• Asia

• Africa

• Australia

Results are only viewable after voting.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
As someone with an interest in eventually moving to Australia, but is deathly afraid of large spiders, what is a man to do
71Cex6VlD5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Shred-er_Launch_carousel_v4_1200x700.jpg

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Really? I don't think they are that bad at all. I think it gets way overblown, especially near Atlanta. South Georgia on the other hand... that is where it starts to get hot.

Vegas summers are god awful, & I don't wish them on anyone...it's literally walking outside into a sauna from the end of April until at least mid October. However the humidity of the south is unbearable, especially for someone like me who hasn't dealt with more than 7-9% on average for over a decade.

Hell the humidity here in the Northeast has been so brutal since I got here in mid July, it has me seriously rethinking my decision to move back. I've felt like Patrick Ewing in the 4th Qtr...constantly changing shirts & feeling like I need another shower.

BTW I take full responsibility for the two hurricanes in the past two weeks, awful summer weather seems to follow me around like Charlie Brown.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Vegas summers are god awful, & I don't wish them on anyone...it's literally walking outside into a sauna from the end of April until at least mid October. However the humidity of the south is unbearable, especially for someone like me who hasn't dealt with more than 7-9% on average for over a decade.

Hell the humidity here in the Northeast has been so brutal since I got here in mid July, it has me seriously rethinking my decision to move back. I've felt like Patrick Ewing in the 4th Qtr...constantly changing shirts & feeling like I need another shower.

BTW I take full responsibility for the two hurricanes in the past two weeks, awful summer weather seems to follow me around like Charlie Brown.
Vancouver summers are way worse!
Lol we were the hottest city in North America for large parts of the summer (and a loooot more humid than Vegas) but nobody here has AC! It’s unbearable

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Vancouver summers are way worse!
Lol we were the hottest city in North America for large parts of the summer (and a loooot more humid than Vegas) but nobody here has AC! It’s unbearable

Let's go to "Things I Disagree With" for $1000, Alex.

Today is 65 in Vancouver & 97 in Vegas. It's going to be 107 on Tuesday in Vegas...75 in Van. It might be more humid, but a Vegas summer is twice as long as the ones in the PNW.

I will say that the entire west coast is hotter than most people realize. Places like SLC, Portland, Boise, & even Denver reach 100 pretty regularly. The big difference is their summers aren't as long.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Today is 65 in Vancouver & 97 in Vegas. It's going to be 107 on Tuesday in Vegas...75 in Van. It might be more humid, but a Vegas summer is twice as long as the ones in the PNW.

I will say that the entire west coast is hotter than most people realize. Places like SLC, Portland, Boise, & even Denver reach 100 pretty regularly. The big difference is their summers aren't as long.
It’s cool now but when we had that crazy heat wave it reached over 121F here this summer. The Pacific Northwest had the worst heatwave in North America this year. And nobody has AC. Absolute insanity!

Even just 90 which is is regularly over in the summer is unbearable when there’s no AC anywhere. Mostly everybody in the US has AC, Vegas is a really dry heat too. I was there when it was around 110-115 and it was way more comfortable than 90 here

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT

Salt Lake is never that bad, 100 doesn't feel like the 100 in NY. Dry heat makes the difference. I think you are right about Portland and Boise.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Salt Lake is never that bad, 100 doesn't feel like the 100 in NY. Dry heat makes the difference. I think you are right about Portland and Boise.

MY GF is based in SLC where it reaches high 90s pretty regularly there & hits 100 a handful of times every summer. I know this because I would visit her to escape the Vegas heat, but I always seemed to bring 100 degree temps with me. Hell, it's gonna be in the lower to mid 90s this upcoming monday-thursday & we're already in the first week of Sept.

One Summer I helped a buddy move to Eugene OR & it was 104 every day I was there. At this point I'm resigned the fact that I'm just a bad weather jinx.

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
It’s cool now but when we had that crazy heat wave it reached over 121F here this summer. The Pacific Northwest had the worst heatwave in North America this year. And nobody has AC. Absolute insanity!

Even just 90 which is is regularly over in the summer is unbearable when there’s no AC anywhere. Mostly everybody in the US has AC, Vegas is a really dry heat too. I was there when it was around 110-115 and it was way more comfortable than 90 here

I never understood the no A/C thing. Just go buy an A/C...hell amazon delivers them next day. I'd cut a hole in my wall if I didn't have a window to fit one.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I never understood the no A/C thing. Just go buy an A/C...hell amazon delivers them next day. I'd cut a hole in my wall if I didn't have a window to fit one.
Next day delivery isn’t as common in Canada, especially not for an AC lol. The entire province was sold out of them this summer. In BC it’s almost a virtue signal of sorts (environmentally friendly) to put up resistance against using AC. If you mention being interested in one people will scoff. Our weather is certainly not cold enough where they aren’t needed though.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
As someone with an interest in eventually moving to Australia, but is deathly afraid of large spiders, what is a man to do

We have some bloody huge spiders here. And most of the deadliest snakes too. In fact there’s very few things that won’t bite, sting or kill you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad