OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Its been 84 years... But now Karlsson is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Well that sucks...was told at work one of the cashiers that was on maternity leave for her 3rd child her boyfriend and father of all 3 kids OD'd on drugs at a party and the other friends dragged him to another room and left him there and never called 911, then when the girlfriend walked in they said "your boyfriend is dead in the other room".

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well that sucks...was told at work one of the cashiers that was on maternity leave for her 3rd child her boyfriend and father of all 3 kids OD'd on drugs at a party and the other friends dragged him to another room and left him there and never called 911, then when the girlfriend walked in they said "your boyfriend is dead in the other room".
Jesus Christ that’s terrible.

On a separate but very related note, have you considered getting the hell away from where you are and just trying again somewhere else? Because you live in some cursed world or something.

Reactions: 66-30-33

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Jesus Christ that’s terrible.

On a separate but very related note, have you considered getting the hell away from where you are and just trying again somewhere else? Because you live in some cursed world or something.
Naw, I don’t run away from anything. Getting a security camera hooked up though.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Evening all :)

What have we all been up to this summer, anything interesting?

Howdy stranger!

And nope -- nothing too fun for me this summer. I've been working too much. For example, I started my drive to work yesterday at 4am, worked til 4pm (had a small break in there f or a different job interview), and then worked from 6 to 9:30. I think the interview went well? And apparently there are people at the company that I used to work with so I think that bodes well.

The only interesting thing that happened to me was that the GF's family absolutely cannot drive in the city or use GPS. I'll try to find my posts narrating it.

Found it:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Look at this little dipshit, he's great, except for the fact he cant' figure out how to use his litterbox the right way.

IMG-9478.jpg

Still haven't introduced him to the original gatto, he's in quarantine for a few more days as per vet's orders to make sure he doesn't have anything transmissible and that they get used to each other's smell and sound.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Watched a few movies recently

Clear and present danger was good stuff. I really need to dig into the early 90s stuff that I was too young to care about at the time.

Funny people is pretty good but like an hour too long.

Guardians of the galaxy 3 was solid. Standard Gunn movies with some flip jokes, but also a lot of great bits and just a fun movie. Easily marvels best trilogy.

Finally watched my cousin Vinny. Pretty good, about 30 minutes too long, but the last 30 minutes are great. And tomei knocks it out of the park.

And the big short; just a really good movie. Gosling is always solid but he’s best at comedy.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Watched no hard feelings. Pretty good, especially the middle of the movie is funny. I felt the need to watch it just because the world needs to start making comedies again. It’s not quite an old school comedy, but it’s kind of an updated take on the silly gimmicks they used to do all the time. Fun movie.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Still haven't introduced him to the original gatto, he's in quarantine for a few more days as per vet's orders to make sure he doesn't have anything transmissible and that they get used to each other's smell and sound.

This is a smart decision, my oldest cat Nala developed a chronic respiratory infection when I adopted my youngest cat Onyx back in 2021. It's not anything too major, she just sneezes a lot now, but the vets did basically confirm that she got it from adopting the young cat.

I have somehow managed to stick at only 4 pets for 2 years now, the chaos in the house is well distributed enough that I don't want to upend it :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
This is a smart decision, my oldest cat Nala developed a chronic respiratory infection when I adopted my youngest cat Onyx back in 2021. It's not anything too major, she just sneezes a lot now, but the vets did basically confirm that she got it from adopting the young cat.

I have somehow managed to stick at only 4 pets for 2 years now, the chaos in the house is well distributed enough that I don't want to upend it :laugh:
Aw, that sucks for Nala. But yeah, that's what we're hoping to avoid. The vet said at least a week, 14 days is probably more ideal, but homeboy's quarantine room is the powder room, so we'll probably speed that up wee bit if he gets a clean bill of health at his second checkup on Monday (and Escargot doesn't react too badly) so we don't have to hotbox kitten shits anymore.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Watched a few movies recently

Clear and present danger was good stuff. I really need to dig into the early 90s stuff that I was too young to care about at the time.

Funny people is pretty good but like an hour too long.

Guardians of the galaxy 3 was solid. Standard Gunn movies with some flip jokes, but also a lot of great bits and just a fun movie. Easily marvels best trilogy.

Finally watched my cousin Vinny. Pretty good, about 30 minutes too long, but the last 30 minutes are great. And tomei knocks it out of the park.

And the big short; just a really good movie. Gosling is always solid but he’s best at comedy.

Swingers is another good 90's movie
Tango and Cash too :)

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Watched no hard feelings. Pretty good, especially the middle of the movie is funny. I felt the need to watch it just because the world needs to start making comedies again. It’s not quite an old school comedy, but it’s kind of an updated take on the silly gimmicks they used to do all the time. Fun movie.

If you like stupid raunchy comedy Boomers was really funny.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why does OED (oxford english dictionary) add 'new' words each year that are just new slang to pre-existing words already invented to describe an act or what not. I'm curious who they are on the authority level of what is a word and not a word. Some of these are just phony baloney

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Some places they could be prosecuted.

Maybe he was a true addict and had a pact to not call for help if OD?
Maybe they didn't know?
If they did know and just watch him die, not helping... sounds harsh and I'm inclined to say it sounds unlawful (spiritually or mankind's law) but at the same stone how can they be responsible for what he did, BUT then still... how did they know he OD'd and didn't have a seizure or any number of health issues... I'd say there is or should be charges to someone or many... interesting incident.
How'd it play out, 'man, if we call the paramedics the police show up and that would harsh the mellow of the party....' :dunno:

PA I know they made it so that you cannot be arrested for helping someone who OD'd. Like they say in the goofy movies.... 'we can't call for help we'll get arrested' etc etc... saving the life is more important than getting in trouble. As long as the stuff isn't in plain sight (I don't know the specific wording, but you can call for help - even though the police do show up)....

Keep us updated on what happens would ya?

I came to post about how good a few Korean films are... but don't watch to attach it to this post so I'll wait...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Some places they could be prosecuted.

Maybe he was a true addict and had a pact to not call for help if OD?
Maybe they didn't know?
If they did know and just watch him die, not helping... sounds harsh and I'm inclined to say it sounds unlawful (spiritually or mankind's law) but at the same stone how can they be responsible for what he did, BUT then still... how did they know he OD'd and didn't have a seizure or any number of health issues... I'd say there is or should be charges to someone or many... interesting incident.
How'd it play out, 'man, if we call the paramedics the police show up and that would harsh the mellow of the party....' :dunno:

PA I know they made it so that you cannot be arrested for helping someone who OD'd. Like they say in the goofy movies.... 'we can't call for help we'll get arrested' etc etc... saving the life is more important than getting in trouble. As long as the stuff isn't in plain sight (I don't know the specific wording, but you can call for help - even though the police do show up)....

Keep us updated on what happens would ya?

I came to post about how good a few Korean films are... but don't watch to attach it to this post so I'll wait...
Sure but it will be a while for updates. What I said what happened was by a friend of theirs outside my work freaking out, he was there and said they were all high that’s why they didn’t call the cops. But who knows what really happened if they were high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad