Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Happy New Years everyone!

ObedientRipeGermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Eat eggs man.... you can cook EGGS right?
Chicken breast?
Lean burgers? 93/7?
Tons of decent foods you can cook pretty simple....
or..........
do you not have a stove or kitchen area to prepare stuff at all? (donno your situation)

Or if you're a vegg only person... huzzah! Don't really have to cook then.

You trying to reply to me instead of yourself? Most hotels have a microwave, but that's it. And no freezer. But lately I've been getting some groceries and doing things like wraps. Best I've done is buying the cooked rotisserie chicken and getting microwave broccoli and rice cups. But "relationship building" is part of my job, so I end up at lunch and dinner out at restaurants a lot too.

Just had my first taste of korean food, pretty good. The owner shops at my work and told her a while ago I would come in and finally did. My work keeps calling her my girlfriend because I might have a thing for her.

Reactions: LOGiK

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I've tried carbonated water before and I couldn't get into it. It just made water taste acidic for me.

People say it's a soda replacement and I never understood that. I don't drink soda for the carbonation, I drink soda because I like the taste :laugh:
Yeah I hate unflavored carbonated water. Or those barely flavored ones. I'd rather do the flavor mixes in regular water if I'm cutting out pop.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I've tried carbonated water before and I couldn't get into it. It just made water taste acidic for me.

People say it's a soda replacement and I never understood that. I don't drink soda for the carbonation, I drink soda because I like the taste :laugh:
I thought it was always Soda water. Discovered you can do Pepsi in it. Mind blown

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I am so freaking pissed Netflix canceled 1899. I am done with that garbage platform.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm starting up Valkyrie Chronicles 4 again. I got about 18 hours into the game last time, but I wasn't able to finish it after getting stuck on a level and just getting irritated. The gameplay is obviously terrific, I love these Three Houses style strategy games, I just need to actually beat it this time :laugh:

I last played this game in June 2020, so it's been 2.5 years.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
waiting for episodes of Mythic Quest

I'm honestly sick of seeing Rob McElhenney. Maybe it's because he's trying to crawl up Ryan Reynolds's butt or maybe it's because I don't like him on the Sunny podcast. But I'm sick of seeing/hearing from him. I stopped watching the Wrexham FX series and listening to the Sunny podcast because of this. Plus I also want to still enjoy the new Sunny episodes so I just need a break from him.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm starting up Valkyrie Chronicles 4 again. I got about 18 hours into the game last time, but I wasn't able to finish it after getting stuck on a level and just getting irritated. The gameplay is obviously terrific, I love these Three Houses style strategy games, I just need to actually beat it this time :laugh:

I almost bought that while it was on sale. How is it?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm honestly sick of seeing Rob McElhenney. Maybe it's because he's trying to crawl up Ryan Reynolds's butt or maybe it's because I don't like him on the Sunny podcast. But I'm sick of seeing/hearing from him. I stopped watching the Wrexham FX series and listening to the Sunny podcast because of this. Plus I also want to still enjoy the new Sunny episodes so I just need a break from him.

I don’t like Reynolds so I don’t watch that Wrexham garbage nor do I listen to the podcast and I gave up on Always Sunny a few seasons ago so I’m not as bothered as you.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I almost bought that while it was on sale. How is it?
I liked Valkyria Chronicles 4 a lot. It's a strange story, but I liked the characters and the combat system is fun and pretty unique. It's a bit flawed in that there's a recurring enemy that sort of pushes one or two strategies / unit types to being more important than the others, but it certainly didn't hurt the game to any significant degree imo. And I think I still ended up using at least 1 of every unit type in most battles. Overall I actually think the combat has a better difficulty curve than most Fire Emblems, which tend to end up being pretty easy after you get to a certain point.

Which reminds me that I need to play the first VC. I had it on I guess Wii back when it was new, got stuck, and quit. After I beat 4 I bought 1 on sale for like $5, but haven't played it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HandshakeLine

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don’t like Reynolds so I don’t watch that Wrexham garbage nor do I listen to the podcast and I gave up on Always Sunny a few seasons ago so I’m not as bothered as you.
I loved Wrexham, but the parts that focused on them were for sure less interesting than just following the team itself. I don't dislike either, but I can certainly do without them both too.

I liked Mythic Quest S1 when we binged it with our Apple tv trial. Some day my wife and I plan to get Apple tv for a month or two again and just watch the hell out of MQ, Ted Lasso, Severance, and I know there are some others. Probably after we get caught up on Survivor.

We finally got up-to-date on Always Sunny and it really has gone down hill. I think up through S 5 or 6 is about as good a run as any show has had. Every episode in that run is great. From about 7 to 11 most episodes were still pretty good, and each season has at least a few great episodes still. You start to get some turds, but they are outnumbered by the good stuff. But 12-15 is rough. Legit bad episodes outnumber even pretty good ones., and I don't think there's anything close to great in that stretch. Mac and Dennis Move to the Suburbs in S11 is probably the last episode that I would call great.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Glass Onion was shit.

White Noise is nonsensical pretentious bullshit, Noah seems like he self flagellated himself whilst filming this or something because it’s legit terrible.

The Pale Blue Eye is my last hope for a good Netflix movie.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad