HFWF OT 6: Tis the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
What an absolute horse**** game. Terrible calls on both those Eagles TD's

Doesn't help that Pats D can't even stop a beachball. Their D is garbage.

Reactions: SnS

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
What an absolute horse**** game. Terrible calls on both those Eagles TD's

Doesn't help that Pats D can't even stop a beachball. Their D is garbage.

What? Both calls were legitimate tds. The Ertz TD is as old as time I’ve been watching football since the early 90s. The ball broke the plane.

Also Foles is now the new GOAT! I finally got to watch one of my teams win a god damn championship!

Reactions: Virtanen18

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i hate all this.
the game was fun, i feel the calls were good.
i really like football, but i can confirm i never ever wanted this moment to happen.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I spent all day watching Suits lol.

On another note, I'm at the point where it's time to apply for university. At this point I'm leaning towards economics (economics and finance jobs are interchangeable when applying, as long as you have one degree you're good), probably eventually planning on getting a masters in it and also eventually studying to do the CFA tests.

Last edited:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I hate the entire smart TV gimmick. Whenever I've had a TV I've always had a computer plugged into it and just run everything via that.
Meh. It's not really a gimmick. I thought it was when it first started cause everything was pretty much slow and unusable, but now they can be pretty terrific for apps and casting.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Smart TVs are awesome. 3D TVs were the true gimmick.
Can confirm. I have a 3D TV. It's dope when you watch the sample videos that come with the TV, but I don't think I've used any 3D feature since then. Don't even know if there is any 3D features. I remember soccer was coming on in 3D for a bit but never hear about it now.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Meh. It's not really a gimmick. I thought it was when it first started cause everything was pretty much slow and unusable, but now they can be pretty terrific for apps and casting.
See, the problem for me is that I've been doing all that and more for the better part of 20 years now via a computer. So nothing the TV can do is impressive or useful in my eyes.

It's not really that the Smart TV is bad, more that it offers nothing that people shouldn't have already been doing in a superior way already.

But 3D TVs are indeed a complete joke.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
See, the problem for me is that I've been doing all that and more for the better part of 20 years now via a computer. So nothing the TV can do is impressive or useful in my eyes.

It's not really that the Smart TV is bad, more that it offers nothing that people shouldn't have already been doing in a superior way already.

But 3D TVs are indeed a complete joke.
How is it something people should be doing though? Connecting my computer to my TV is not really an option.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
its a solution for many people.
i dont even have any sort of tv reception. i figured how to watch what i want, live if i need through websites.
so i dont even need a 4k or even HD tv or monitor, since the streams rarely support it.

do i wish to own anything mentioned before? yes i really do. but i just simply dont "need" it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
How is it something people should be doing though? Connecting my computer to my TV is not really an option.
You put a computer under the TV like you would any other box. An old Mac Mini is what I normally use. It's not like you'd plug your everyday laptop you move about in or anything.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
You put a computer under the TV like you would any other box. An old Mac Mini is what I normally use. It's not like you'd plug your everyday laptop you move about in or anything.
Wait, I've never heard of this Mac Mini before. I'm intrigued. Pricy as faurk though. Might as well just buy a smart TV with that price ;)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Wait, I've never heard of this Mac Mini before. I'm intrigued. Pricy as faurk though. Might as well just buy a smart TV with that price ;)
But there is no price. You just use some random old machine you've got sitting about. If you don't have one then you can usually pick up a headless laptop for very little and that'll work more than fine.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
But there is no price. You just use some random old machine you've got sitting about. If you don't have one then you can usually pick up a headless laptop for very little and that'll work more than fine.
But why go to that if you can just buy (obviously if you can afford it) a good smart TV and not worry about any other connections or mirroring or anything? It’s convenient. Everything is in one place.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
'Cos the TV is limited and the computer isn't.

The set up is a less than trivial task, and the convenience is a non-factor as you only ever set it up once anyway. If you can plug in the power plug for your new TV, then I'm 100% sure you can repeat the task again for the computer.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I was doing some reading around and it blows my mind that the suggested daily protein intake for males is only 56g of protein (obviously this is taking in someone who doesn't do training) but that still felt really low reading that study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad