HFWF OT 6: Tis the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Man, franchise mode with the Canucks is hard now. Used to be acquire a good winger or two to play with Kesler, shore up the D, and make a run. Now I don't know what the hell to do lol. Not sure I have the patience to rebuild in a video game.

Don't re-sign the Twins.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Don't re-sign the Twins.
Of course I re-signed the Twins. My top scorers in the 2 years I've done.

I always just play without editing, but Horvat and Boeser are doing nothing so I think I'm gonna have to up their overalls. Hard to do this with them stuck at 83-84.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Of course I re-signed the Twins. My top scorers in the 2 years I've done.

I always just play without editing, but Horvat and Boeser are doing nothing so I think I'm gonna have to up their overalls. Hard to do this with them stuck at 83-84.
In a game it's ehh. IRL I'm on the side that says let them walk and go fully in the basement.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
In a game it's ehh. IRL I'm on the side that says let them walk and go fully in the basement.
I understand the view, but I'd rather bring them back. I want to see them retire as Canucks. And mentor Elias. I'm not sure how healthy it is to be as bad as we would be without them.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I understand the view, but I'd rather bring them back. I want to see them retire as Canucks. And mentor Elias. I'm not sure how healthy it is to be as bad as we would be without them.

I'm like 55/45% on it. I think it might be more optimal to overspend on guys for the next 2-3 year period while we tank some more and then be there to insulate Elias, Juloevi, Lind, etc.

We'll see. I expect them back next year. Hopefully at $2-4M each so we can overpay on another guy in the short term.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I'm like 55/45% on it. I think it might be more optimal to overspend on guys for the next 2-3 year period while we tank some more and then be there to insulate Elias, Juloevi, Lind, etc.

We'll see. I expect them back next year. Hopefully at $2-4M each so we can overpay on another guy in the short term.
Given the comparables, $4M would be terrific. Anything less might be a pipe dream.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Literally just got an 55' LG 4K Smart TV last week. Best Buy had it on sale for like $650. Its one of the 2017 models. Its beautiful. You don't need to drop three grand on a tv

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah I think my 50” LED Panasonic smart TV was like $550 or something. It’s great. There’s no need to drop so much on a TV.

I might be looking at a 40” or so for my room. Which is the one with the best smart TV software?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I hate the entire smart TV gimmick. Whenever I've had a TV I've always had a computer plugged into it and just run everything via that.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
you know that you dont need to drop 600$ on shoes either, but there you are...

i do think smarts tv are useless if you own a computer.
but im just cheap by nature on that one.

Reactions: Virtanen18

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
you know that you dont need to drop 600$ on shoes either, but there you are...

i do think smarts tv are useless if you own a computer.
but im just cheap by nature on that one.
I have yet to drop $600 on shoes. :D

I love smart TVs. No extra wires or dongles (my laptop is an XPS 13, no HDMI port), everything already on the TV.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
But there are like no wires at all. You've got power to TV and computer, then computer out to the TV. And even if you do fear the tangle monster that lives behind the TV, you never touch it after you plug them in so it doesn't matter.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Eagles with only a 6 point lead at the end of the 1st Q. Pats in the red zone too.

Gonna be a blow out for the Pats. Brady is $$$ in the second half

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Eagles with only a 6 point lead at the end of the 1st Q. Pats in the red zone too.

Gonna be a blow out for the Pats. Brady is $$$ in the second half

Patriots just had their first offensive penalty of the playoffs tonight.

Brady is going down tonight for good!

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’ve never had a smart tv and don’t see the need for it either. I have a PS4 for apps and stuff. I feel like they don’t even make non smart tv anymore I’d gladly pay less to not have that feature.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
this is making me ill.

Watch it! Watch my Eagles score!
giphy.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
But there are like no wires at all. You've got power to TV and computer, then computer out to the TV. And even if you do fear the tangle monster that lives behind the TV, you never touch it after you plug them in so it doesn't matter.

Yeah but I don’t need the computer at all with a smart TV. And like I said, for my laptop I’d need an additional dongle.

I’ve never had a smart tv and don’t see the need for it either. I have a PS4 for apps and stuff. I feel like they don’t even make non smart tv anymore I’d gladly pay less to not have that feature.

I have an Apple TV in my basement for my Netflix and YouTube and NHL Gamecentre stuff, as well as casting from my iPhone. The TV is a smart TV but the software is really bad since it’s Panasonic.

It’s nice to have if my Apple TV craps the bed one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad