Line Combos: HFPens Decides - 3rd Defense Pairing

Who do you want on the third defense pair? Select two.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
POJ is more of a playmaking, 2-way D while Riikola is more of an OFD. I think Riikola's play style meshes well with Pettersson, while POJ is more of a replacement for Pettersson.

In a perfect world, I actually think your D pairs are POJ-Marino and Pettersson-Matheson, but I don't know if Matheson can play RD.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
POJ is more of a playmaking, 2-way D while Riikola is more of an OFD. I think Riikola's play style meshes well with Pettersson, while POJ is more of a replacement for Pettersson.

In a perfect world, I actually think your D pairs are POJ-Marino and Pettersson-Matheson, but I don't know if Matheson can play RD.

Sports Forecaster says he can play both sides.

Mike Matheson Stats, Profile, Bio, Analysis and More | Pittsburgh Penguins | The Sports Forecaster

Not sure how well...

And then the pairing of Riikola/Lee-Reilly/Maniscalco :)

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
I voted for Riikola because I want as many OFD as we have in. That's just my preference on D. Try to push the pace/offensive zone with D who can skate with the puck.

What's funny is, Dejan saying that Riikola is a young guy that looks like he's going to get blocked by vets like Matheson and Ceci. Then realizing Riikola I'd older than both of them. Riikola is actually our 4th oldest Dman! Only Letang, Dumo, and Ruh are older than him. That's crazy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad