to try and continue arguing.

2. Leafs next move thread on the Trade Board. Made an innocent post that I could see Leivo+Pickard eventually traded to the same team, and pointed out Washington as a team who could potentially use a backup depending on Copely's play, and I would like to get my hands on either Kody Clark or Riley Sutter, but it's doubtful either of those two would be traded.

Guy quotes me, bolds the word doubtful, and said at least I got something right.

I replied with a post saying that there were 3 points of possible arguement in the post, and it's reasonable to say all 3 of what I said are correct. One that Leivo+Pickard could be packaged together, two that Washington could be a team interested in a goalie, and three it's unlikely Washington would move two prospects they just drafted.

He then told me it was stupid to count what was maybe right. :dunno:

3. Trades thread on the Leafs board. A poster posted the profile of a NCAA player that could be a signing next March. I simply said the player was interesting, and then another poster replied with this long post of how the guy was more of an AHL contract player, and how the player was nothing special and so on and so forth.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
i'm mostly here and occasionally the Habs board. I'll read the main and trade forums but not so much, just if there's an interesting topic that has the most recent post.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I went to the driving range. Hit somewhere between 150-200 golf balls in a fairly short period of time and now my body is rejecting life and is broken.

I love these harsh reminders of how old I'm getting.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I went to the driving range. Hit somewhere between 150-200 golf balls in a fairly short period of time and now my body is rejecting life and is broken.

I love these harsh reminders of how old I'm getting.

I barely golf but I go to a golf weekend with friends every year and we play 36 Friday 36 Saturday 18 Sunday. It’s a lot of golf...

I’m pretty bad but I really enjoy when we do a scramble because I always randomly hit some pretty sweet shots it just doesn’t happen often.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
My sis works for ClubLink but I only golf once a year.

Usually getting better as the round goes on, but I don't think I've ever broken 100.

I slice a lot and I have a terrible short game. :laugh:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I used to have the most epic slice. Like...when it went..it went maybe a full hole over from where I was playing.

Then I broke both shoulders (each one a year apart) and now I have zero power on my drives (200 yards give or take) but they typically stay straight.

Short game is horrific though.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Usually to combat my slice I get ahead of it by adjusting my grip and angling my driver inwards. That tends to balance it out.....as long as I get every other facet of my swing right at the same time. :laugh:

Actually hit most of the fairways this year by doing that.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I just have zero consistency. I’ll go like 6-6-5-7-12-5 etc. I always have like 3 blow up holes a round. I usually shoot between 112-120 and that’s with zero cheating taking the proper penalties no gimmie putts etc. I’m pretty good about hitting the ball fairly straight for the most part when I hit it but I’ll do stupid things like duff a shot twice in a row as it rolls 20 yards in front of me.

I think I shot an 8 or 9 on a par 3 this weekend. :laugh:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Usually to combat my slice I get ahead of it by adjusting my grip and angling my driver inwards. That tends to balance it out.....as long as I get every other facet of my swing right at the same time. :laugh:

Actually hit most of the fairways this year by doing that.
Works for me too, angling in.

Reactions: Dr Pepper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad