OT: HFPens Disco: PS5? New loafers? New glasses? Booze? Food? Dogs? Cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
In the words of Turbonegro, “Everybody, sell your body, to the night!”

Also unrelated. Looks like we’re adopting a kitten today. Anyone have any tips for first time cat owners?

Lots of toys and stimulation. Puppy pads galore to save the flooring. Let the cat wander around, she/he will be very curious. Crying is not uncommon, give lots of love.

And I want photos :)

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
In the words of Turbonegro, “Everybody, sell your body, to the night!”

Also unrelated. Looks like we’re adopting a kitten today. Anyone have any tips for first time cat owners?
Keep the food bowl full, the cat will learn that it's always there and eat what it needs to. If you only feed them so much at a time, they'll become whiny beggars who wake you up at 4 am because their bowl is empty, then once you feed them they fear it won't last so they scarf it down too fast and then throw it back up. Totally not personal experience.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I havent been to Kennywood in probably 20 years.

that’s crazy....the first thing I plan when I return to the Burgh to visit my parents is an outing to Kennywood...likely nostalgia but I do love rollercoasters...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Lots of toys and stimulation. Puppy pads galore to save the flooring. Let the cat wander around, she/he will be very curious. Crying is not uncommon, give lots of love.

And I want photos :)

She's just chilling in her IKEA felt bowl that she immediately decided was hers. :laugh:

She's been very quiet so far, a little skittish, but lets us hold her and she falls asleep purring on us almost immediately.

cC0IhIs.jpg

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Also, she's TINY even for 8 weeks old. So we gotta get her fed and up to size before we take her to the vet for her shots.

Her name is... (wait for it, Francophiles!) Escargot.

Reactions: ColePens

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Cute! I adopted my 1st cat a few years ago. I found disposable litter boxes to be really nice (probably bad for the environment though). Also, we have a little cabinet/hut thing where the litter box stays, which helps with odor and gives the cat some privacy in our small living space.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Cute! I adopted my 1st cat a few years ago. I found disposable litter boxes to be really nice (probably bad for the environment though). Also, we have a little cabinet/hut thing where the litter box stays, which helps with odor and gives the cat some privacy in our small living space.

Yeah, we definitely have to think about where to put the liter box. She's staying in one room right now as she adjusts, so it's less of an immediate issue, but we're trying to find a good place to put it in our small apartment.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like the FedEx updates for my Steelers gear out of Sewickley, I mean, it's been over a week. I could have just had my parents pick the shit up and send it to me quicker.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I like the FedEx updates for my Steelers gear out of Sewickley, I mean, it's been over a week. I could have just had my parents pick the shit up and send it to me quicker.

I had an item sitting in the parking lot a local distribution center for 10 days...it was 12 miles away, in a trailer (you can tell when items are just sitting in trailers as FedEx trailers GPS ping every 12 hours...so if it says it is in a location at 5am and 12 hours later updates as the same location at 5pm...you can rest assured NO ONE is working on it lol lol).

I was like...f*** dude, I will go unload the damn thing myself, shit!

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I had an item sitting in the parking lot a local distribution center for 10 days...it was 12 miles away, in a trailer (you can tell when items are just sitting in trailers as FedEx trailers GPS ping every 12 hours...so if it says it is in a location at 5am and 12 hours later updates as the same location at 5pm...you can rest assured NO ONE is working on it lol lol).

I was like...f*** dude, I will go unload the damn thing myself, shit!
Yeah, I'd get like 3 updates a day that it's still in the same f***ing place, like cool you f***ing tossers...thanks for the update on the non update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad