OT: HFPens Community Lounge: A Pocket Full of Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
oh no, we've hit the playoffs and I don't know who anybody is :cry: :laugh:

There’s a book about that

40969415.jpg

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
if-the-fire-lord-couldnt-kill-the-avatar-whyd-you-43981188.png

Not technically anime I guess but I was reminded.

Related: I was 1.5 season into The Last Airbender before I realized Zuko was voiced by Rufio and afterwards, it's literally all I could hear.

You know who drives me out of my mind crazy???? Bryce Papenbrook.
If you like / watch anime or play video games .... odds are that this guy is a voice in it.

IE:
He's the main voice of Meliodus is 7deadsins.
He's the main voice of Sword Art.
I PLAYED FIRE EMBLEM:THREE HOUSES AAND GUESS WHAT>>>> POOOOOM HE VOICES CASPAR ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh(*#$)(#*$)(*#

And on and on and on and on and on and on and on.... every anime or game I watch / play I hear this bastard! Starting to hear him in my sleep~~~~~!!

Reactions: Deport Ogie

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Papenbrook is all over Danganronpa as well.

I admit, I could only get through 1 season of SAO but I did watch the dub. The Aincrad part was okay but then Alfheim and Sex Crimes the Elf (Todd Haberkorn, the same VA as Ling from FMAB) got to be a bit much.

Very glad I got to FINALLY watch ATLA and Korra last year.

CC @Peat

Man, ATLA is so freaking good and I am comfortable admitting that as a grown adult with children of my own.

Reactions: Peat and LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Papenbrook is all over Danganronpa as well.

I admit, I could only get through 1 season of SAO but I did watch the dub. The Aincrad part was okay but then Alfheim and Sex Crimes the Elf (Todd Haberkorn, the same VA as Ling from FMAB) got to be a bit much.

Man, ATLA is so freaking good and I am comfortable admitting that as a grown adult with children of my own.

Yeah I'm forced to watch the dubs because I have them on a lot in the background of me doing things... ya know? So it's one way for me to get through 8 or 9 watever seasons of Naruto 200+ episodes of that annoying little kid, "YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT~!!!" =P

SAO was GREAT... until that fairy land crap happened.... I like GAO much better... the 'agility stat' buff pink bunny p90 approach.

:woops: had to edit that post I responded inside your quotes.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I just had to get a manometry done, and dear lord that was the single worst f***ing thing I've ever had to do in my life. Jesus I thought I was going to puke during it and I was crying because of how bad it was.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, here you go:

Esophageal Manometry.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Huh. I thought I had a flight voucher from Southwest for ~$270 that I needed to spend by May 18th. Turns out I need to FLY by then to use the voucher. That's freaking stupid. Guess I'll take an impromptu flight/vacation this weekend?

I just had to get a manometry done, and dear lord that was the single worst f***ing thing I've ever had to do in my life. Jesus I thought I was going to puke during it and I was crying because of how bad it was.

Esophageal Manometry.

Better than finding out something too late! My friend/colleague was recently diagnosed with esophageal cancer...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Huh. I thought I had a flight voucher from Southwest for ~$270 that I needed to spend by May 18th. Turns out I need to FLY by then to use the voucher. That's freaking stupid. Guess I'll take an impromptu flight/vacation this weekend?

Better than finding out something too late! My friend/colleague was recently diagnosed with esophageal cancer...

It is encouraging because I have found out what's wrong with my stomach, I just have GERD. Not the end of the world and I'm getting surgery to treat it. I needed that manometry test to be able to determine if my esophageal pressure was high enough for a LINX device, which it was.

It was still absolutely hell, though. By far the worst medical procedure I've ever done.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Esophageal Manometry.

I've had that done before...not fun. Not fun at all. Glad it's merely GERD (obviously wish it was nothing, but GERD is manageable with OTC meds and slight dietary changes).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I've had that done before...not fun. Not fun at all. Glad it's merely GERD (obviously wish it was nothing, but GERD is manageable with OTC meds and slight dietary changes).

Yeah I've been dealing with it since like March of 2020. It's mostly just an annoyance right now, where I'll feel bloated randomly throughout the day, but it's nothing more serious than that. Really the only really annoying part is that I can't eat certain foods (pizza, ketchup, garlic and super greasy foods mostly), but it's mostly whatever. I'm hoping the LINX is able to fix that plus the bloating.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
It is encouraging because I have found out what's wrong with my stomach, I just have GERD. Not the end of the world and I'm getting surgery to treat it. I needed that manometry test to be able to determine if my esophageal pressure was high enough for a LINX device, which it was.

It was still absolutely hell, though. By far the worst medical procedure I've ever done.

High five GERD brother! Thankfully mine has been mostly manageable with a PPI and trying to eat better, has not yet reached the place where surgery is considered necessary. The biggest symptom I get is a high-pitched barking cough which, to be fair, is annoying as hell and sends my wife up a tree. I wouldn't be surprised if, at some future point, the manometry may be in my cards as well.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm so rattled mentally that I'm actually heading out for the day :laugh:

My stomach isn't bothered from the test itself, but my mental state is absolutely in ruins because of it. I couldn't focus at work at all because of it.

I can imagine. I've had some gnarly tests done before on my ear (thanks AGH for the tubes that didn't do anything!) but that sounds way more unpleasant than anything I've had to do.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Yeah I've been dealing with it since like March of 2020. It's mostly just an annoyance right now, where I'll feel bloated randomly throughout the day, but it's nothing more serious than that. Really the only really annoying part is that I can't eat certain foods (pizza, ketchup, garlic and super greasy foods mostly), but it's mostly whatever. I'm hoping the LINX is able to fix that plus the bloating.

My best advice would be to adopt a speed limit when eating. It'll help greatly with the gas and bloating. If I try to keep pace with a 'normal' eater, I inevitably just make myself sick.

GERD sucks, but it's manageable at least. Acidic and greasy foods are, sadly, your enemy now. You can afford to cheat on occasion unless your situation is really bad, at least. I still have pizza on occasion...I just have to do the napkin grease pat-down first unless I want to burp for the ensuing 3-4 hours.

I had no idea what a LINX device was until you mentioned it and now I'm actually jealous of you :laugh:. My esophagus was effectively surgically tied around itself to achieve the same result...an inelegant solution to an inelegant problem that caused as many problems as it fixed. 'Twas the only option on the table when I was 10 and spitting stomach acid like an annoyed camel, though...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Go vegan. It helped me a ton with my acid issues.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Esophageal Manometry.

Damn!!!! At least you got it done. I saw on the link this quote that I hope you mentioned to the doctor

“Before you have an esophageal manometry test, be sure to tell the doctor if you are pregnant”

I had a camera go down to my stomach once but I was out like a light. Whatever drugs the used, when I woke up I was like

tumblr_n2kphwIFhg1somw7ho4_250.gifv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad