OT: HFPens Community Lounge: A Pocket Full of Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The COVID thread was closed for a reason. We - the mods - will start up a new one when necessary. Thanks.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't remember which is which, but it sounds like you're pretty good. I loved the Zora and bird abilities just for more mobility.

Oh no no no nooooooooooo hahaha. I am not good at all. I died plenty.... Not there, mostly early in the game learning the mechanics, but now I have fairy's to res me upon last heart and the vah ruta skill, which i'm glad you brought that up because it reminds me, wat the heck is vah ruta skill once I die I'm rez'd full health etc, but but but don't fairy's do that anyway alone? Then what happens after I use vah ruta rez.... it has a x1 after it so i gather that means (obviously) one use.... how do i get more?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
OK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched out season 1 of yellowstone last night.

I gotta say ...... it really pisses me off at how cheesy that show is. Action, way over the top. Drama, all that happens is such bullshit. Murder... seriously.... murder everyone willy nilly whenever....

Like rip bringing the good looking stripper to the club house JUST AS SOON as main character dirty harry kid loses his wife.... I mean come onnnnn mannn....
That is just one example but it's repeated blows to anyone with a shred of thinking power....

It is hands down at it's best dealing with the family struggle and power struggle when it uses WORDS.... not kids falling in rivers out of nowhere, snakes showing up and kids single handidly killing it bare handed, stumbling upon a meth house as it explodes, stumbling upon a child rape /abduction already in progress, stumbling into a a drifter looking to mug you and only you at the gas station, but then 10 people around witness only you almost killing him.... UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhh it's so ridiculous.....

I give the first season a 6 out of 10.
No idea how it could get a 8.7 or watever. Maybe it's better in the next seasons... I really don't care to find out but I'll be dragged through the coals by the wifey.... damn. All while I could be watching the shield =P

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Went on my first run in a long time and snapped this at the end:

TbKA0T5.jpg

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Oh no no no nooooooooooo hahaha. I am not good at all. I died plenty.... Not there, mostly early in the game learning the mechanics, but now I have fairy's to res me upon last heart and the vah ruta skill, which i'm glad you brought that up because it reminds me, wat the heck is vah ruta skill once I die I'm rez'd full health etc, but but but don't fairy's do that anyway alone? Then what happens after I use vah ruta rez.... it has a x1 after it so i gather that means (obviously) one use.... how do i get more?
I missed "doing" before pretty good. You've done a decent bit of the main quests I meant.

I think the rez resets with time, but I honestly forget. And I don't remember the value in it vs fairies etc. I haven't played in a while. I actually had BotW for WiiU, not Switch. I should get it again, you're making me want to play again :laugh:

Reactions: LOGiK

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
It's a shame that my favorite beer styles are usually quite high in ABV. But, those four breweries treated me well.

And on to Star Wars news: perhaps the most brutal thing to ever happen in Star Wars occurred in yesterday's Bad Batch episode.

I'll likely be watching Castlevania tonight.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's a shame that my favorite beer styles are usually quite high in ABV. But, those four breweries treated me well.

And on to Star Wars news: perhaps the most brutal thing to ever happen in Star Wars occurred in yesterday's Bad Batch episode.

I haven't watched any of that yet but I need to catch up.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I missed "doing" before pretty good. You've done a decent bit of the main quests I meant.

I think the rez resets with time, but I honestly forget. And I don't remember the value in it vs fairies etc. I haven't played in a while. I actually had BotW for WiiU, not Switch. I should get it again, you're making me want to play again :laugh:

It's honestly not even that special to look at on Switch - as in, tons of pop ins and slowly to load textures and even slower chug-a-luggin during blasts / lots of action on screen.

It's not bad per say I'm just being honest. Not like it isn't one of the best games I've ever played... and the more I play it the farther my mouth sags to the floor.
I just can't believe how big this game is.

As in... I had to go to hatero village yesterday to (back track) do a quest I somehow missed.... I miss a few or just didnt understand or have the required gear / armor etc. ((( I still have yet to go to attack the LYNEL on top of the water city mountain))) and on my way to hatero I said hey the spring of wisdom i forgot about (or didnt feel like dealing with -2 cold level (as my warm tunic only allows -1 cold (so I had to cold buff food + gear = pain))) long story short ... holy hell I encountered a dragon Naydra or watever her name is all wrapped and coiled around the rocks on top..... Just some wild **** in this game~~~!!

The Champions powers in BOTW slowly recharge.

Hey, thanks!

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I watched the first episode and people were speaking around me making noise etc etc... so I turned it off until a time which it can be most enjoyed. The show has earned every bit of its awesome.
You check LD+R vol2 yet?

I haven't watched any of that yet but I need to catch up.

You've saw..... nothing???? You've not watched any of Castlevania???!

My favorite is Lenore... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <3

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Nope, I haven't seen any Castlevania. Or any Bad Batch.

Bad Batch that movie with the lunatic jim carey and that hot skinny blonde where she gets her leg cut off in the beginning of the film?

That was defo a odd movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad