HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Nvm just got the email. 20% now.

Same, I'm still sitting this season out...

"We are pleased to inform you that based on Governor Murphy’s announcement this afternoon increasing indoor capacity at sporting events to 20% starting Friday, April 2nd, the New Jersey Devils have released additional seating locations for all remaining Devils home games beginning with this Friday’s game against the Washington Capitals!"

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
A group of friends wants to go to the April 9 game against the Penguins but they didn't have 4 seats together, so I go two pairs of 2 seats in the same row (separated by 4 seats in between). Does anyone who has attended a game so far have a sense for how strict they are about sitting in your assigned seats? I'm thinking we'll just sit together anyway and hopefully the staff just doesn't really care. We'll probably have to move some cardboard cutouts in between our seats..

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
A group of friends wants to go to the April 9 game against the Penguins but they didn't have 4 seats together, so I go two pairs of 2 seats in the same row (separated by 4 seats in between). Does anyone who has attended a game so far have a sense for how strict they are about sitting in your assigned seats? I'm thinking we'll just sit together anyway and hopefully the staff just doesn't really care. We'll probably have to move some cardboard cutouts in between our seats..

When I went, the third game, the seats not in use were strapped into the closed position.

I don’t know how strict they’re being but you would need to remove that strap and then not have anyone checking those sections to ensure all the chairs are still in the same positions.

Reactions: Colin226

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
As strict as they've always been.

Which is not even a little bit.

The only things I saw enforced were mask wearing in the corridors, and id for alcohol. I was refused at a station because mine expired a few weeks ago, and I'm nearer to 40 than 30 lol.

I'm guessing that so long as you don't go over the top and encroach on other people you'll be fine.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

I picked up a pair for the same game in the 200s. All I'm going to say is the price I paid for the tickets before fees was $10 cheaper per ticket than they are now. And that's for shoot twice zone front row (mine) vs defend twice second row.

EDIT: My mistake. The other tickets are center ice. Never mind me. :/

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
The seating arrangement is in a pattern, where two people are directly two rows behind two other people. So if you break the pattern, you could stand out, and you might be within six feet of other fans who could theoretically complain. That said, you should be able to find an empty section where you can stay distant.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I was told the bridge from the garage is closed? You must enter through one of the Lafayette st entrances. Can anyone confirm?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I legit never eat there, probably can count on one hand the amount of times I've eaten there since the building opened and I barely miss a handful of games a year. I absolutely refuse to pay the prices they charge for food or drinks. The prices for water are infuriating. It's like $5 bucks for an entire case of water and they have the balls to basically charge $5 a f***ing bottle.

I've put in the surveys every time that changing it to fan friendly concession stand prices would get me to eat there way more often, would get people inside the building earlier, etc.

There are so many teams in different sports that have adopted this strategy and it's shown to work every single time. They have no excuse anymore to keep doing it, they must have some excuse, tri-state area, high costs blah blah blah blah we can make more money ripping people off. I don't get it. We really need just 1 damn arena of the almost dozen in this damn area to adopt it and the rest would eventually fall in line when other fans realize this is how it should be, no excuses.

Don't even get me started on the merch, the damn player t-shirts are up to like $40, a zip up hoodie is $100+. Literally everything is a rip off. They give season ticket holders a whooping 10% discount. I get a 25% discount on Red Bulls merch and my season tickets there equal out to about 4 Devils games.

If they don't ever want to adapt to what things should be and want to just keep raising merch and food I'll just keep going to the games and never spending money besides the tickets like I've been basically doing since the arena opened, it is what it is.

really dont get the old time thinking when it comes to prices for in game experiences. #1 goal for any franchise in any sport is getting people in the building the real money to be made is by the concession and drinks. to me people would be willing to spend money if the prices were a little lower and the price of entry was lower/free even. is there a rule in the league that seats have to be x amount of money? could a legit billionaire just say you know what? all tickets in the upper level first come first serve free? or would the nhl have a problem with that? I figure you get in for free now i'll go buy some food and drink which is where the real markup and money is to be made. face it an empty seat isn't buying hot dogs and beer

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
really dont get the old time thinking when it comes to prices for in game experiences. #1 goal for any franchise in any sport is getting people in the building the real money to be made is by the concession and drinks. to me people would be willing to spend money if the prices were a little lower and the price of entry was lower/free even. is there a rule in the league that seats have to be x amount of money? could a legit billionaire just say you know what? all tickets in the upper level first come first serve free? or would the nhl have a problem with that? I figure you get in for free now i'll go buy some food and drink which is where the real markup and money is to be made. face it an empty seat isn't buying hot dogs and beer
Yup. Plus on top of that, people that go to games are wayyyyyyyyyy more likely to buy gear for the team (before, during, and after). Or even become new fans entirely.

So, continuing to make it cost prohibitive via absurd concession prices is resulting in a huge net loss, in my opinion.

Reactions: sabremike

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I'm having a hard time finding this information online.

Does anyone here know if there is still unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverage in the club seats?

Thanks in advance.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I'm having a hard time finding this information online.

Does anyone here know if there is still unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverage in the club seats?

Thanks in advance.

Nope. When you go to buy seats there's a disclaimer that no seats in the building currently include food and bev. The center "club" sections are incredibly expensive right now for not having food, but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: Jack Be Quick

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Probably a dumb question but... are fans not allowed into the lower bowl for warmups? (I'd email my ticket rep but she always calls me back and I'm not looking to have a chat right now.)

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Probably a dumb question but... are fans not allowed into the lower bowl for warmups? (I'd email my ticket rep but she always calls me back and I'm not looking to have a chat right now.)

I think officially, they don't want people to gather much there...

But, you can go down there and settle in the section close by while practice is going on, at least, I didn't see anyone having a problem with that, but definitely you can't go by glass anymore, or anywhere close as its shielded off by tarp and also by a guy standing there.

I wouldn't ask too many questions there, just go settle near the section where they practice and leave when its done. It's not as close as before, but its close enough to get a good look still.

At least, that was one of the earlier games i went to it was fine. However, I tried recently (i was on the opposition side) and the usher asked where my seats where ai wanted to go watch the practice and they steered me away. That was only 1 of like 3 games recently though. The rest was able to.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I think officially, they don't want people to gather much there...

But, you can go down there and settle in the section close by while practice is going on, at least, I didn't see anyone having a problem with that, but definitely you can't go by glass anymore, or anywhere close as its shielded off by tarp and also by a guy standing there.

I wouldn't ask too many questions there, just go settle near the section where they practice and leave when its done. It's not as close as before, but its close enough to get a good look still.

At least, that was one of the earlier games i went to it was fine. However, I tried recently (i was on the opposition side) and the usher asked where my seats where ai wanted to go watch the practice and they steered me away. That was only 1 of like 3 games recently though. The rest was able to.

Thanks for the insight! And to your point about not asking too many questions and just walking in, it’s amazing how many times that approach has worked for me at events :thumbu:

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Is parking still available behind Hobbys? Where else has everyone been parking? First game back since last season. Thanks!

maddenmd2020

Aug 16, 2017
Anyone who's been to a home game lately, have they dialed back the fake crowd noises as more people have been allowed in the building?

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Anyone who's been to a home game lately, have they dialed back the fake crowd noises as more people have been allowed in the building?

I think the last game I was at recently (vs. Buffalo) @ 20% capacity, I didn't hear much of the pumped noise. Definitely it was really noticable with 10% in those early games back.

I believe they still pumped it in at one or two points in t hat game, but since 20% i don't hear it much at all now. Hopefully they remove it for good.

At 20% capacity, you can definitely hear the fans again much more noticeably, and the fans coming into these games (particularly the ones sitting behind the ends, goalie sections) NJ shooting twice side, are really vocal. It's good to see that. I like that we're getting the organic fan energy back..

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
I think it is still piped in but at very low almost indiscernible levels.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Looked inside Dinosaur BBQ today... all the furniture is still there, so it hasn't been liquidated at least.

Hard to imagine they're coming back though after being shut down for a full year, unless Dinosaur corporate is just paying the lease until they feel the time is right. Most of the original employees are going to be hard to bring back though if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad