OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sure but it will be a while for updates. What I said what happened was by a friend of theirs outside my work freaking out, he was there and said they were all high that’s why they didn’t call the cops. But who knows what really happened if they were high.
Yeah they... (IN PA) as far as I know, and PA has had increased OD calls since... they can't bust anyone for calling for OD help... if these people are in PA... I mean word travels fast among those people... they know drug law... so they must be walking disasters not to know or too afraid too call... either way keep me updated please - do not care the time. -- Been personally following a case from a highschool acquaintance... taking so much time for progression it is almost moving backwards 🥱

My garden went well for a trio of groundhogs.
lost 50% of ours last year to them... don't care how evil it was (after trying every possible natural keep away) I cemented their hole in our yard. Now they stay across the street and we feed them our left over banana's water melons cantaloupe and honeydew... they're happy, we're happy :wg:

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Yeah they... (IN PA) as far as I know, and PA has had increased OD calls since... they can't bust anyone for calling for OD help... if these people are in PA... I mean word travels fast among those people... they know drug law... so they must be walking disasters not to know or too afraid too call... either way keep me updated please - do not care the time. -- Been personally following a case from a highschool acquaintance... taking so much time for progression it is almost moving backwards 🥱

lost 50% of ours last year to them... don't care how evil it was (after trying every possible natural keep away) I cemented their hole in our yard. Now they stay across the street and we feed them our left over banana's water melons cantaloupe and honeydew... they're happy, we're happy :wg:
Evil? I rocked up every opening I could find and ran a garden hose in for an hour last year. Unfortunately didn't work.

• Haha
Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Evil? I rocked up every opening I could find and ran a garden hose in for an hour last year. Unfortunately didn't work.
:laugh:

Put up a little wooden picket fence. nope. Hung smelly soap every foot or so on picket fence, nope. Put urine around the fence, hahaha... nope, just made dog remark his territory, nope nope. Scare crow type stuff / noise distractions, nope. put diapers in their hole, gross, and nope. Poured urine in their hole, nope. Jammed rocks onto the hole, nope. Put dog outside to scare them away, nope. Would physically shoo them away, nope... come back anyway. Had them in my sights of my bow and an arrow with each of their names on it.... but he was so cute and I missed once and I have no idea how it must have grazed his head honestly.... but thought no more... we will give back to nature and have harmony. But they ravaged the garden last year, easily 50% or more, this year.... pretty good harvest, large. Each year is a battle with whatever nature throws at us... those catepillar worms that love cabbage two years ago, ground hogs last year, too much rain this year... it is always something =P

But yeah hahaha... you went evil a lot sooner than I did, and I didn't even get all that evil haha...

Reactions: BigEezyE22

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
:laugh:

Put up a little wooden picket fence. nope. Hung smelly soap every foot or so on picket fence, nope. Put urine around the fence, hahaha... nope, just made dog remark his territory, nope nope. Scare crow type stuff / noise distractions, nope. put diapers in their hole, gross, and nope. Poured urine in their hole, nope. Jammed rocks onto the hole, nope. Put dog outside to scare them away, nope. Would physically shoo them away, nope... come back anyway. Had them in my sights of my bow and an arrow with each of their names on it.... but he was so cute and I missed once and I have no idea how it must have grazed his head honestly.... but thought no more... we will give back to nature and have harmony. But they ravaged the garden last year, easily 50% or more, this year.... pretty good harvest, large. Each year is a battle with whatever nature throws at us... those catepillar worms that love cabbage two years ago, ground hogs last year, too much rain this year... it is always something =P

But yeah hahaha... you went evil a lot sooner than I did, and I didn't even get all that evil haha...
So my daughters don't like the thought of hurting animals, but the moment I explain they might eat her strawberry plants, the younger one goes "daddy, you need to kill them all. "

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
So my daughters don't like the thought of hurting animals, but the moment I explain they might eat her strawberry plants, the younger one goes "daddy, you need to kill them all. "
shame-nick-frost.gif

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
Anyone know a season ticket holder who A) gets physical tickets, and B) is looking to sell the home opener?

As a keeper of old-school ticket stubs, I'd prefer to have a physical memento of Karlsson's debut.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone know a season ticket holder who A) gets physical tickets, and B) is looking to sell the home opener?

As a keeper of old-school ticket stubs, I'd prefer to have a physical memento of Karlsson's debut.
I also prefer physical tickets. I do not bring my phone with me everywhere...
Wouldn't believe how much problems I run into. Like it's mandatory to carry one.... I don't think so.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watched 'i saw the devil' thinking it would be similar to 'the wailing' but it most certainly was not and it was not even horror and I'm frustrated and angry that I keep getting just flat out deceit in my IF YOU LIKE THIS MOVIE YOU WILL LIKE: .......... searches.

It's difficult to find films like the wailing.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Watched 'i saw the devil' thinking it would be similar to 'the wailing' but it most certainly was not and it was not even horror and I'm frustrated and angry that I keep getting just flat out deceit in my IF YOU LIKE THIS MOVIE YOU WILL LIKE: .......... searches.

It's difficult to find films like the wailing.
I don't think we could possibly have more different taste in movies. Example: I watched Legally Blonde last night. Hadn't seen it before; really good movie.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't think we could possibly have more different taste in movies. Example: I watched Legally Blonde last night. Hadn't seen it before; really good movie.
The spouse wants horror or scary film.... and it is incredibly difficult to find a good one to match a really good one, you know? Chasing the dragon kind of deal... you only have so many excellent movies in existence... So the wailing was such a hit with us we moved to Korean films... they have something western films lack... I am bouncing country to country searching for good scary films hah...
Other than that, she used to just fall asleep if we watched just a regular film. So why even bother after so many times. So I ask what kind of film she wants to watch...

Legally Blonde... with Reese yeah? That's alright, that is alright =]
Saw it when it first came out...

Just made it to the cave in at the forge, i struck a deal to join the merc's and kill this near guy (the mushrooms want dead anyways) so double reward time coming my way... just not sure the deep gnomes will get hurt as well and I fail to free them.... this is going to be a mess =P
(((i guess I ___HAVE___ to use the rare blue runepowder 'splosive... I was hoping to hurl that at someone in the city, bahhh :devdance:

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
All the BGIII talk reminds me of the time my wife came to ask me what the big deal is about DND since she knew I was a past enjoyer and I ended up explaining how, with the proper attributes and rolls, coming across a dark cave full of orcs doesn't necessarily mean you have a fight on your hands because your party could, in theory, instead just seduce and become romantically entangled with the entire clan.

• Haha
Reactions: Ogrezilla and LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
All the BGIII talk reminds me of the time my wife came to ask me what the big deal is about DND since she knew I was a past enjoyer and I ended up explaining how, with the proper attributes and rolls, coming across a dark cave full of orcs doesn't necessarily mean you have a fight on your hands because your party could, in theory, instead just seduce and become romantically entangled with the entire clan.
I am a deceptive ranger with slight of hand and I'll deceive before fighting something head on.

Not sure why, but this comment reminded me of my dream last night.
Not unlike many before it... this time more frustrating than horrifying/terrifying... I was 18 again, yes... :eek: ... but I was dating my naughty girl I met through a friend at the disney store (of all places) ... anyway, the dream was me chasing her in some weird party hallway with several rooms, more like an warped office... and there were strangers there and she kept telling me shes fine go enjoy the party (and I think look for some substance or another to return to her with**) so I knew where something was but I went to go there and of course, patented dream move...it was not possible, long - to short of it, I did get there and it was gone... and so was she... then I woke and said no more of this dream I am getting up... the dream while quite fictitious, sometimes I wonder what my brain is doing to me, or vice versa... or I mean the waking me... ohhh forget it..

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I'm a person who does not remember my dreams. Hardly ever, or if I do, it's some small random piece that makes little sense without context. Not that dreams are famous for making sense anyway. Given how ****ing weird some of my brain paths are while conscious, it's probably a positive my subconscious imaginings remain hidden.

That being said, it's fairly common for me to wake up with a random song stuck in my head, often one I haven't heard or thought about in some time, or ever. This morning it was that "California" song they used as the theme for The OC. I don't like that song, I never watched OC, yet here we are.

Reactions: LOGiK and Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Bigby's Hand makes for a surprisingly effective way to end an encounter with a cloud giantess
At the rate we play I'm probably at least a year from learning it, but I really can't wait for that spell with my sorcerer. I'm playing a sorcerer/warlock who got his power from mindflayers so all of his spells are either psychic or tentacle based, and the DM is letting me reskin a lot of things to tentacles. Even my eldritch blast is skinned as shooting tentacles out. But Bigby's Hand will be a fun one :laugh:

Here he is: Calvin Amari. His friends call him Cal. His enemies know him as Tentacles, with the end being pronounced how you would say Hercules. And yes I do have this mini.
tentacles.jpg

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla Hey, yes or no... is everything available with the path i've taken thus far (i've basically told you every where I've been) to operate the grymforge? I have mould's, I have what I thought was the ore, but is just adamantine pebbles or whatever, not ore... so I need ore, the lava mechanic is busted ... and whatever else. I have the book to operate... just need the ore and fix the lava flow. Can I do that? yes/no?
I did it before dealing with nere, so maybe get my ore there in the cave / cave in.

At the rate we play I'm probably at least a year from learning it, but I really can't wait for that spell with my sorcerer. I'm playing a sorcerer/warlock who got his power from mindflayers so all of his spells are either psychic or tentacle based, and the DM is letting me reskin a lot of things to tentacles. Even my eldritch blast is skinned as shooting tentacles out. But Bigby's Hand will be a fun one :laugh:

Here he is: Calvin Amari. His friends call him Cal. His enemies know him as Tentacles, with the end being pronounced how you would say Hercules. And yes I do have this mini.
View attachment 746353
Gotta be a hit with the ladies

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla Hey, yes or no... is everything available with the path i've taken thus far (i've basically told you every where I've been) to operate the grymforge? I have mould's, I have what I thought was the ore, but is just adamantine pebbles or whatever, not ore... so I need ore, the lava mechanic is busted ... and whatever else. I have the book to operate... just need the ore and fix the lava flow. Can I do that? yes/no?
I did it before dealing with nere, so maybe get my ore there in the cave / cave in.

Gotta be a hit with the ladies
I don't remember about the lava part exactly. The ore you need is down a little path on your way to the forge, to the left if you're walking down the stairs from the waypoint in the temple area. But I think you need to activate the whole thing down below or something? I forget exactly.

I ended up fairly disappointed in the sword I got from the forge, the armor seems better.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't remember about the lava part exactly. The ore you need is down a little path on your way to the forge, to the left if you're walking down the stairs from the waypoint in the temple area. But I think you need to activate the whole thing down below or something? I forget exactly.

I ended up fairly disappointed in the sword I got from the forge, the armor seems better.
Yeah I juuust found the ore after I posted that. It's a mithral ore deposit, I hit lvl 6 and stat bumped lae-zel to 20 strength and she hammered out a piece, just one???
I just exploded the blockade after exhausting all options to not use my runedust or whatever name... sided with the merc's to fight nere and we have a huge rumpus now haha... it's like 8 v 8 or so... those little bastards are running around pushing everyone in the lava haha...
When picking why I wanted to fight nere... a, I'm one of the chosen b, I'm revenge for the mushrooms c, i'll rip you limb from limb if you touch me -or- d, I don't like your face.
I went with D haaahahaha..
It's true though... he's a punk... and he looks like a punk and acts like a pompous punk... save for next session is start of go time... then the forge, then... and I can hardly believe it... ACT II!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah I juuust found the ore after I posted that. It's a mithral ore deposit, I hit lvl 6 and stat bumped lae-zel to 20 strength and she hammered out a piece, just one???
I just exploded the blockade after exhausting all options to not use my runedust or whatever name... sided with the merc's to fight nere and we have a huge rumpus now haha... it's like 8 v 8 or so... those little bastards are running around pushing everyone in the lava haha...
When picking why I wanted to fight nere... a, I'm one of the chosen b, I'm revenge for the mushrooms c, i'll rip you limb from limb if you touch me -or- d, I don't like your face.
I went with D haaahahaha..
It's true though... he's a punk... and he looks like a punk and acts like a pompous punk... save for next session is start of go time... then the forge, then... and I can hardly believe it... ACT II!
I have no idea what mercs you are talking about, I was waaaay outnumbered in that fight. Apparently I missed a chance to make friends? That sounds exactly like something I'd do :laugh: Probably the hardest fight I've actually had in the game. But I also killed that guy

@LOGiK well I am up to level 12. I think I'm nearing the end. 77 hours in my save, 102 in game overall.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I have no idea what mercs you are talking about, I was waaaay outnumbered in that fight. Apparently I missed a chance to make friends? That sounds exactly like something I'd do :laugh: Probably the hardest fight I've actually had in the game. But I also killed that guy

@LOGiK well I am up to level 12. I think I'm nearing the end. 77 hours in my save, 102 in game overall.
Wow... max level and arc of your specific character story. Such a small total play time too.
Yes... he is a very hostile person, his trio loiters just before the entrance to thrinn -- or the nere cave-in. Just before that area (basically in that area). He starts out hostile, I thought it was going to be a fight, then his wifey or whomever says don't fight right now, he backs down, I said - I forget specific which words -- and he offered me a % take on the nere thing BECAUSE HE OWES THEM MONEY haha.. so I convinced him to attack and I will help (or I could have done nothing and just cleaned up after) and I will take HALF... and he is pissed about that... will see if that turns into a fight or not if he's alive after this fight.

So you happy with act III? Seems like completing act III and starting anew in a new avatar would be a challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad