OT: HFPens Community Lounge: A Pocket Full of Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Annnnnd off I go... I think I'm chapter 3/4 of Zelda:BOTW departing Hateno (sp?) where I got the camera unlocked etc and have to go back to that Ilma (name?) in..... Kakariko village (name?)... got my butt whooped venturing into the mountains east of Hateno to find the 3 single trees on mountain peaks shrine quest.... but found the shrine... and it's level 2 cold didn't help only having lvl 1 cold gear.

How long til I get a sword that doesnt break mid fight? Jeeeeeeez
weapons breaking is something that doesn't really go away. Best you get is a sword that repairs itself over time. You'll want to find the guy that unlocks more item slots for korok dude's for sure.

Reactions: LOGiK

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
The guardian swords are absolutely bad ass. Towards the middle of the game I just hoarded them from the shrines and they served me very well in addition to the fire, lightning, and ice blade rewards. For the first few chapters you just have to be a scavenger and take whatever you can from dead enemies or random treasure chests

Reactions: Ogrezilla and LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
weapons breaking is something that doesn't really go away. Best you get is a sword that repairs itself over time. You'll want to find the guy that unlocks more item slots for korok dude's for sure.
The guardian swords are absolutely bad ass. Towards the middle of the game I just hoarded them from the shrines and they served me very well in addition to the fire, lightning, and ice blade rewards. For the first few chapters you just have to be a scavenger and take whatever you can from dead enemies or random treasure chests

You aren't kidding about the guardian (+ and ++) weapons.

I mistankingly went into a shrine not knowing i'd have to use almost all my meals, shields, and weapons taking down a mech beast, I think the III and IV models.... only to be rewarded with a 60!!! guardian++ axe and 40 guardian sword+... I think a 40 or 30 guardian shield as well.

Somewheres came along a fire blade at 24 too... just upgraded clothing at fairy fountain...

It's funny I thought I was kinda bad ass for a bit til I hit that guardian (and a snow creature treasure hunting) and they break my minds eye 16(i think) rated shield in 1 hit haha.... maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
You aren't kidding about the guardian (+ and ++) weapons.

I mistankingly went into a shrine not knowing i'd have to use almost all my meals, shields, and weapons taking down a mech beast, I think the III and IV models.... only to be rewarded with a 60!!! guardian++ axe and 40 guardian sword+... I think a 40 or 30 guardian shield as well.

Somewheres came along a fire blade at 24 too... just upgraded clothing at fairy fountain...

It's funny I thought I was kinda bad ass for a bit til I hit that guardian (and a snow creature treasure hunting) and they break my minds eye 16(i think) rated shield in 1 hit haha.... maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

I know exactly what you mean! The swords, axes, and shields all go to ++ I believe. Some of the shrine battles will take you like 20-25 minutes but the rewards are excellent. Towards the end of my game over half of my inventory was guardian related, including clothing. Keep at it and enjoy the ride! This was my favorite game of the past decade.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Bud, you're the one who insisted on going outside :laugh:
20210508_024608.jpg

ETA: He had a coat for this excursion.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The only reason I haven't deleted my facebook account is because of messenger. But luckily you can just go on messenger without using facebook, so that's good. I've deleted all social media outside of reddit (which I mostly just lurk on at this point) and LinkedIn :laugh:

I've been trying to think of what vacation I want to take now that I have my COVID vaccine, but it feels just strange because I'm thoroughly meh on the idea of traveling right now. I'll probably do DC over the 4th of July weekend, since all of the Smithsonian Museums will be open, hotels are cheap (4 star hotels in Arlington are as cheap as $75 a night) and the Nationals have a home series that weekend. But looking at other trip ideas just makes me feel underwhelmed.

The only reason I keep Facebook is because it's literally the only way to keep in touch with my long distance relatives and friends who've moved outside of this city. I don't actually post anything new of my own, but my family/friends and I will exchange messages through PM's.

Reactions: Gallatin

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Akira aged incredibly well. Ghost in the Shell... did not in some ways, but I still love it to pieces. Those were two of my formative teenage memories.

And where is the Ninja Scrolls of the trifecta list of perfect japanime movies from the days past when..

Ninja Scrolls, I'm not going to lie... the sexism stuff didnt age well... and I dont consider myself a softie either, but I remember saying a few weeks ago when watching it, 'ooooh boy... yeah that doesnt sound so good today. OOOOH and again and again!!... yeah... things really changed' hahah...

Still a kickass movie....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Tom Hanks
"
gonna have to start all over tomorrow lol
Tom Hanks, Yesterday at 3:39 PMReportBookmark201Unlike
"

I'm not feeling well so I broke the fast around 2? So.......... 18? Yeah, ish, I suppose. Well, heh... actually if you consider the milk in the coffee breaking the fast then a measly 12 hours normal night sleep fast =P

But, I don't feel well, not sick just run down... I wanted to detox and fast saturday and then pack in the mignon and veggie greens sunday for the workout during the week... but now I feel so rundown everything is off and I may even call out from the job because it's a floaty lethargic exhausted feeling.... work can kiss my arse honestly... I'm done pushing through if I don't feel well.

Not sure how I got on that, but yeah the fasting... I really didnt think of liquids... that crept on me the milk. DAMN I did not really consider it outside of food. I mostly focused on avoiding food, but now that @nubsy and you and others mentioned.... a bit more to it =P

I planned this wednesday too to fast a day on the weekend and do it monthly... but then friday came and I felt just awful, still do. Do you fast or anything or nah?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I like learning about the film and any Easter Eggs after I've watched it:

Some reason it makes me wonder how they never did a live action Akira, but that may be for the better.

Then that makes me wonder what happened to the live action Cowboy Bebop with Keanu Reeves as...Spike.. maybe that is for the better as well =P

ADD:

On October 25, 2014, series director Watanabe was asked about the live-action film at the MCM London Comicon. He stated: "I'm afraid I don't know what they're thinking in Hollywood. Apparently the project hasn't come to a stop but I don't know how it's going to progress from here on. I hear that there are a lot of 'Hollywood' problems."[85]

So yeah... zero surprise.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
@Tom Hanks
"
gonna have to start all over tomorrow lol
Tom Hanks, Yesterday at 3:39 PMReportBookmark201Unlike
"

I'm not feeling well so I broke the fast around 2? So.......... 18? Yeah, ish, I suppose. Well, heh... actually if you consider the milk in the coffee breaking the fast then a measly 12 hours normal night sleep fast =P

But, I don't feel well, not sick just run down... I wanted to detox and fast saturday and then pack in the mignon and veggie greens sunday for the workout during the week... but now I feel so rundown everything is off and I may even call out from the job because it's a floaty lethargic exhausted feeling.... work can kiss my arse honestly... I'm done pushing through if I don't feel well.

Not sure how I got on that, but yeah the fasting... I really didnt think of liquids... that crept on me the milk. DAMN I did not really consider it outside of food. I mostly focused on avoiding food, but now that @nubsy and you and others mentioned.... a bit more to it =P

I planned this wednesday too to fast a day on the weekend and do it monthly... but then friday came and I felt just awful, still do. Do you fast or anything or nah?

Detox is literally what the kidneys and liver do all day. If you want to feel better just eat healthy (fruit, vegetables, protein, complex carbs)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Detox is literally what the kidneys and liver do all day. If you want to feel better just eat healthy (fruit, vegetables, protein, complex carbs)

Yeah that is what I told wifey last night... I said it's just a purge basically.... just empty everything out of my stomach.

Defo didn't do it to feel 'better' per say... just... just... I donno.... Just wanted to empty the tank and start with good solid veggies and beautiful mignon.

What I said literally was something like, 'it's not like i'm getting a transfusion or something.... everything is still in me that will be... just want to empty out and kinda clean it up'...

add:

Yeah tommy... I don't eat fast food etc etc... I can't even call that trash food. Rarely if ever even eat food not cooked at home. Worst thing I eat is pizza and I do that consistently =P

Just spent 90 dollars yesterday loading up on food for our garden. Can NOT WAIT to mow down on that stuff come harvest time!

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
The only reason I keep Facebook is because it's literally the only way to keep in touch with my long distance relatives and friends who've moved outside of this city. I don't actually post anything new of my own, but my family/friends and I will exchange messages through PM's.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. So done with Facebook, but....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm in the same boat as you guys. So done with Facebook, but....

Deleted my facebook months ago and only used it to talk to family when I was oversea's in the military. Never posted to it once.

Downloaded my 'friends list' and good riddance...

Just download 'Signal' for privacy and have your friends family also download that... safe and private way to keep in touch without having your entire life/data/web/searches information bought and sold daily.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Some reason it makes me wonder how they never did a live action Akira, but that may be for the better.

Then that makes me wonder what happened to the live action Cowboy Bebop with Keanu Reeves as...Spike.. maybe that is for the better as well =P

ADD:

On October 25, 2014, series director Watanabe was asked about the live-action film at the MCM London Comicon. He stated: "I'm afraid I don't know what they're thinking in Hollywood. Apparently the project hasn't come to a stop but I don't know how it's going to progress from here on. I hear that there are a lot of 'Hollywood' problems."[85]

So yeah... zero surprise.

Cowboy Bebop is getting a live action Netflix series that I think just finished up filming.

A live action Akira movie is apparently being headed up by Taika Waititi.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Cowboy Bebop is getting a live action Netflix series that I think just finished up filming.

A live action Akira movie is apparently being headed up by Taika Waititi.

See... I'm not sure your take on this, but, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Just revive them as anime.... then there is no limit of how faithful they can be to the source material. Not sure WHY they have to turn them into live-action. It rarely works out.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Treated myself and picked up a used 2DS. Idk how much we're allowed to talk about modifying systems but I'm pumped to put homebrew on this bad boy.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
watched new mortal kombat movie last night with wifey, she loved it and i was into it as well....

Great action with no stupid back story / plotline forcing ridiculous stuff happen.... plain and simple revenge story with good action.

On the watchable / entertainment film level 8.5 (out of 10)
Not bad by any means. HEAPS BETTER than godzilla-vs-kong..... HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAPS BETTER!~

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Just revive them as anime.... then there is no limit of how faithful they can be to the source material. Not sure WHY they have to turn them into live-action. It rarely works out.

if-the-fire-lord-couldnt-kill-the-avatar-whyd-you-43981188.png

Not technically anime I guess but I was reminded.

Related: I was 1.5 season into The Last Airbender before I realized Zuko was voiced by Rufio and afterwards, it's literally all I could hear.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
I still kinda want a 3DS since I never had one but man the used prices on those are stupid.

This is the reason it took me so long to find a 2DS. Maybe it's due to the pandemic, but the vast majority of 3DS's and New 3DS/2DS I've found online are being sold for higher than their original retail. I paid $80 for a Green 2DS that was used for roughly 20 hours. I've found Swappa pretty useful for the past couple of years, maybe there's a chance they ship to Europe, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad