OT: HFPens Community Lounge: A Pocket Full of Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla , @HandshakeLine @Big McLargehuge

Juuuuuuuust got all my players to level 10+ (most are now 15-16 and my fembyleth is 18 edelgard is 19 (so damn close but 19 to 20 ticks soooooooo slowly to reach 'advanced' classes (even now I think about it I dont have nor can I even buy advanced certification yet =/)

*Most my units were <10 with no intermediate class, so I had to park it on auxiliary battles and just pick two or three units (or 1, or 2 with a support caster/bow sniper behind for support) either sit on a heal tile and let them come to me or send one unit out of my group of 9, the latter is more difficult because they most often avoid who you want to level for the weakest link, which is why I have to sit some units when leveling....

I finally got actual 'classes' for most everyone, except caspar, sorry buddy ran out of intermediate seals (he will be brawler), but I mostly have him as my byleth's support, but they aren't actually there, what is that feature called... I forget.

Edelgard: Brigand with deathblow (way way way op =P)
Hubert: Mage (have dark seal, but choosing to master mage class before dark mage) (or saving dark seal)
Lund: Priest (guy's lvl12 and his magic is screaming strong, way stronger than Hubert (((for now)))
Dorothea: MAGE (WAT!) I used her for sword skills with a backup of some casting. Turns out I found out this was the wrong way when I deployed her and bernadette (archer) alone on a map to grind up some levels. Her sword attack numbers are LOW... LOW LOW LOW, but her casting crushes (which I knew, but she has such a low cast amount of thunder and thoro (watever the name) it's almost impossible to use her solely as a caster), but now I'm angling her to cast only since mage gives her fire now.
Bernadette: Archer. Like you said, tough to level up early, but super handy as she levels up, +1 range +close counter etc etc etc are must haves...
Petra: Thief (hmmm) kinda didn't know where to put my 'assassin with a heart' kinda deal unit... has tons of speed and I guess I need someone to be a thief.
Sylvian / Fredric: Cavalier. Finally have mounts.

Didn't mean to type so much it just kept on going...

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla , @HandshakeLine @Big McLargehuge

Juuuuuuuust got all my players to level 10+ (most are now 15-16 and my fembyleth is 18 edelgard is 19 (so damn close but 19 to 20 ticks soooooooo slowly to reach 'advanced' classes (even now I think about it I dont have nor can I even buy advanced certification yet =/)

*Most my units were <10 with no intermediate class, so I had to park it on auxiliary battles and just pick two or three units (or 1, or 2 with a support caster/bow sniper behind for support) either sit on a heal tile and let them come to me or send one unit out of my group of 9, the latter is more difficult because they most often avoid who you want to level for the weakest link, which is why I have to sit some units when leveling....

I finally got actual 'classes' for most everyone, except caspar, sorry buddy ran out of intermediate seals (he will be brawler), but I mostly have him as my byleth's support, but they aren't actually there, what is that feature called... I forget.

Edelgard: Brigand with deathblow (way way way op =P)
Hubert: Mage (have dark seal, but choosing to master mage class before dark mage) (or saving dark seal)
Lund: Priest (guy's lvl12 and his magic is screaming strong, way stronger than Hubert (((for now)))
Dorothea: MAGE (WAT!) I used her for sword skills with a backup of some casting. Turns out I found out this was the wrong way when I deployed her and bernadette (archer) alone on a map to grind up some levels. Her sword attack numbers are LOW... LOW LOW LOW, but her casting crushes (which I knew, but she has such a low cast amount of thunder and thoro (watever the name) it's almost impossible to use her solely as a caster), but now I'm angling her to cast only since mage gives her fire now.
Bernadette: Archer. Like you said, tough to level up early, but super handy as she levels up, +1 range +close counter etc etc etc are must haves...
Petra: Thief (hmmm) kinda didn't know where to put my 'assassin with a heart' kinda deal unit... has tons of speed and I guess I need someone to be a thief.
Sylvian / Fredric: Cavalier. Finally have mounts.

Didn't mean to type so much it just kept on going...
Getting Petra to Assassin is where she's great. I think I did merc instead of thief, but more crit/dodge and less str isn't the end of the world. Either way, swords seem to take longer to come on than the other melee weapon classes, but they are so damn good eventually.

Also, did you just call my boy Ferdinand Von Aegir "Fredric"? The lack of respect is unacceptable:laugh: But for real, dude may be the best non-house leader in the game. Get that guy a wyvern and let him fly. My first time through it was just a horse and he was still great. Sylvain is damn good too though. My second time through I used both on Wyverns and they were just silly.
@LOGiK, I think I ended up going Mage -> Monk (for healing) and then if the option comes, make Dorthea a Dancer.
yep she's a super good dancer once those are available.

Reactions: LOGiK

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Dancer is such a ridiculous class once you figure out how to use it.
I'm not sure I ever did honestly. The first time through mine was Dorothea and she was either just a mage or used dance. The second time was my 2nd healer, and she just used dance 95% of the time. But it was an easy way to add an underleveled character to the team. I don't think I've ever figured out if their sword ability is any good.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm not sure I ever did honestly. The first time through mine was Dorothea and she was either just a mage or used dance. The second time was my 2nd healer, and she just used dance 95% of the time. But it was an easy way to add an underleveled character to the team. I don't think I've ever figured out if their sword ability is any good.

It isn't really, the real fun is moving/teleporting a dancer into the middle of a bunch of mobile units who've already attacked/moved, and then using dance to recharge their movement/attack pools. Or let them recharge a sniper/mage to keep bombarding foes from a distance.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Getting Petra to Assassin is where she's great. I think I did merc instead of thief, but more crit/dodge and less str isn't the end of the world. Either way, swords seem to take longer to come on than the other melee weapon classes, but they are so damn good eventually.

Also, did you just call my boy Ferdinand Von Aegir "Fredric"? The lack of respect is unacceptable:laugh: But for real, dude may be the best non-house leader in the game. Get that guy a wyvern and let him fly. My first time through it was just a horse and he was still great. Sylvain is damn good too though. My second time through I used both on Wyverns and they were just silly.

yep she's a super good dancer once those are available.

Yeah I been prepping some as flyers before so when it came around I'd be close. Got them mounts now cause it was quick and easy.
I went thief because my main was a merc so I figured it'd be nice to have a thief until she gets to assassain.

Yeah fredric =P I get some names wrong or confused. They are sick on their mounts so far.

I'm on the mission to get the stolen hero relic back and I'm right at the pre-battle screen, no way around it. Got one advanced seal, but no the skill to get it yet.

Who do you usually adjuvate? Whatever that is called... deselect them from battle to accompany your main. I do caspar at times. Is there a perk to that outside of leveling them up with your main? Skill/ability/etc etc wise?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

In my game, like I said in that one post. I grinded dorothea alone with bernedette on a heal tile and she was about 10 with an iron sword + her magic / commoner class.

Her sword attacks straight up stink. Had to two-hit even three-hit everything to kill. She almost died on a heal tile, luckily I had 2 verniaries *sp* and bernie had a healing monk gambit to keep her in it. Grinded against lvl 7-9 thieves.

She's rough with a sword for me (C, C+ish at the time)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah I been prepping some as flyers before so when it came around I'd be close. Got them mounts now cause it was quick and easy.
I went thief because my main was a merc so I figured it'd be nice to have a thief until she gets to assassain.

Yeah fredric =P I get some names wrong or confused. They are sick on their mounts so far.

I'm on the mission to get the stolen hero relic back and I'm right at the pre-battle screen, no way around it. Got one advanced seal, but no the skill to get it yet.

Who do you usually adjuvate? Whatever that is called... deselect them from battle to accompany your main. I do caspar at times. Is there a perk to that outside of leveling them up with your main? Skill/ability/etc etc wise?
No it's mostly just a way to level guys who don't fit in the active party.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
In my game, like I said in that one post. I grinded dorothea alone with bernedette on a heal tile and she was about 10 with an iron sword + her magic / commoner class.

Her sword attacks straight up stink. Had to two-hit even three-hit everything to kill. She almost died on a heal tile, luckily I had 2 verniaries *sp* and bernie had a healing monk gambit to keep her in it. Grinded against lvl 7-9 thieves.

She's rough with a sword for me (C, C+ish at the time)
Yeah she was pure magic attack for me until she could dance. She murdered people.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
No it's mostly just a way to level guys who don't fit in the active party.

Yeah, although you can hyper level them too if you assign them to a well-leveled character with broken weapon and then have them attack heavily defended enemy over and over, because they'll get weapon experience even for missing/weak attacks IIRC.

Reactions: LOGiK and Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah, although you can hyper level them too if you assign them to a well-leveled character with broken weapon and then have them attack heavily defended enemy over and over, because they'll get weapon experience even for missing/weak attacks IIRC.
didn't know that. Though I also haven't ever felt a need to hyper level anyone. If you want to change up your party though, it makes sense.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
didn't know that. Though I also haven't ever felt a need to hyper level anyone. If you want to change up your party though, it makes sense.

I just like breaking RPGs. :laugh: Plus, I also really liked turning Lysithea into basically a Japanese pop culture version of Shiva, Destroyer of Worlds.

Edit: Actually, she was more like Kali-Ma, now that I think of it.

maa-kaali.jpg

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Yeah, I've done both. It's not really 'cheating' more along the lines of just grinding it out. Parking yourself on a heal/avo buff tile and taking on an entire enemy unit squad to level isn't dirty. You're still going through all the motions to get the exp pts. Just in a boring drool on your cheeks afterwards sort of way. *you really mash out the enemy if you level so fast*

ALERT!*!#)!@*)!@ I DID THE LANCE quest and I returned the lance.... I RETURNED THE LANCE!!!! Am I missing out on having a hero's relic in my convoy?

Speaking of which, I'll just say this out loud since you guys already played through it. There are MONSTERS! in the game? I know it said ability unlocked monster bane etc etc... but I thought it was mostly human based characters... and the lighter side of fantasy.. but it was crest mutation... so there is that too... im intrigued... I am very much enjoying the hell out of this game.

I have aaaaaaaaaaaaaa lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooootttttttttttt of story left to go too dont i? I'm only on chapter 1 haha.... looking for flayn now is my quest.

Hubert is an evil little bastard isn't he? Ever support level up seems to be him threatening everyone or scaring them.
I like him!!!!! haha

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
For the past couple years, this guy will cruise through the city around Easter weekend.

Attachments

• 167436796_1415494582138655_2866070007154933430_n.jpg
    167436796_1415494582138655_2866070007154933430_n.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 2

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
For the past couple years, this guy will cruise through the city around Easter weekend.
He should go with the babushka instead... that'd make him look like a stick-up bandito bunny =P

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Hair falls out on top as you get older and gets re-routed to some more annoying place somewhere on your body as you get older...
but I swear I just cut these damn things... do nails grow faster or wat? I just cut these things.

Eh.. anyway, I my kiddo was screwing around with the new dsi and you can make stop motion vid's on it, so I made her a quick funny one... now she wants me to make more and of course I'm over-thinking it. I want to make like a clay set in a big open box and actually make like a little shoe box kinda deal animation with her... on my vacation on a cold (semi snowy wtf) april 1st, mother natures cruel april fools joke... I have the next 7 days off from work. Sooooooo was thinking about buying a boat load of, I donno,, sculptors clay or something... play dough etc etc... and making that happen.

Should be good for the kid.... healthy inspiring play that doesnt involve electronic screens, except to take the shots of course... but thats minimal.

Anyone sculpt or do that kinda stuff?

Reactions: Big McLargehuge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: