OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla Took it to Thrinn and her boys, well... Nere and his wormy pal.
That was a two-for! Got the xp for the boots to thrinn and the gear... got the boots back and the xp and gear got nere's head..
Forge and act............ twooooooooooo!

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla starting to have so many blue gear I have to swip and swap per scenario / type of battle.
Also have a few legendary pieces... but unlike grim dawn or diablo .. I don't recall Larian titles having legendary gear sets... am I correct?

Although I do have string-together sets kind of like, say, lightning charge gear, or berserker / rage / wrath inspired gear --- some even color coordinate / aesthetically match (without dying them).
So it does have rag-tag sets... and after acquiring so many gear eventually you can pad desired stats / buffs.

Is there legendary sets? Build specific sets at least?

*** still at the forge... but found nothing in the way of getting that lava to flow.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla starting to have so many blue gear I have to swip and swap per scenario / type of battle.
Also have a few legendary pieces... but unlike grim dawn or diablo .. I don't recall Larian titles having legendary gear sets... am I correct?

Although I do have string-together sets kind of like, say, lightning charge gear, or berserker / rage / wrath inspired gear --- some even color coordinate / aesthetically match (without dying them).
So it does have rag-tag sets... and after acquiring so many gear eventually you can pad desired stats / buffs.

Is there legendary sets? Build specific sets at least?

*** still at the forge... but found nothing in the way of getting that lava to flow.
I haven’t found any specific sets like Diablo where the set would give a bonus or anything. Just things like you mentioned that are clearly built to flow together.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I haven’t found any specific sets like Diablo where the set would give a bonus or anything. Just things like you mentioned that are clearly built to flow together.
Got the forge working right... I was warping down to the bottom to lower it first... it breaks the forge.
Then got trounced by big bad protector... I beat him but I risked letting downed person just stay downed because we were so close to finishing him off rather than to risk a heal (mistake twice over - once because shadowheart didn't do enough damage to attack (which I did) instead of healing a big hitter--and the person who could have finished him in time MISSED) so I'll have to re-do the fight.
He's not that difficult, mostly because I forfeited a round switching to all bludgeon weapons - which is is vulnerable.
Edging closer to act 2 =P

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Got the forge working right... I was warping down to the bottom to lower it first... it breaks the forge.
Then got trounced by big bad protector... I beat him but I risked letting downed person just stay downed because we were so close to finishing him off rather than to risk a heal (mistake twice over - once because shadowheart didn't do enough damage to attack (which I did) instead of healing a big hitter--and the person who could have finished him in time MISSED) so I'll have to re-do the fight.
He's not that difficult, mostly because I forfeited a round switching to all bludgeon weapons - which is is vulnerable.
Edging closer to act 2 =P
My barbarian always has a handful of each damage type thrown weapon on him (hand axes, javelins, daggers, spears, light hammers, etc) so instead of switching weapons I just threw half a dozen light hammers at him over and over :laugh: Thrown weapons are actually super good in this game since you can just throw them from your inventory without actually equipping them.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My barbarian always has a handful of each damage type thrown weapon on him (hand axes, javelins, daggers, spears, light hammers, etc) so instead of switching weapons I just threw half a dozen light hammers at him over and over :laugh: Thrown weapons are actually super good in this game since you can just throw them from your inventory without actually equipping them.
It is good, until I got 2nd attack I depended on throw. You can recover most every time you throw a weapon.... only one time I lost an axe. Never paid attention to thrown damage type, is it pierce or whatever specific weapon type thrown?
*** I do the same for karlach -- but not enough 'blunt' hammers are in the inventory *** I checked I had two 'decent' +1 hammer's and I just got the second one ... (now I have 20 or so bland hammers and maces back in my camp inventory, but I'd have to reload to gather them)...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It is good, until I got 2nd attack I depended on throw. You can recover most every time you throw a weapon.... only one time I lost an axe. Never paid attention to thrown damage type, is it pierce or whatever specific weapon type thrown?
*** I do the same for karlach -- but not enough 'blunt' hammers are in the inventory *** I checked I had two 'decent' +1 hammer's and I just got the second one ... (now I have 20 or so bland hammers and maces back in my camp inventory, but I'd have to reload to gather them)...
you want to use items that say they have the "Thrown" property to do good damage and accuracy with them. I think Light Hammer is the only blunt type for this. Cleavers and Hand Axe for slashing. Daggers, spears, javelins for piercing. You can throw other weapons, but less accurately and probably not as far.

Spears and knives became my go-to for this just because I had magical versions of those. The others are almost exclusively used to throw, so they don't seem to have many magical ones in the game. But there are plenty of spears and daggers and I always hang on to the good ones.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can't get into audiobooks. I still enjoy reading and haven't given up on life enough just yet to "listen" to some tosser reading a book to me like some mental walnut being read to with an old bloke doing voices like I do when I read to my nephew and niece, and they're 8 and 6.

Swift justice, 27yrs later!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I can't get into audiobooks. I still enjoy reading and haven't given up on life enough just yet to "listen" to some tosser reading a book to me like some mental walnut being read to with an old bloke doing voices like I do when I read to my nephew and niece, and they're 8 and 6.

Swift justice, 27yrs later!
Audiobooks are great. I can’t physically read a book while driving or walking the dogs or lifting or running on a treadmill.

Actually I do some kindle books while I lift between sets on the phone app. It was also great for Disney actually, reading in lines. We still buy real books of the good ones to put on a shelf, but I switched to kindle on vacation about two years ago and can’t look back, it’s just too much more convenient.

I wish audio and kindle books would sync so I could listen in the car and then have it on my kindle when I get home, but I’d have to buy or borrow both copies separately and then figure out the right page or audio time stamp. And I have learned that I am not very good at reading one and listening to another in the same timeframe.

Listened to Slaughterhouse Five 100% in the car or dog walks this week. Good book.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla ok, so yeah... armor is way more kick butt in the adamantine forge than the weapon... though it would be nice to have one weapon that has those bonus attributes.
Went with the shield and heavy armor (for lae-zel) even though basically everyone else could swap out medium armor... oh well. Shield for my main ranger to protect with the melee buff and super tank heavy armor for lae'zel -- until we find more mithral ore.

So, not knowing the way to act 2 outside of the mountain pass and the risen road oh and the elevator in the UD... I did take the elevator, and we went right into the shadow lands or whatever curse area.... what!? I thought you could take the safer UD to moonrise tower or temple or wherever you need to go!!! Need a light or torch at all times!?!? Oh man that does a serious blow to my melee squad, but if dancing lights evocation is just an action and no rest/long rest cool down then I suppose that will work and I can pair them up, since shadowheart is unaffected and my ranger can hold a torch and still wield the bow (the whole party has powerful ranged weapons, but still...)

Anyway I so not want to deal with that curse place I warped to the risen road bridge and figured I can go through there ... and it is totally different, it's... nice and green... and lae'zel has a story quest that triggers in that area so... I have no idea what I'm doing, bouncing between shadow lands and that temple area (it says west leads to the moon temple or where ever you need to go in act 2)...
So I'm kind of in the middle, but suspect I may still have to deal with the shadow lands :eek:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla ok, so yeah... armor is way more kick butt in the adamantine forge than the weapon... though it would be nice to have one weapon that has those bonus attributes.
Went with the shield and heavy armor (for lae-zel) even though basically everyone else could swap out medium armor... oh well. Shield for my main ranger to protect with the melee buff and super tank heavy armor for lae'zel -- until we find more mithral ore.

So, not knowing the way to act 2 outside of the mountain pass and the risen road oh and the elevator in the UD... I did take the elevator, and we went right into the shadow lands or whatever curse area.... what!? I thought you could take the safer UD to moonrise tower or temple or wherever you need to go!!! Need a light or torch at all times!?!? Oh man that does a serious blow to my melee squad, but if dancing lights evocation is just an action and no rest/long rest cool down then I suppose that will work and I can pair them up, since shadowheart is unaffected and my ranger can hold a torch and still wield the bow (the whole party has powerful ranged weapons, but still...)

Anyway I so not want to deal with that curse place I warped to the risen road bridge and figured I can go through there ... and it is totally different, it's... nice and green... and lae'zel has a story quest that triggers in that area so... I have no idea what I'm doing, bouncing between shadow lands and that temple area (it says west leads to the moon temple or where ever you need to go in act 2)...
So I'm kind of in the middle, but suspect I may still have to deal with the shadow lands :eek:
Mild spoiler: You’ll get rid of the need for torches if you follow the main story for a bit.

The light cantrip is great too.

And yes the shadowlands pretty much are act 2

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Audiobooks are great. I can’t physically read a book while driving or walking the dogs or lifting or running on a treadmill.

Actually I do some kindle books while I lift between sets on the phone app. It was also great for Disney actually, reading in lines. We still buy real books of the good ones to put on a shelf, but I switched to kindle on vacation about two years ago and can’t look back, it’s just too much more convenient.

I wish audio and kindle books would sync so I could listen in the car and then have it on my kindle when I get home, but I’d have to buy or borrow both copies separately and then figure out the right page or audio time stamp. And I have learned that I am not very good at reading one and listening to another in the same timeframe.

Listened to Slaughterhouse Five 100% in the car or dog walks this week. Good book.

I have tried. I just can't do the whole shtick personally. But hey if it gets more people into great novels, fine.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have tried. I just can't do the whole shtick personally. But hey if it gets more people into great novels, fine.
Some are certainly better than others. And my wife and I have each come across a couple we just couldn’t finish and then got them on kindle.

And yeah it definitely has me reading more. I’ve read more for fun the last two years than the rest of my life combined, or at least close to it. Probably around half of that is audiobook.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Which part you get turned off by? Being read to, or not reading yourself?
Or other......?
Some are certainly better than others. And my wife and I have each come across a couple we just couldn’t finish and then got them on kindle.

And yeah it definitely has me reading more. I’ve read more for fun the last two years than the rest of my life combined, or at least close to it. Probably around half of that is audiobook.
If you plan on living long --- reading is one way of avoiding dementia. Once you let the brain slip........ no recovery.
There are so many books out there -that there are dozens or more books that will entertain even the most peculiar subject matter interests...

----------

I found a new live streaming / replay site for all of sports over the world.... It is so weird watching TV in russia... england... austrailia.... poland.... HEH! Praise the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad