OT: HFPens Community Lounge: A Pocket Full of Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone see GOZILLA v Daddy Kong??

I'd bet all my hfbucks that they fight each other, draw it up. Encounter new emerging foe. Team up to take on foe... win... happy little ending.

I didn't see any previews either so I donno story, but I wouldn't be surprised if its the super generic route.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
That's so cool, @LOGiK , sounds like something I would have had a blast with as a kid.

As for the hair part...my head is about 93% hair by volume at this stage of the pandemic. The only difference between my hair and kudzu is color.

Considering almost every male I'm related to has about 15 hair follicles, I'm not sure if this is a blessing or a curse yet :laugh: Hot damn is it annoying though, stupid emo cow licks conspiring to take half of my vision away...

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That's so cool, @LOGiK , sounds like something I would have had a blast with as a kid.

As for the hair part...my head is about 93% hair by volume at this stage of the pandemic. The only difference between my hair and kudzu is color.

Considering almost every male I'm related to has about 15 hair follicles, I'm not sure if this is a blessing or a curse yet :laugh: Hot damn is it annoying though, stupid emo cow licks conspiring to take half of my vision away...

I expected a person to show up and got this:
iu

and laughed.

Yeah me too. Grand father full head of hair til his visit with abraham into his late 80's.
Father, the george costanza.
Brother, very thin hair on top of his gigantic basketball size stupid head.
Me, full head of hair like grand pops... thinning though on the left side of my forehead... not bad.

ITS NEVER A CURSE!!!!!! Going bald is..... is..... no... it's not a curse 8=P

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
errrrrrr mehhhh gerdddddd... just remembered I have peking chef take-out from last night I didn't touch.

Got the good stuff on the way home from work yesterday, but wasn't hungry so I just saved it. Wifey just had to try it out cause she loves the eggs and corn they put in the rice.
Me -> chicken fried rice. Simple and plentiful, plus I love they put eggs in the rice.
Her -> shrimp fried rice. Same... simple and damn large quantities.

10 bucks each... definitely a higher quality chinese food, but worth it.
The low end chinese food shop in town is great too, but just different ingredients in their rice, meat qualities etc etc.
Felt like splurging for the holiday

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Hair falls out on top as you get older and gets re-routed to some more annoying place somewhere on your body as you get older...
but I swear I just cut these damn things... do nails grow faster or wat? I just cut these things.

I realized I was getting officially old when I had to dump the beard trimmer and buy a new one that had a fancy attachment for nose and ear hair. You don't actually ever lose hair it just retires and moves south.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah, I've done both. It's not really 'cheating' more along the lines of just grinding it out. Parking yourself on a heal/avo buff tile and taking on an entire enemy unit squad to level isn't dirty. You're still going through all the motions to get the exp pts. Just in a boring drool on your cheeks afterwards sort of way. *you really mash out the enemy if you level so fast*

ALERT!*!#)!@*)!@ I DID THE LANCE quest and I returned the lance.... I RETURNED THE LANCE!!!! Am I missing out on having a hero's relic in my convoy?

Speaking of which, I'll just say this out loud since you guys already played through it. There are MONSTERS! in the game? I know it said ability unlocked monster bane etc etc... but I thought it was mostly human based characters... and the lighter side of fantasy.. but it was crest mutation... so there is that too... im intrigued... I am very much enjoying the hell out of this game.

I have aaaaaaaaaaaaaa lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooootttttttttttt of story left to go too dont i? I'm only on chapter 1 haha.... looking for flayn now is my quest.

Hubert is an evil little bastard isn't he? Ever support level up seems to be him threatening everyone or scaring them.
I like him!!!!! haha
yep, the monsters are why I want everyone to at least have some gambit ability to get rid of their shield, aside from just getting the stats from equipping it.

I don't honestly remember about that spear if you can keep it. I just did that quest and also don't have it. I'm about to start the battle in the chapter where Flayn is missing.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
yep, the monsters are why I want everyone to at least have some gambit ability to get rid of their shield, aside from just getting the stats from equipping it.

I don't honestly remember about that spear if you can keep it. I just did that quest and also don't have it. I'm about to start the battle in the chapter where Flayn is missing.

Hey that is where i am! I'm going to inch my way to the battle, although the option is there to get right to the meat and potatoes of it.

During my exploration of the 'flayn is missing' stuff... I managed to recruit Shamir!
Another mouth to feed I suppose =P

Hey are monsters a normal thing at a certain point in the game... as in, will i hit a brick wall with buffs / abilities / weapons etc etc if I don't spec for monster? The hero relic mission i spec'd for armor and deliberately desepec'd monster abilities for armor penetrating stuff.... that kinda got me mad. STILL WIPED HIM in one move. (because of equipping everyone with gambit's (like you said earlier (for the initial stat boosts)))

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Amazon's animated series Invincible started last Friday by releasing the first 3 episodes. I watched these 3 Wednesday night. If you're a fan of the more mature super hero series (like The Boys), I recommend this.

Probably starting Falcon and the Winter Soldier, or whatever it is called, tomorrow. Didn't watch WandaVision. CC @Honour Over Glory

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hey that is where i am! I'm going to inch my way to the battle, although the option is there to get right to the meat and potatoes of it.

During my exploration of the 'flayn is missing' stuff... I managed to recruit Shamir!
Another mouth to feed I suppose =P

Hey are monsters a normal thing at a certain point in the game... as in, will i hit a brick wall with buffs / abilities / weapons etc etc if I don't spec for monster? The hero relic mission i spec'd for armor and deliberately desepec'd monster abilities for armor penetrating stuff.... that kinda got me mad. STILL WIPED HIM in one move. (because of equipping everyone with gambit's (like you said earlier (for the initial stat boosts)))
Monsters are a part of it for sure. You'll want some of each I'd say.

I've had Shamir on my team but never really used her. I have pretty much stuck with the actual students.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Amazon's animated series Invincible started last Friday by releasing the first 3 episodes. I watched these 3 Wednesday night. If you're a fan of the more mature super hero series (like The Boys), I recommend this.

Probably starting Falcon and the Winter Soldier, or whatever it is called, tomorrow. Didn't watch WandaVision. CC @Honour Over Glory
WandaVision was up and down. It had some really cool parts, but overall I'd say it was just okay. Paul Bettany is for sure the highlight.

So far I think falcon and winter solider is better. It's not anything groundbreaking, but it is just solid buddy cop stuff that feels like it fits right into the MCU basically.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Made stop motion movies with the kiddo... once she saw how painstakingly difficult it was for only a few seconds of actual video she peaced out. haha... kind of expected, still got a cool few videos.

TODAY... I have to take the entire squad to the climbing gym. For me and the kid mostly... and to push wifey to have a little excitement in life... kiddo is like daddy and is a little monkey (and strooooong), she'll be fine, wifey... not bad at climbing but very lacking in strength on the holding on part.

So 60 dollars for everyone to climb for a few hours... kiddo will have a blast! I'm excited haha

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla @HandshakeLine

Do you get get more adjutants you can side-equip to your main byleth or just the one?

Now I have Shamir and Caspar I have to drag along with me... Caspar isn't bad he's just......... so low in attack ... it's hard for him to get kills unless i go out of my way to drop hp of the unit and then squeak caspar in to get the kill xp. I mostly do 6 man squad and 4man squad. I send the ponies in the infiltrate and smash through.... then move in the domination units (edelgard, me, petra, hubert, bernedetta with dorothea / lindhardt on healing backup support) then i keep the mobile infiltration units hanging around for stragglers or backdoor reinforcements and just clean house with them....

So sometimes it's tough to keep everyone equal level'd because they just dont see the same equal action.... can't 50/50 every xp point ya know?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

The first couple issues of the comic were cool. I’m no longer supporting Amazon so maybe I’ll steal it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
The first couple issues of the comic were cool. I’m no longer supporting Amazon so maybe I’ll steal it.

"Watch Cartoon Online" usually has things.

And yeah, I need to stop supporting them. It's coming up on almost a month since I bought something from Amazon.

The next purchases I need to make are for my nephew's birthday. I'll probably just go directly to the maker's websites and order from them.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
"Watch Cartoon Online" usually has things.

And yeah, I need to stop supporting them. It's coming up on almost a month since I bought something from Amazon.

The next purchases I need to make are for my nephew's birthday. I'll probably just go directly to the maker's websites and order from them.

Specifically not allowing unions to form at that level is an immediate no go for me.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
And the extremes they go to to accomplish this.

And the peeing in bottles and pooping in bags...

I can see where the whole “theology” or “mission statement” of completing work as fast as possible comes from and know personally how stupid management is in large corporations where this stuff could be excused as a manager pushing for numbers without looping in those above him.

The union stuff is an obvious message from the top to suppress worker rights.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla @HandshakeLine

Do you get get more adjutants you can side-equip to your main byleth or just the one?

Now I have Shamir and Caspar I have to drag along with me... Caspar isn't bad he's just......... so low in attack ... it's hard for him to get kills unless i go out of my way to drop hp of the unit and then squeak caspar in to get the kill xp. I mostly do 6 man squad and 4man squad. I send the ponies in the infiltrate and smash through.... then move in the domination units (edelgard, me, petra, hubert, bernedetta with dorothea / lindhardt on healing backup support) then i keep the mobile infiltration units hanging around for stragglers or backdoor reinforcements and just clean house with them....

So sometimes it's tough to keep everyone equal level'd because they just dont see the same equal action.... can't 50/50 every xp point ya know?
Yeah Caspar was a chore for me for a while. In the end Brawlers (and their higher classes) end up really good, but I think he's probably the worst of the characters who are guided to that role. Dedue on the blue team and one of the DLC characters are so much better than Caspar is, and Raphael is somewhere in between.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah Caspar was a chore for me for a while. In the end Brawlers (and their higher classes) end up really good, but I think he's probably the worst of the characters who are guided to that role. Dedue on the blue team and one of the DLC characters are so much better than Caspar is, and Raphael is somewhere in between.

Raphael is the way better tank, IMO. I think I made Casper an armor knight or something and never used him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig