OT: HFPens Disco: PS5? New loafers? New glasses? Booze? Food? Dogs? Cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
5828_u.jpg

I'd like wearing glasses if not for the nose imprints and foggy lenses...at the very least I'm not mad at finally having a problem with my body that makes me look better. Roundish face + 17 pounds of hair = glasses tie my ugly mug together in the way a urine-free rug can tie a room together.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was having trouble deciding between getting an XBox or a PS5, but I decided on keeping my XBox 1 (which I was thinking of selling) and buying a PS5. Now I just have to actually get a pre-order for a PS5 in, which has been impossible to find.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
5828_u.jpg

I'd like wearing glasses if not for the nose imprints and foggy lenses...at the very least I'm not mad at finally having a problem with my body that makes me look better. Roundish face + 17 pounds of hair = glasses tie my ugly mug together in the way a urine-free rug can tie a room together.

I think those are nice lookin'. Very basic classy and solid.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ray Bans are always good.

I'm massive picky about not rocking logos on certain things. Glasses are one of them. But Ray Ban makes a few where there is no ray ban logo. And i gotta be honest.. the glasses i use for working out/tennis are typically ray ban because they are well made. They just hold up under massive sweat/movement.

@Honour Over Glory / @SouthGeorge - thoughts on Ray Ban for normal glasses?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm massive picky about not rocking logos on certain things. Glasses are one of them. But Ray Ban makes a few where there is no ray ban logo. And i gotta be honest.. the glasses i use for working out/tennis are typically ray ban because they are well made. They just hold up under massive sweat/movement.

Funny you ask. That's what I ended up getting. So I waited like 3 days for Persol site to work properly because I saw a pair I really liked. It's finally working today. It says frames are like $200 and lens are $200 so like $400, cool. It says $400 but then when I go to check out it magically jumps to $600 with no breakdown or reason why. Too much BS for me. If I'm spending that much I'd spend the extra $400 on Cartier. They have really good resale value if need be. I ended up just getting a pair of Ray Bans for like $300 and called it a day. Way more reliable and seem like they have a good return policy if need be. I'd have no faith in Persol for that. Great glasses. Maybe I'm catching them at a bad time but I'm done giving them chances.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well, since they're made in the EU, there's the problem of shipping, for one. It's super expensive to ship stuff to the US right now, especially since the post office is f***ed and EMS isn't working from EU > US.

Also the dollar is pretty weak against the Euro right now.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Well, since they're made in the EU, there's the problem of shipping, for one. It's super expensive to ship stuff to the US right now, especially since the post office is f***ed and EMS isn't working from EU > US.

Also the dollar is pretty weak against the Euro right now.

In the breakdown it says shipping is free. I think I just figured it out. The frames are suppose to be 50% off. I think when I go to checkout it's not applying it. I really liked/wanted them but way too many issues on their site for me. I'm not going to call and have them figure it out. I just have no trust in that site/brand after all this.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

The classic wayfarer and club masters are the only two I buy from ray ban as they feel like they're still made as well as they were in the 80s and what not. I just think their metal frames (aviators) and their newer styles (Justin's and Erikas) are made with cost effectiveness as you will.

But for the price they are for the polarized lenses, they're great for anyone.

Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@HandshakeLine @Randy Butternubs

Re: Chopsticks.

My gf was very shocked to see how well I used them. When she found out why I was good at using them she just called me a dork.

In college and uni I would use them to eat crisps and other snacks while gaming with my mates so my hands wouldn't ruin the controller. So when we went for dim sum with her parents her dad was like "let me get you a fork" and I was like "nah I'm good" and my gf tells him in Vietnamese and he starts laughing and then he's like "he's better at using them than you."

I still use them for snacks.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
In the breakdown it says shipping is free. I think I just figured it out. The frames are suppose to be 50% off. I think when I go to checkout it's not applying it. I really liked/wanted them but way too many issues on their site for me. I'm not going to call and have them figure it out. I just have no trust in that site/brand after all this.

Fair enough. Also I'm absolutely shocked at the mark up yinz are paying on them. Persols are around 300 EUR here.

As far as overpriced designer frames go, my Chrome Hearts probably take the cake. :laugh: f*** are those overpriced.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Funny you ask. That's what I ended up getting. So I waited like 3 days for Persol site to work properly because I saw a pair I really liked. It's finally working today. It says frames are like $200 and lens are $200 so like $400, cool. It says $400 but then when I go to check out it magically jumps to $600 with no breakdown or reason why. Too much BS for me. If I'm spending that much I'd spend the extra $400 on Cartier. They have really good resale value if need be. I ended up just getting a pair of Ray Bans for like $300 and called it a day. Way more reliable and seem like they have a good return policy if need be. I'd have no faith in Persol for that. Great glasses. Maybe I'm catching them at a bad time but I'm done giving them chances.
Sorry mate. Weird the site was doing that. I've never had an issue like that with them before. Europe is also pretty f***ed right now.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
The classic wayfarer and club masters are the only two I buy from ray ban as they feel like they're still made as well as they were in the 80s and what not. I just think their metal frames (aviators) and their newer styles (Justin's and Erikas) are made with cost effectiveness as you will.

But for the price they are for the polarized lenses, they're great for anyone.

Ray Ban has a new tweener of aviators/square glasses. I'm not sure what you would call these?

8056597246491_0000

Fair enough. Also I'm absolutely shocked at the mark up yinz are paying on them. Persols are around 300 EUR here.

As far as overpriced designer frames go, my Chrome Hearts probably take the cake. :laugh: f*** are those overpriced.

I actually looked at Chrome Heart for all of two minutes... Saw those prices and said

giphy.gif

They have some really sick ones though!

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
@HandshakeLine @Randy Butternubs

Re: Chopsticks.

My gf was very shocked to see how well I used them. When she found out why I was good at using them she just called me a dork.

In college and uni I would use them to eat crisps and other snacks while gaming with my mates so my hands wouldn't ruin the controller. So when we went for dim sum with her parents her dad was like "let me get you a fork" and I was like "nah I'm good" and my gf tells him in Vietnamese and he starts laughing and then he's like "he's better at using them than you."

I still use them for snacks.

That's a great reason to use chopsticks. Also, because a lot of my friends here are Czech/Slovak-Vietnamese, when we hang out (in the non-plague times) we tend to either just have hot pot or nem ran or small fried snacks and chopsticks are so much easier for that kind of communal eating.

A fork just does not work for freshly fried nem ran and if you use your hands, you'll burn off your fingerprints.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's great having a set of chopsticks around to use as tube testers, too.

Speaking of which the 68 Custom DRRI needs all new glass... geez.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's great having a set of chopsticks around to use as tube testers, too.

Speaking of which the 68 Custom DRRI 68 needs all new glass... geez.

Also yes. Getting zapped can kill ya or at least f*** you up.

What are you using for your 6v6s Willy? I gotta put new glass in my Dynacord and it's roughly the same circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->