HFWF OT 6: Tis the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I was doing some reading around and it blows my mind that the suggested daily protein intake for males is only 56g of protein (obviously this is taking in someone who doesn't do training) but that still felt really low reading that study.

I started the keto diet to see how it would work, and my intake of sugar is 20g per day. high fat, no carb is basically the diet. I've made a lot of good tasty meals and have finally dropped some of my winter weight I think. But man I still get occasional sugar cravings and since Ive been doing it for over 5 weeks I just feel guilty if I want a carb or sugar now. I have no idea if this diet is good for like, gaining muscle and whatnot, but as far as losing weight its probably the best diet I have ever tried. I have noticed I have gotten more winded than usual when I go running though and get sore easily too, I tried electrolyte powder and it actually helped a fair bit.

I mean it makes sense, cut out sugar and you're going to most likely lose weight.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I started the keto diet to see how it would work, and my intake of sugar is 20g per day. high fat, no carb is basically the diet. I've made a lot of good tasty meals and have finally dropped some of my winter weight I think. But man I still get occasional sugar cravings and since Ive been doing it for over 5 weeks I just feel guilty if I want a carb or sugar now. I have no idea if this diet is good for like, gaining muscle and whatnot, but as far as losing weight its probably the best diet I have ever tried. I have noticed I have gotten more winded than usual when I go running though and get sore easily too, I tried electrolyte powder and it actually helped a fair bit.

I mean it makes sense, cut out sugar and you're going to most likely lose weight.
It amazed me how it took so long for people to finally realize it wasn't sodium or fat or carbs that cause the heart disease and obesity, but it's the sugar. I feel like it took waaaay too long for that. I still eat a moderate amount from time-to-time just to hit the craving, but I don't overdo it. With my current diet, I'm in the best shape I've been in in years and just now found out I've been overdoing it with the protein. :laugh:

It's crazy how soon changes become ingrained in you and your routine though. You said it's been five weeks for you, and I remember last year when I really got serious about it and changed my diet and my training schedule to go more frequently after taking pictures for a before-after that it's a legit lifestyle change. Even if I felt "tired" I was never tired enough to not go to the gym, I wouldn't even think about the food I was eating because I just cut out the garbage.

After a pretty sedentary lifestyle before I changed gears last year though, my body is back to working to the point where I can eat anything and it's mostly just burned off. I can eat a pizza and see very little effect right after, and then it's all gone the day after (and I also feel guilty after eating the pizza but live a little lol).

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It amazed me how it took so long for people to finally realize it wasn't sodium or fat or carbs that cause the heart disease and obesity, but it's the sugar. I feel like it took waaaay too long for that. I still eat a moderate amount from time-to-time just to hit the craving, but I don't overdo it. With my current diet, I'm in the best shape I've been in in years and just now found out I've been overdoing it with the protein. :laugh:

It's crazy how soon changes become ingrained in you and your routine though. You said it's been five weeks for you, and I remember last year when I really got serious about it and changed my diet and my training schedule to go more frequently after taking pictures for a before-after that it's a legit lifestyle change. Even if I felt "tired" I was never tired enough to not go to the gym, I wouldn't even think about the food I was eating because I just cut out the garbage.

After a pretty sedentary lifestyle before I changed gears last year though, my body is back to working to the point where I can eat anything and it's mostly just burned off. I can eat a pizza and see very little effect right after, and then it's all gone the day after (and I also feel guilty after eating the pizza but live a little lol).

Yeah I think there are studies that after 3 weeks it becomes more of a "routine" when you make changes. I can honestly see myself totally cutting back and eating more like this now without reverting back to old habits. Am I going to eat under 20g of sugar/carbs per day for the rest of my life? Hell no. I love Pizza and beer waaaaaay too much but I am not going to eat/drink as much as a I used to. Maybe once a month have some pizza or something. I still like to relax with some alcohol though so I have switched to rum and vodka with sugarless mixers. I don't drink a ton anyway, but on a Friday/Saturday night I like to have a few drinks while chilling.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Meh, I don't get the hate on Jimmy Fallon. Yeah, his fake laugh is annoying a lot of the times, but he has some good moments as well. Overall, I think I like him.

ayyyyyyy

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

But really, I actually did listen to Brian Fallon's debut solo album. Never heard of him before, but Painkillers (the single) randomly showed up on Spotify and I actually liked it quite a bit, so decided to check out the rest of the album. Off the top of my head, I really enjoyed Painkillers, Among Other Foolish Things, Nobody Wins and A Wonderful Life.

K, now add my beautiful King Nylander av to the jacket.

Reactions: BonMorrison

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

But really, I actually did listen to Brian Fallon's debut solo album. Never heard of him before, but Painkillers (the single) randomly showed up on Spotify and I actually liked it quite a bit, so decided to check out the rest of the album. Off the top of my head, I really enjoyed Painkillers, Among Other Foolish Things, Nobody Wins and A Wonderful Life.

K, now add my beautiful King Nylander av to the jacket.

Oh wow, now I have to re-think the god damn jacket.™

Reactions: Max Money

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I’m not taking this risk! I don’t have the emotional compacity to hear you dislike my favorite song on the album. :(

But it’s called Little Nightmares.

I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I love Brian Fallon and I don't have any issues with his other projects...it's just not as good as Gaslight and I can't get that out of my head.

You get tickets to that and Frank Turner?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Decided to have an easy going night tonight since I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow, throw on some Black Mirror..

AND NOW MY MIND IS SHATTERED

(started watching BM this week and a few episodes have really got me :laugh: )

Reactions: Disclose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad