• Asia

• Africa

• Australia

Results are only viewable after voting.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Born in Stockholm, Sweden in July 1963
Father was born in Stockholm, Sweden (Swedish/Norwegian, Native American). Mother born in Dresden, Germany (Very mixed heritage, all over Europe basically).
Raised in NYC, New Jersey and Chicago
Graduated High School in Tumba, Sweden
Graduate studies in Stockholm and Gothenburg
Then + in between = military training in Karlstad, Sweden (obligatory then)
Thereafter working/living in a plethora of different Fields (mostly management) and places Which include:
All over Sweden, Florida, NYC, Maine, New Brunswick, Danmark, France, Germany, Indonesia, Norway, Iceland, (also spent One year on the road as a quality manager and inspector of a 5 star luxury hotel Chain in 30 countries on 6 continents!), Poland.
Now: Poland

’HM
3 children (all adorable girls, 37 y.o. + 23 y.o. + 4 y.o.) with 3 different Moms.
A brother that played professional hockey.

Did Langley get all of this?

Last edited:

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Gonna have to cross derogatory New Jersey based humor off my go to list of jokes from now on. Maybe brainstorm some Southern Europe jokes.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Gonna have to cross derogatory New Jersey based humor off my go to list of jokes from now on. Maybe brainstorm some Southern Europe jokes.
I googled some Bosnia and Herzegovina jokes for you.

A man from Bosnia and a man from Japan were talking about priorities in life. The man from Japan said: For me, Japan is first, then my job, and then comes the family. The person from Bosnia said: For me, it is the opposite, first comes my family, then my job, and then comes Japan.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I googled some Bosnia and Herzegovina jokes for you.

A man from Bosnia and a man from Japan were talking about priorities in life. The man from Japan said: For me, Japan is first, then my job, and then comes the family. The person from Bosnia said: For me, it is the opposite, first comes my family, then my job, and then comes Japan.

Resorting to google for jokes in the midst of a heated Boardies battle for funniest poster is nothing less than what I've come to expect from you.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Resorting to google for jokes in the midst of a heated Boardies battle for funniest poster is nothing less than what I've come to expect from you.
@Thirty One

iu

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Born & raised in Queens, coming of age when the Islanders were running roughshod over us.
Moved to Manhattan in 2002....left for the west coast in 07, spent the past 10 years in Vegas, & as of 2 weeks ago back on the east coast in Connecticut. Being back east has my head spinning & unsure if it was the right move, but time will tell. The humidity & the bugs aren't helping, although the pizza is certainly making it's case.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Moab is our favorite camping spot. There's a brewery down there right on main. Give Dead Horse Amber a shot.

Was there last summer at this time...that Amber is a winner.

Antica Forma in Moab is a great Italian restaurant.

Takes a brave man to try an Italian joint smack dab in the middle of nowhere, Mormon country. Bravo. I usually stick to the grass fed beef or Mexican in such situations.

Reactions: Number 9

dapowl

kaapo kakko.
Aug 22, 2017
Dresden
Born in Stockholm, Sweden in July 1963
Father was born in Stockholm, Sweden (Swedish/Norwegian, Native American). Mother born in Dresden, Germany (Very mixed heritage, all over Europe basically).
Raised in NYC, New Jersey and Chicago
Graduated High School in Tumba, Sweden
Graduate studies in Stockholm and Gothenburg
Then + in between = military training in Karlstad, Sweden (obligatory then)
Thereafter working/living in a plethora of different Fields (mostly management) and places Which include:
All over Sweden, Florida, NYC, Maine, New Brunswick, Danmark, France, Germany, Indonesia, Norway, Iceland, (also spent One year on the road as a quality manager and inspector of a 5 star luxury hotel Chain in 30 countries on 6 continents!), Poland.
Now: Poland

’HM
3 children (all adorable girls, 37 y.o. + 23 y.o. + 4 y.o.) with 3 different Moms.
A brother that played professional hockey.

Did Langley get all of this?

Dresden!!

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

I'm done with the cheap jokes we've been making about New Jersey. They are shallow and predictable and its time for some new material.

Here is my impression of Bosnians: "Ohhhhhhh! Where's da freakin' gabagool? Da Yanks are about to start and I haven't properly stained my undershirt. Ohhhhhhh!"

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Born & raised in Queens, coming of age when the Islanders were running roughshod over us.
Moved to Manhattan in 2002....left for the west coast in 07, spent the past 10 years in Vegas, & as of 2 weeks ago back on the east coast in Connecticut. Being back east has my head spinning & unsure if it was the right move, but time will tell. The humidity & the bugs aren't helping, although the pizza is certainly making it's case.

Oh snap, didn't realize you moved back east.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

I'm firmly in the "fall in the Northeast is the best season" camp. So you're coming up on some good times.

There's some great breweries in CT. Two Roads and Fox Farm Brewery are a couple of my favorites. I usually hit up VT in the fall too. Wife and kid love the foliage. I love the beers. Everyone wins.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I'm firmly in the "fall in the Northeast is the best season" camp. So you're coming up on some good times.

There's some great breweries in CT. Two Roads and Fox Farm Brewery are a couple of my favorites. I usually hit up VT in the fall too. Wife and kid love the foliage. I love the beers. Everyone wins.

Hill Farmstead Brewery... :nod:

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

Hill Farmstead Brewery... :nod:

Vegas doesn't have spring or fall, just hot or hotter, so I really won't miss that at all. Autumn is my favorite season by far & it also means Sam's Octoberfest. Usually it's out by now, so I'm champing at the bit.

Last Saturday I had a Naughty Nurse amber from City Steam (Hartford) at Rosemont Apizza in Derby...outstanding pizza, great beer. Today it was the Sea Hag IPA from New England Brewing. Was in the Hamptons for a week as soon as I got back & had a couple of good IPAs from Montauk Brewing. Also bought a variety pack from Saranac Brewery which included a great Pale Ale, an IPA, and some dark Ale that was extremely unique. All highly recommended.

It's been about 3-4 solid weeks of beer drinking since I left Vegas, so now I need a bit of a break....although I turn 50 this Friday, so that break will need to wait another week...Sigh. LOL.

One of the highlights on the drive cross country...my GF & I stumbled upon Obed & Isaac's Microbrewery in Peoria, IL. The owners bought a mid 18th century gothic church & converted it into a brew pub. One of the most unique venues I've come across. The head brewmeister & his assistant sat with us for an hour or so & explained the history of the building & the brewery. Great people & great beer.

Last edited:

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah I really need to come up with a new avatar. Maybe a Rangers/Wolfpack version since I'm in Whalers territory now.

Being in the desert in Vegas, in the relatively open spaces, and back east, with the density, are just so vastly different, though I'm sure you know that.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Being in the desert in Vegas, in the relatively open spaces, and back east, with the density, are just so vastly different, though I'm sure you know that.

It's a total mind f*** for sure, but Vegas population these days is pretty dense actually...HUGE influx from California. (you can say that about any western state at this point). Once you leave the city limits, the expanse of the desert always amazes.

The main things that really stand out are the widths (& conditions) of the roads, plus the scenery. Out there most of the hillsides & the plant life is so brown & dried out, while everything here is so green & lush.

And I could really use a lot less humidity...I constantly feel like I need a shower & a change of clothes. Although my sinuses are thankful for the change.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
It's a total mind f*** for sure, but Vegas population these days is pretty dense actually...HUGE influx from California. (you can say that about any western state at this point). Once you leave the city limits, the expanse of the desert always amazes.

The main things that really stand out are the widths (& conditions) of the roads, plus the scenery. Out there most of the hillsides & the plant life is so brown & dried out, while everything here is so green & lush.

And I could really use a lot less humidity...I constantly feel like I need a shower & a change of clothes. Although my sinuses are thankful for the change.
For a period of 5 years, I went to Vegas every year for work. It takes me 2 seconds to recognize Vegas freeways on TV lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad