HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I’m surprised no one has talked about that Sweep the Deck event the Devils are doing. Who can afford $750 per person for a fundraiser? Even with open bar and great food, that’s above my budget.
That event is directly catered towards very wealthy clientele.

Reactions: Devils731

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Hey guys, I’m coming down for the Dallas game next Saturday and my GF was trying to eye a spot for pre-game dinner. She found a steak buffet place called Brasilia, and I wanted to know if any of you have eaten there.

I’ve never been further from the arena than Hobby’s and everything I’ve heard is that you don’t really want to venture too far. Is walking to eat in the Ironbound neighborhood safe?

wouldn't it be "coming up from" dallas not coming down from dallas?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Hey guys, I’m coming down for the Dallas game next Saturday and my GF was trying to eye a spot for pre-game dinner. She found a steak buffet place called Brasilia, and I wanted to know if any of you have eaten there.

I’ve never been further from the arena than Hobby’s and everything I’ve heard is that you don’t really want to venture too far. Is walking to eat in the Ironbound neighborhood safe?
Walking the Ironbound is perfectly safe. Penn station is pretty foul, but it's safe.

If it's Rodizio you're after Fernandes is my personal favorite but you're going to want to take a Lyft/Uber as it's about a 30 minute walk from the rock.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I thought the River Rats Calder Cup banner would have given it away as well...:sarcasm:

Some people like to be wise asses. :laugh:

I would've been happy to give my feedback on that part of Newark, but don't head up in that direction at all. Typically on game day, though, there'll be plenty of Devils fans in the surrounding areas that you shouldn't run into anything problematic I would imagine.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Walking the Ironbound is perfectly safe. Penn station is pretty foul, but it's safe.

If it's Rodizio you're after Fernandes is my personal favorite but you're going to want to take a Lyft/Uber as it's about a 30 minute walk from the rock.

Another vote for Fernandes as a good place for rodizio.

If someone wanted to walk and didn’t mind a much simpler place but with good Portuguese bbq then I’d recommend McWhorters BBQ.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I’m surprised no one has talked about that Sweep the Deck event the Devils are doing. Who can afford $750 per person for a fundraiser? Even with open bar and great food, that’s above my budget.

As someone else already said the Devils are hoping to attract a certain clientele. I think they are wanting this to be as far away as possible from a mass fan-signing zoo like the one that is happening tomorrow.

It's like those charity fundraiser dinners that cost $500+ a plate where you get to have dinner with celebrities in a room and they want to remove as much cash as possible from you towards the charity.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Driving from Detroit for the Predators/Devils game thursday? Any area's around the arena I should avoid? especiialy when parking?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
As someone else already said the Devils are hoping to attract a certain clientele. I think they are wanting this to be as far away as possible from a mass fan-signing zoo like the one that is happening tomorrow.

It's like those charity fundraiser dinners that cost $500+ a plate where you get to have dinner with celebrities in a room and they want to remove as much cash as possible from you towards the charity.

And I’m happy it’s for a good cause but I did have to laugh at the thought of spending just under half my season ticket price for 2 tickets to this thing. Maybe I’ll cancel my season tickets and tell my rep it’s going toward next year’s event :sarcasm:

Reactions: Nubmer6

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Driving from Detroit for the Predators/Devils game thursday? Any area's around the arena I should avoid? especiialy when parking?

Thats quite a drive! I’ll wear my Detroit Lions hat to the game in case we bump into each other.

You’d have to park very far away to be in a bad area on a game night. Downtown by the arena is already fairly benign, but for game days they beef up police presence in the area. I’d actually recommend you don’t park immediately next to the arena as it’s expensive and takes forever to get in/out. Either look for a good deal on ParkWhiz (or similar app), or you could always park in the $7 lot I do that is behind Hobby’s Deli (iconic in Newark!) on Halsey Street. The area may look “rough” depending on your comfort level in cities but it’s extremely well lit and they opened a charter school next door. It’s also 2 blocks from the arena.

Reactions: LeighDx13

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
And I’m happy it’s for a good cause but I did have to laugh at the thought of spending just under half my season ticket price for 2 tickets to this thing. Maybe I’ll cancel my season tickets and tell my rep it’s going toward next year’s event :sarcasm:
Cancel your seats and say the only way you'll come back is if they comp you the event.

Reactions: Patrik26

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

I would just avoid going west of the arena and broad street. The first few blocks west are fine, but the other directions are a little cleaner in my opinion. I personally like parking by the court house (a few blocks south) or by Newark Penn Station (a few blocks east). Really easy and safe walk to the arena. If you're looking for restaurants to eat at before the game you can park in the lots by Bruen St and Edison Pl and eat at Fornos of Spain across the street. Phenomenal Spanish food. Or walk up by the arena and eat in any of the bars across the street on Edison

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I have no interest in the event even if it was free but I hilariously got asked by my rep that no donation is too small for it, $5, $10 even $25 for whatever the Devils Cares charity is.

Just send me an email if you're looking for donations but I thought calling about it was a bit ridiculous to me. Especially with renewals coming up out next week.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Thats quite a drive! I’ll wear my Detroit Lions hat to the game in case we bump into each other.

You’d have to park very far away to be in a bad area on a game night. Downtown by the arena is already fairly benign, but for game days they beef up police presence in the area. I’d actually recommend you don’t park immediately next to the arena as it’s expensive and takes forever to get in/out. Either look for a good deal on ParkWhiz (or similar app), or you could always park in the $7 lot I do that is behind Hobby’s Deli (iconic in Newark!) on Halsey Street. The area may look “rough” depending on your comfort level in cities but it’s extremely well lit and they opened a charter school next door. It’s also 2 blocks from the arena.

I wish I wouldve saw this a few days ago lol I wouldve said hi. I ended up parking within a block or so of the arena, which I paid more than $20 for but ah well. I dont usually pay big money for parking but im not overly worried about it, considering I only paid like $35 for a lower bowl ticket so I guess it all priced out. The arena is beautiful too, I really enjoyed it, plus Devils fans were super nice.

Reactions: Colin226

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I wish I wouldve saw this a few days ago lol I wouldve said hi. I ended up parking within a block or so of the arena, which I paid more than $20 for but ah well. I dont usually pay big money for parking but im not overly worried about it, considering I only paid like $35 for a lower bowl ticket so I guess it all priced out. The arena is beautiful too, I really enjoyed it, plus Devils fans were super nice.
Wait. We were nice???

Man, we gotta work on that :ha:

lucifer91

Jul 29, 2011
NJ
Anybody like to attend tmrws (tues vs montreal) game with me? Other guy bailed on me, can't find a replacement last minute.

Section 8 seat.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So the good and bad and the indifferent from this email just sent out about renewals that are coming tomorrow...

Good...

No price increases for next season

We can lock these current prices for the next 2 seasons if we wish. I renew almost every year but I'm not sure I want to lock myself into it for 2 years no matter what.

Store discount goes from 10% to 20%

The slogan for next year looks like "the black and red" the logo is a red banner wrapped around the state of NJ that says those words. Its simple and beats the hell out of "we are the ones"

The bad...

Im going to wait on this one before I fully complain cause I'm hoping its wrong but it looks like the pay per month interest free is only for those who lock themselves into the next 2 seasons. I've been doing the 12 months interest free for awhile now and this isn't a benefit that should be taken away. I'm hoping this was just a miscommunication in the email and there are options for interest free payment plans or at least payment plans of some nature. There is no excuse for the team needing my full amount of money in February when next season doesn't start till October.

No discount on food and beverages at the arena. I've been suggesting this or fan friendly prices to them for years now. I'll continute to not spend any money at the concession stands until they change their ways.

the indifferent...

There is a new program in addition to the buybacks that will allow us to swap up to 6 games that we can't attend for additional tickets to other games. I don't have much need for this since it's hard enough as it is to sell tickets to games but I'm sure it will benefit some people.

Last edited:

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
So the good and bad and the indifferent from this email just sent out about renewals that are coming tomorrow...

Good...

No price increases for next season

We can lock these current prices for the next 2 seasons if we wish. I renew almost every year but I'm not sure I want to lock myself into it for 2 years no matter what.

Store discount goes from 10% to 20%

The slogan for next year looks like "the black and red" the logo is a red banner wrapped around the state of NJ that says those words. Its simple and beats the hell out of "we are the ones"

The bad...

Im going to wait on this one before I fully complain cause I'm hoping its wrong but it looks like the pay per month interest free is only for those who lock themselves into the next 2 seasons. I've been doing the 12 months interest free for awhile now and this isn't a benefit that should be taken away. I'm hoping this was just a miscommunication in the email and there are options for interest free payment plans or at least payment plans of some nature. There is no excuse for the team needing my full amount of money in February when next season doesn't start till October.

No discount on food and beverages at the arena. I've been suggesting this or fan friendly prices to them for years now. I'll continue to not spend any money at the concession stands until they change their ways.

the indifferent...

There is a new program in addition to the buybacks that will allow us to swap up to 6 games that we can't attend for additional tickets to other games. I don't have much need for this since it's hard enough as it is to sell tickets to games but I'm sure it will benefit some people.

If I could give up the access to meet & greets/autograph sessions for discounted food and bev I would gladly do it. Even if I only saved $5-$10 on food a game attending 40 plus games that adds up.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
If I could give up the access to meet & greets/autograph sessions for discounted food and bev I would gladly do it. Even if I only saved $5-$10 on food a game attending 40 plus games that adds up.

Why not get both? Hell 20% off merch is nice but Tampa Bay gives 35% off merch and they give 25% off concessions including alcohol.

Tampa Bay was 5th in attendance last season. Sure they had an awesome team but they have been having great attendance for a long time now and the discounts they give above is a huge part of the reason.

The Devils need to realize that market wise they aren't anywhere near as big as they act like they are and reward people for committing to a lot of money and possibly a horrible season.

They need to be more like Tampa Bay.

Reactions: Patrik26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You left out the biggest inference, just the fact they’re offering two year price freeze ‘incentives’ with the tone of the letter might be more of an indication they’re going on more of a long-term rebuild than we thought after the GM change.

Reactions: sabremike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad