HFJets STH renewal 2019

For those STH up for renewal this year, are you, or is your group renewing?

• Total voters

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Pretty much all the same benefits of being a season ticket holder plus u get a bobblehead and Moose tickets! Only thing missing is access to special playoff ticket prices

Game Packs

damaaster

Dec 29, 2009
WINNIPEG
Pretty much all the same benefits of being a season ticket holder plus u get a bobblehead and Moose tickets! Only thing missing is access to special playoff ticket prices

Game Packs
Am I reading this right? Looks like they make you buy preseason tickets in these packs?

"Winnipeg Jets Game Packs are 4, 5 and 6 game seat packs consisting of Pre-Season and Regular Season Winnipeg Jets Home Games for the 2019 - 20 Season. Each Pack provides you with the same seat for every game in your selected package!"

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Am I reading this right? Looks like they make you buy preseason tickets in these packs?

"Winnipeg Jets Game Packs are 4, 5 and 6 game seat packs consisting of Pre-Season and Regular Season Winnipeg Jets Home Games for the 2019 - 20 Season. Each Pack provides you with the same seat for every game in your selected package!"
Yes. They sold these last year too. It's a terrible deal. It's not STH prices...I think it's face value but no TM fees:

cut.jpg

Loge: $236.75 per seat
P2: $222.75
P3: $183.75
P4: $155.75
P5: $126.75
P6: $107.75
P7: $78.75

They don't get cheaper if you buy a 6 game vs. a 4 game. Like a dollar. The 5 game packs actually cost a little more per game. :laugh:

And keep in mind, one out of each pack is for a preseason game. So they're 1+3, 1+4 and 1+5 game packs

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Yes. They sold these last year too. It's a terrible deal. It's not STH prices...I think it's face value but no TM fees:

cut.jpg

They don't get cheaper if you buy a 6 game vs. a 4 game. Like a dollar. The 5 game packs actually cost a little more per game. :laugh:

And keep in mind, one out of each pack is for a preseason game. So they're 1+3, 1+4 and 1+5 game packs

Alright, so maybe not a good deal then :)

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

cut.jpg

There's a sucker born every minute. And no bigger ones than those that bought into the fear mongering about the Jets heading for greener pastures should we fail to sellout the arena. Can't wait for the day we start seeing great swaths of empty seats. Mr Chipman, this is your fan o'clock wake up call.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
There's a sucker born every minute. And no bigger ones than those that bought into the fear mongering about the Jets heading for greener pastures should we fail to sellout the arena. Can't wait for the day we start seeing great swaths of empty seats. Mr Chipman, this is your fan o'clock wake up call.
I don't long for swaths of empty seats...but they need to stop taking their fans for granted.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I don't long for swaths of empty seats...but they need to stop taking their fans for granted.

Yeah, my gripes are minor but the stuff in the "only electronic entry" email make me cringe. It's a very political email in telling us how it is and we have to believe it. Well, no, I don't accept it and I'm not naive enough to believe there haven't been issues with electronic transfer because I've experienced them last season. Also the notion this does anything to limit scalping is ridiculous. I only used electronic entry for the playoffs but I used screenshots of the tickets just to see if they'd actually check or not work and they worked just fine. Plus I've got a retired guy that doesn't want to pay for a smart phone.

I've offered to pay for printed tickets (which is crap, but hey, let's help the poor team out here) and they say nobody is offering that. Bzzt. Vancouver Canucks do - my brother-in-law is a season ticket holder and they pay to get printed tickets just like in the old days.

Customer service, or rather the distinct lack thereof, is going to bite them in the azz at some point. I'm ecstatic with my seat relocation and then that email reminded me quite rapidly of the frustrations that are TNSE's policies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

cut.jpg

I did this one year as a treat for the kids -- there were no preseason games, since all the games were January - March. Price was reasonable, and the Moose game was a nice add. But before the first game I got a call from the rep offering to upgrade our seats because some P6s had become available.

What he didn't tell us was that there was a 270+ price difference -- and by the time that became clear our old seats were gone. Now we buy spillover from STH friends. It's an even worse deal with the pre-season games factored in.

Reactions: Gm0ney

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
If this is true that they are actually forcing us to buy a pre season ticket as part of the package for 4, 5, and 6 game packs, pardon my French, but who the hell is going to buy this? Absolutely ridiculous. You have a 25%, a 20%, and a 15% markup on top of selling these tickets for walk up cost? The pre season ticket might be sold to your friend for maybe $20. You know what? I am so rich, I will give it away. Whoever came up with this great idea should be fired.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
RE: "I shouldn't have to pay for the pre-season games as an STH"
(The prices I used are based on the 2018-19 loge prices our group paid, since I did this math last summer)

So, the Season Ticket Total TN charged me per seat was 6417.00$
There were a total of 45 home games that season (including pre-season).
Making the Season Ticket Price per ticket: 142.60$

The "Face Value" broke down as follows that year:
QtyFace ValueSub Totals
A+ Games4242.50$970.00$
A Games19221.00$4199.00$
B Games11206.75$2274.25$
C Games7185.50$1298.50$
Pre-Season Games4164.00$656.00$
Total Face Value459397.75$
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So, the total savings buying this seat at the STH price compared to Face Value is 2989.75, a 32% savings!

Allow me to break your paradigm... What if I told you ,if you do the math right, you aren't paying for the pre-season games as a STH! WHAT?!

Let's say the Pre-Season game have 0$ value!

Of course, TN won't charge me less for the Season Tickets so, per seat it's still 6417.00$
There are now only total of 41 home games that season (removing pre-season this time, because they're "free").
This then makes the Season Ticket Price per ticket: 156.51$ (you see where I'm going with this...)

The "Face Value" now breaks down as follows:
QtyFace ValueSub Totals
A+ Games4242.50$970.00$
A Games19221.00$4199.00$
B Games11206.75$2274.25$
C Games7185.50$1298.50$
Pre-Season Gamesn/a0.00$0.00$
Total Face Value418741.75$
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The total savings buying this seat at the STH price compared to Face Value, with "FREE" pre-season games, is now 2324.75, for a reduced 27% savings.

Having said all of that, no matter how you value or do the math regading the pre-season games, you still have pretty good savings as a STH over buying "Face Value" outside of a group.

Just something to think about.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Yes that is all correct but I would say maybe maybe 1,000 people a game pay face value. It is super easy getting season ticket cost for 80% of the games. In fact sometimes you have to sell tickets for less than season ticket cost

Reactions: gibber1600

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Yes that is all correct but I would say maybe maybe 1,000 people a game pay face value. It is super easy getting season ticket cost for 80% of the games. In fact sometimes you have to sell tickets for less than season ticket cost
yep. I may save money on games this year by buying them on Kijiji.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg

If this is true that they are actually forcing us to buy a pre season ticket as part of the package for 4, 5, and 6 game packs, pardon my French, but who the hell is going to buy this? Absolutely ridiculous. You have a 25%, a 20%, and a 15% markup on top of selling these tickets for walk up cost? The pre season ticket might be sold to your friend for maybe $20. You know what? I am so rich, I will give it away. Whoever came up with this great idea should be fired.
The bolded in the above quotes is incorrect. A preseason game is only included with the 5-game pack, and it appears they're trying to offset that by giving the purchaser a bobblehead.

Click this to read the details ---> Game Packs

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB

My argument was in attempt to quelch complaints, from an STH standpoint, about having to pay for the pre-season games.

Secondary market value is a valid argument. I have those calculations in a spreadsheet and I can reduce the Face Value to something more reflective of the actual secondary market. It may not be full face value but nor is it at or below STH price, and the value of the pre-season games aren't really 0$ either.

yep. I may save money on games this year by buying them on Kijiji.

Yes, based on your situation and preferences, it may be worth your time and effort to purchase tickets privately on a game by game basis.

You are both correct, there will almost always be some available at or below STH price, how hard they are to get at that price will fluctuate based on many factors (day of the week, opponent, evening/afternoon, team performance, etc.).
I would argue that the amount of effort is similar to selling undesirable games as an STH, however, should you choose or not have time to take action, at least you're not losing money.

IMHO, as an STH, It might be more beneficial to do the following as opposed to privately selling them at or below STH cost:
1. Donate game tickets and get a tax receipt (on the face value?)
2. Burn your ticket and leave the seat empty (you can afford to do this for almost 1/3 of your tickets before you end up eating up all your STH discount, at which point you may want to reevaluate being an STH anyway).
3. At the very least, when reselling tickets privately, STH should aim to undercut the Face Value (+ fees) but still keep in mind their cost of "floating" these undervalued pre-season games, if they care that much.

I say these because blowing them out at or below STH price only serves to drive your own resale price down.

If you feel like you must sell games at or below STH cost, perhaps being an STH isn't for you, since you are not attending the games you have, for whatever reason. It's not a bad thing, STH aren't "better" than non-STH. We're all fans of the same team, weather you watch them on TV or at the arena.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Donate game tickets and get a tax receipt
I did this fairly often when I was a STH. At least it's going to a good cause, and the tax receipt is nice.

I've never done so yet.
Is the tax receipt for the Face Value or the STH price you paid?

I ask because when my employer "gives away" tickets, they are deemed a "taxable benefit" and they are taxed on the Face Value of the tickets.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I've never done so yet.
Is the tax receipt for the Face Value or the STH price you paid?

I ask because when my employer "gives away" tickets, they are deemed a "taxable benefit" and they are taxed on the Face Value of the tickets.
The receipt is for what you paid as a season ticket holder, so they are all the same.

Reactions: Sabadecade

jimsabo21

Jul 2, 2011
My argument was in attempt to quelch complaints, from an STH standpoint, about having to pay for the pre-season games.

Secondary market value is a valid argument. I have those calculations in a spreadsheet and I can reduce the Face Value to something more reflective of the actual secondary market. It may not be full face value but nor is it at or below STH price, and the value of the pre-season games aren't really 0$ either.

Yes, based on your situation and preferences, it may be worth your time and effort to purchase tickets privately on a game by game basis.

You are both correct, there will almost always be some available at or below STH price, how hard they are to get at that price will fluctuate based on many factors (day of the week, opponent, evening/afternoon, team performance, etc.).
I would argue that the amount of effort is similar to selling undesirable games as an STH, however, should you choose or not have time to take action, at least you're not losing money.

IMHO, as an STH, It might be more beneficial to do the following as opposed to privately selling them at or below STH cost:
1. Donate game tickets and get a tax receipt (on the face value?)
2. Burn your ticket and leave the seat empty (you can afford to do this for almost 1/3 of your tickets before you end up eating up all your STH discount, at which point you may want to reevaluate being an STH anyway).
3. At the very least, when reselling tickets privately, STH should aim to undercut the Face Value (+ fees) but still keep in mind their cost of "floating" these undervalued pre-season games, if they care that much.

I say these because blowing them out at or below STH price only serves to drive your own resale price down.

If you feel like you must sell games at or below STH cost, perhaps being an STH isn't for you, since you are not attending the games you have, for whatever reason. It's not a bad thing, STH aren't "better" than non-STH. We're all fans of the same team, weather you watch them on TV or at the arena.

Unless you can control what the other 13,000 are selling their unused tickets for, this strategy won't work. You can hold out for your price as much as you want, and eat games rather than set a precedence; however, if everyone else on Seat Exchange or Kijiji are selling games for less than you are, it's a losing battle. Also, if you apply this strategy to friends and family only (people that only buy from you) - they'll eventually start buying from someone more reasonable. I don't know anyone who only has "one source" of Jets tickets. Word is out ...seats are easy to get, and you can pay season tickets cost or below to 90% of games ...

Unfortunately, one person sticking to their guns will do nothing to curb the trend ...

I sell a bunch of my seats for season ticket price or below. I'd rather recoup something for those Tuesday night games than nothing ...

Lastly, TN is doing us no favours with the absurd amount of Sunday / Tuesday (and even Thursday) games. Seriously, only 2 home Saturday night games in a Canadian market is a slap in the face of all season seat holders. Mark Chipman is part of the Executive Committee and should be able to lobby for a more balanced home schedule. Every other Canadian city has 8-14 home games on Saturday nights. WE HAVE TWO.

I get it - they'll say Rogers wants bigger markets playing on HNIC. There's an EASY solution to this. Force the schedule maker to have more Saturday night games between the Jets and another Canadian city. Jets vs Leafs MTS Centre should be a Saturday night. So should Jets vs Habs. Jets vs Oilers on a Saturday night. Jets vs Canucks on a Saturday night. Jets vs Sens on a Saturday night. Jets vs Flames .... that way you kill two birds with one stone ... you give the season ticket holders a fair amount of Saturday games, and Rogers gets to showcase a larger Canadian city ..

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
RE: "I shouldn't have to pay for the pre-season games as an STH"
(The prices I used are based on the 2018-19 loge prices our group paid, since I did this math last summer)

So, the Season Ticket Total TN charged me per seat was 6417.00$
There were a total of 45 home games that season (including pre-season).
Making the Season Ticket Price per ticket: 142.60$

The "Face Value" broke down as follows that year:
QtyFace ValueSub Totals
A+ Games4242.50$970.00$
A Games19221.00$4199.00$
B Games11206.75$2274.25$
C Games7185.50$1298.50$
Pre-Season Games4164.00$656.00$
Total Face Value459397.75$
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So, the total savings buying this seat at the STH price compared to Face Value is 2989.75, a 32% savings!

Allow me to break your paradigm... What if I told you ,if you do the math right, you aren't paying for the pre-season games as a STH! WHAT?!

Let's say the Pre-Season game have 0$ value!

Of course, TN won't charge me less for the Season Tickets so, per seat it's still 6417.00$
There are now only total of 41 home games that season (removing pre-season this time, because they're "free").
This then makes the Season Ticket Price per ticket: 156.51$ (you see where I'm going with this...)

The "Face Value" now breaks down as follows:
QtyFace ValueSub Totals
A+ Games4242.50$970.00$
A Games19221.00$4199.00$
B Games11206.75$2274.25$
C Games7185.50$1298.50$
Pre-Season Gamesn/a0.00$0.00$
Total Face Value418741.75$
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The total savings buying this seat at the STH price compared to Face Value, with "FREE" pre-season games, is now 2324.75, for a reduced 27% savings.

Having said all of that, no matter how you value or do the math regading the pre-season games, you still have pretty good savings as a STH over buying "Face Value" outside of a group.

Just something to think about.
Yes, season ticket prices are significantly cheaper than paying face value. If face value tickets were the only other option, then owning season tickets would be a tremendous benefit - as it was in the first few seasons. If you want to go to most home games, then season tickets are the right choice. But if you're only interested in certain games though, buying on the secondary market is a better option.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Unless you can control what the other 13,000 are selling their unused tickets for, this strategy won't work. You can hold out for your price as much as you want, and eat games rather than set a precedence; however, if everyone else on Seat Exchange or Kijiji are selling games for less than you are, it's a losing battle. Also, if you apply this strategy to friends and family only (people that only buy from you) - they'll eventually start buying from someone more reasonable. I don't know anyone who only has "one source" of Jets tickets. Word is out ...seats are easy to get, and you can pay season tickets cost or below to 90% of games ...

Unfortunately, one person sticking to their guns will do nothing to curb the trend ...

I sell a bunch of my seats for season ticket price or below. I'd rather recoup something for those Tuesday night games than nothing ...

Lastly, TN is doing us no favours with the absurd amount of Sunday / Tuesday (and even Thursday) games. Seriously, only 2 home Saturday night games in a Canadian market is a slap in the face of all season seat holders. Mark Chipman is part of the Executive Committee and should be able to lobby for a more balanced home schedule. Every other Canadian city has 8-14 home games on Saturday nights. WE HAVE TWO.

I get it - they'll say Rogers wants bigger markets playing on HNIC. There's an EASY solution to this. Force the schedule maker to have more Saturday night games between the Jets and another Canadian city. Jets vs Leafs MTS Centre should be a Saturday night. So should Jets vs Habs. Jets vs Oilers on a Saturday night. Jets vs Canucks on a Saturday night. Jets vs Sens on a Saturday night. Jets vs Flames .... that way you kill two birds with one stone ... you give the season ticket holders a fair amount of Saturday games, and Rogers gets to showcase a larger Canadian city ..
I don't even think the Jets are poor TV draws on HNIC. And as you say, you could guarantee good ratings by matching them up with another Canadian team.

I still think this is because TNSE wants weekends for Moose games. 13,000 seats are sold whether the game is on a Tuesday or a Saturday.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
The 4 and 6 game packs have no preseason games

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I don't even think the Jets are poor TV draws on HNIC. And as you say, you could guarantee good ratings by matching them up with another Canadian team.

I still think this is because TNSE wants weekends for Moose games. 13,000 seats are sold whether the game is on a Tuesday or a Saturday.
You sell a lot more beer on Friday and Saturday nights. I don’t think it’s the Moose. Their schedule isn’t even set yet.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
You sell a lot more beer on Friday and Saturday nights. I don’t think it’s the Moose. Their schedule isn’t even set yet.

Moose will get much more than 3 Saturday games. Chipman always gives them more. It helps his sales which is all profit where extra beer on a Jets night isn't all Profit

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00