• Latin America

• Asia

• Africa

• Australia

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I live in Maryland, which is the Mid-Atlantic. By the choices provided, it would be the South.

On a whole, Maryland is culturally and geopolitically much closer to the Northeast. We're the third or fourth bluest state in the country.

Western MD is Appalachia. Southern MD is definitely southern. The Eastern Shore is unique. Then there are the counties right around DC, and Baltimore. Northern Virginia is similar. I live 2 minutes and a quick trip over the bridge away from Loudoun County, VA.
Me and my friends used to visit MD once a year( a punk fest in Baltimore) anyways one friend would always say it’s the south bc it’s below the mason dixon line so technically he’s correct. It was always funny this discussion bc the Baltimore native living in nyc would always argue it wasn’t. Good times.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Me and my friends used to visit MD once a year( a punk fest in Baltimore) anyways one friend would always say it’s the south bc it’s below the mason dixon line so technically he’s correct. It was always funny this discussion bc the Baltimore native living in nyc would always argue it wasn’t. Good times.
Insubordination Fest or something different? I grew up a little punker and still claim to be one even though I'm totally not punk anymore. :laugh:

Yeah the Mason-Dixon Line thing was always a point of contention for people native to here. Again given the politics of the state, a lot of people HATE being associated with the south, and honestly the population centers of Maryland share nothing in common with it. Even large portions of Virginia, which most definitely is the South, don't really "feel" like it. Particularly what's happened in NoVa over the past few decades. It's all a giant mixing bowl filled with wealthy yuppies.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Cmox

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Insubordination Fest or something different? I grew up a little punker and still claim to be one even though I'm totally not punk anymore. :laugh:

Yeah the Mason-Dixon Line thing was always a point of contention for people native to here. Again given the politics of the state, a lot of people HATE being associated with the south, and honestly the population centers of Maryland share nothing in common with it. Even large portions of Virginia, which most definitely is the South, don't really "feel" like it. Particularly what's happened in NoVa over the past few decades. It's all a giant mixing bowl filled with wealthy yuppies.
Yup, the real South starts somewhere between Fairfax and Richmond and beyond Leesburg to the West

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods

Haha, yeah he’d get really annoyed at the notion. I’m happy he stayed true to his MD ways. We always got a kick out of it.

Yeah, insub fest. They’re bringing it back next spring apparently. I mean last I looked the updates. Hope ya went, you’ve almost certainly seen my friends bands if ya did. My band played one year ( not bragging, nothing to brag about lol. Insub wasn’t really big and it got made fun of by the cool punks)

Reactions: nyr2k2

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Jersey City here! Lots of Rangers hats and gear worn around the area by neighbors. I do see some Devils jerseys by the PATH station sometimes. I can hop a PATH train to both MSG and the Rock quite easily. Can even have a few beers because I don’t drive.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Born and raised in Rockland County. Lived in Manhattan for ten years after college. Just bailed for Westchester County.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
lol, never met a half Mormon! You would be surprised how good the beer is out here considering how frowned upon it is.

Isn't there a state limit on the ABV they can brew though? I went to a few breweries while camping the National Parks and I think everything they served was either 5 or 6%. I want an 11% stout dammit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad