HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Got tickets for Tuesday. I have a streak going back to 1994-95 and haven't missed a home opener in that time. I'm considering this our home opener this year. Just saw Redd's post on facebook that they're open before and after the game so this is shaping up nicely.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The presale was from 10-11am today , general on sale was 11am today, since you posted at like 12 something I thought you were offering for giving others the code lol
They're on general sale now.

It's $158 to get into the building for the rags game, $35 for the Sabres match-up on the 16th.

Spoke with a rep and I can definitely get cheaper but am not willing to commit.

Guess I'll wait.

Still open to an exceptional individual here who can't move a ticket or has someone bail at the last minute. Fully vaccinated if that helps.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They're on general sale now.

It's $158 to get into the building for the rags game, $35 for the Sabres match-up on the 16th.

Spoke with a rep and I can definitely get cheaper but am not willing to commit.

Guess I'll wait.

Still open to an exceptional individual here who can't move a ticket or has someone bail at the last minute. Fully vaccinated if that helps.
Will be there on the 16th. Anyone know if a brown paper bag satisfies the mask requirements?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just hope to god enough sth's did buy all the Ranger/Islander tickets, it'd be embarrassing as hell if 500 of the thousand or so fans in the arena were Ranger and Islander fans this week :P

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I just hope to god enough sth's did buy all the Ranger/Islander tickets, it'd be embarrassing as hell if 500 of the thousand or so fans in the arena were Ranger and Islander fans this week :P

Eh I took a quick look at the rangers board and few of the posters were talking about how they bought up multiple games. Is what it is.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Personally don't care because this isn't normal circumstances. Rangers fans avoid the hassle of getting a covid test at msg and Islanders fans can't even get into the their games yet so wouldn't be surprising if a bunch tried to get tickets during the general on sale.

In terms of the STH who sit around me nobody bought tickets but I have some other friends who grabbed some during the pre-sale. Most people I know wanted to wait and see how it goes. Lots of them got stuck with this 2/4 block stuff and didn't want to either leave one person at home or have to buy an extra and eat a ticket.

I wasn't going either way but I'd also be stuck with the decision of leaving someone home or having to buy an extra and eat it. Just not worth it, even more so when you add in how bad the team currently is.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Part of me wants the Devils ticket sales team to be embarrassed since it's typical that they can't even sell 1000 tickets to Devil fans when they haven't seen a live game for almost a full year but it'll be a little demoralizing to the players this week if the Let's Go Rangers and WOO chants are audible without enough noise to drown them out :P

It probably wouldn't even register with me if they weren't the first three darn home games though.

Last edited:

feerlessleadr

Jul 1, 2006
New Jersey
Anyone know if Edison Ale house or any of the other restaurants right in the vicinity of the arena offer outdoor dining? I realize it is pretty cold, but the person I'm going with isn't comfortable eating indoors yet, so trying to work through some options.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
How was it for anyone who went? I could hear the fake fan noise over the TV but I would have never guessed it was this bad, my friend who was there had texted me...

"The fake noise is brutal. I can barely hear my gf next to me and the music is even worse. So loud. It's so loud in here I can't hear the whistle."

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
It was the most passive sporting event I ever went to. The fake crowd noise made it worthless to try to cheer or anything. It was almost like white noise designed to put you to sleep. The game itself didn’t help. They played the songs fans would continue to sing to even after puck drop, but it generally was futile against that noise.

Overall, it was weird... a shell of its former self. I will say that it felt safe... no different than a trip to the grocery store.

They need to get rid of the crowd noise. Instead of a constant reminder of the pandemic, let the fans there have a unique experience of the noises from the ice and players in a way there usually cannot. Everyone should mention this to their rep and see if they’ll change it.

Overall though, it was still nice to be back.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
It was the most passive sporting event I ever went to. The fake crowd noise made it worthless to try to cheer or anything. It was almost like white noise designed to put you to sleep. The game itself didn’t help. They played the songs fans would continue to sing to even after puck drop, but it generally was futile against that noise.

Overall, it was weird... a shell of its former self. I will say that it felt safe... no different than a trip to the grocery store.

They need to get rid of the crowd noise. Instead of a constant reminder of the pandemic, let the fans there have a unique experience of the noises from the ice and players in a way there usually cannot. Everyone should mention this to their rep and see if they’ll change it.

Overall though, it was still nice to be back.

Could not agree more. The fake crowd noise made it difficult to even focus on the game. You couldn’t hear crowd reactions at all. And the piped in noise is just way too loud during normal play.

I will say that entry, concessions and everything around the arena felt more normal than I expected. The fake crowd noise really killed the entire experience though. I’m 90% sure the Rangers didn’t use fake crowd noise once the fans were back and the players loved it. I have no idea why the Devils kept the noise on.

Jiri Bicek

Rusty Shackleford
Feb 16, 2006
Jersey City, NJ
Anyone know if Edison Ale house or any of the other restaurants right in the vicinity of the arena offer outdoor dining? I realize it is pretty cold, but the person I'm going with isn't comfortable eating indoors yet, so trying to work through some options.

I don’t think anyone is offering outdoor right now, and Redds was the only spot open even for indoor.

I would avoid going there if you’re uncomfortable with indoor dining or crowds, though. It was a little chaotic there yesterday.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Mercato was open and awesome as always. Redd's was pretty much looking to get shut down. The Mike Tyson's Punch Out crowd noise was maddening.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Mercato was open and awesome as always. Redd's was pretty much looking to get shut down. The Mike Tyson's Punch Out crowd noise was maddening.

It was borderline torture at certain points. Legitimately gave me a headache by the time I left the building.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
For anyone who went Tuesday, how much for were rules enforced? Specifically, entering into the area during your designated time based on section

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
For anyone who went Tuesday, how much for were rules enforced? Specifically, entering into the area during your designated time based on section

I don't think the entrance time was really enforced. They were kind of making sure you went in the correct entrance though.

Reactions: NJDevils7

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Didn't go but in terms of the even/odd timed entrances, with the way it was worded in the emails and on the website it reads as more of a suggestion to me.

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Attended the game tonight and had an enjoyable experience (game aside) Thought the rock staff did a great job enforcing the mask rules, and i appreciated multiple choices when it came to food and drinks (unlike MSG)

Only negative was the fake crowd noise, it was incredibly annoying and distracting. Hope that goes away as the season moves on and more fans get into the seats.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Attended the game tonight and had an enjoyable experience (game aside) Thought the rock staff did a great job enforcing the mask rules, and i appreciated multiple choices when it came to food and drinks (unlike MSG)

Only negative was the fake crowd noise, it was incredibly annoying and distracting. Hope that goes away as the season moves on and more fans get into the seats.

Was MSG playing the fake noise?

My friend who went to both home games this week said "The fake crowd noise is much better tonight. Somewhat noticible but not overbearing."

Apparently Carolina was doing it as well...

Teams with fans in Arena

"The single weirdest (and most annoying) thing is that they pipe in a very low level of crowd noise to prevent the arena from being totally silent during boring stretches of play. Imagine a white-noise machine that operates just at the edge of your hearing. Annoying."

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
Was MSG playing the fake noise?

My friend who went to both home games this week said "The fake crowd noise is much better tonight. Somewhat noticible but not overbearing."

Apparently Carolina was doing it as well...

Teams with fans in Arena

"The single weirdest (and most annoying) thing is that they pipe in a very low level of crowd noise to prevent the arena from being totally silent during boring stretches of play. Imagine a white-noise machine that operates just at the edge of your hearing. Annoying."

Yeah MSG is playing it but it seems to be isolated to one or two speakers near the scoreboard so its not as loud if that makes sense. It's noticeable during those stretches of "boring" stretches of play if you want to categorize it as that. Tonight I feel like i noticed the noise a lot more often and it even caused me to have difficulty hearing two whistles in the first period.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Seems like it was turned down Saturday afternoon, but still insulting and very aggravating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad