HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
it's possible, or they're just REALLY worried about the drop off this season

As they should be. They had all kinds of problems with renewals last year for this season. They extended the renewal-by date well past the draft party and still had problems. With the shit show that's gone on here, especially the past two months, they needed to do something. I'm not sure it's going to be enough.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah, it would be nice if they voiced some clarity on what exactly is going on now

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
You left out the biggest inference, just the fact they’re offering two year price freeze ‘incentives’ with the tone of the letter might be more of an indication they’re going on more of a long-term rebuild than we thought after the GM change.

Oh absolutely but after this disaster of a season does anyone really realistically think we are going to be that much better next season? It's why I'm on the fence about 2 years to begin with, simply because I don't see prices increasing dramatically anyway after next season. Would have to take a miracle deep playoff run for that to happen (lol)

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
100% agree that no food/beverage discounts for season ticket holders is a huge wiff..

I think my plan for next season is to drop to 1 seat. All of my friends are having kids and can’t go with me, so I end up selling a bunch of games. I can still buy additional seats for games when other people do want to come, and I also would keep my tenure and other perks.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh absolutely but after this disaster of a season does anyone really realistically think we are going to be that much better next season? It's why I'm on the fence about 2 years to begin with, simply because I don't see prices increasing dramatically anyway after next season. Would have to take a miracle deep playoff run for that to happen (lol)

Yeah they’d have to REALLY offer something extra to get me to do the two year. As it is I’m just glad they’re not raising prices for next year since I used up my buyback credits early and was too lazy to use my reward points (not that they really have much to use them on other than add on seats lol)

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
So the main perks at the moment are a price freeze (which they basically had to do to try and not have a total bloodbath) and 20% discount on extremely overpriced merch? Woo Hoo! Swapping Tix, no thanks. Can barely find 1 extra person to go to games as is. Oh well, looks like my 8 year run has come to an end.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
You left out the biggest inference, just the fact they’re offering two year price freeze ‘incentives’ with the tone of the letter might be more of an indication they’re going on more of a long-term rebuild than we thought after the GM change.

Not having seen the letter (tone), the 2-year incentive might also simply be a desire (need) to "lock in" a certain base of sths, allowing them to focus more attention next year on adding new sths ... combined with the fact that this season serves as a reminder that even
"on paper" improvements may not produce results.

The other issue (which does lead one to think that they may be looking to take another step back before moving forward) is:

Where/how does the team get better next year?

-- Maybe Blackwood improves (and they sign another goalie (of NHL caliber) to share the load; could be good for a few points
-- Maybe (presumably?) Hughes is better next season
-- Maybe(?) Ty Smith makes the team and is an upgrade of one of the LH
-- Maybe they get lottery luck and draft someone who can play next season (although clearly it's asking a lot for that person to be a significant difference-maker in year 1)
-- Maybe it's all the (broken) system and a new coach/system will make a big difference
-- Maybe some of the young players who haven't played at the NHL level (or minimally) are ready next season.

That's a lot of maybe ... and of course maybe the GM can use cap space and draft picks (presumably, they will acquire more at the deadline) to upgrade via trade.

On the other hand:

-- The (already horrid) defensive core will (presumably) be without Vatanen (and, while many hate on Greene, he has been better than many others)
-- Of the forwards (other than Hughes) who has played regularly this season, are who is either young enough (and has shown enough) that improvement can be expected OR is older but having a "one-off" poor season that can reasonably be expected to bounce back next season?
-- is there a reason to think a top-tier UFA would sign here (even if ownership is willing to pay)? While money (usually) talks, will the Devils be willing to overpay (perhaps significantly) versus the market? Especially because they will again be paying Cory to not play (in the NHL) next season
-- Blackwood is still young, and it's not an easy team to play behind, but I think it's still far from certain that he is a long-term answer
-- For all of their other problems this year, they have had very few missed games by their regulars

I am usually optimistic, so I would note that, in Blackwood's starts, they are around a 90-point team. That's not good enough, obviously, but it does mean that they may not be THAT far away from being in the playoff mix if their goaltending improves (through Blackwood's growth and/or a new goalie being brought in) and some of the "maybes" come to fruition ... and that's assuming some important (Gusev, Palmieri, Coleman) are locked up; if they are looking to trade off any/all of them, then they are 100% committed to a "reboot" (which would start to look a lot like Edmonton... and I'm not sure not how many people are going to stick around for that as sths).

But if I'm ownership, I am certainly not making promises about the next 1-2 years and, I would gladly leave a few $$ on the table (from a potential year 2 price increase) to get that locked up.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I loathe empty corporate talk so that's why I didn't even comment on it but here's the whole letter for anyone who wants to read it...

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continued support of the New Jersey Devils. As the president of the organization, I want to share with you some insights on where we are, why we are optimistic about our future, and what we are doing to build for success.

On the ice, we have two cornerstone pieces in Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes who are emerging stars - driven to achieve what the legends of this franchise have experienced before them. With the continued development of Mackenzie Blackwood as one of the youngest NHLers in net coupled with the future promise of young players who've established themselves at the NHL level, one can begin to see the future of the franchise.

The last few years have been spent investing in building a culture and program to develop players that can compete at the highest level for years to come. Teams also need to invest in veteran players who can build and support the team as we grow and evolve, which is why we invested within this area this past off season. We made these decisions all with an eye on maintaining cap space and draft picks to ensure we can continue to build clusters of rising NHL talent. While the journey has not been without setbacks, we have studied the championship teams of the modern era and all have gone through similar stages to get to the top.

We are doing a lot of work off the ice as well to make sure our fans are deeply engaged and an important part of what we are building. We have been focused on creating the best value in professional sports by studying member benefit platforms across the world to create one of the most comprehensive member benefits platforms anywhere. Being a part of the Black and Red doesn't simply get you a seat at The Rock, it also provides you access to your team in exciting ways all season long. I am excited to announce a special offer and many new features within your membership benefits platform in 2020-21, including:

Loyalty Lock Initiative
As a sign of our organization's appreciation for your continued support and joint belief in what's being built for the years ahead, we would like to extend the ability to lock in your existing membership pricing for your choice of either next season or each of the next two (2) seasons (2020-21 and 2021-22). Should you choose to commit to your Membership for the next two seasons, you will receive your 2019-20 pricing on a 24-month interest free payment plan through the 2021-22 season. You will have until February 19, 2020 to select the 1 year or 2 year Loyalty Lock in your Personal Black and Red Membership Portal which you will receive tomorrow.

Devils Swap Program
New for 2020-21, the Black and Red will experience our new ticket-swap program that will enable members to swap tickets for up to six regular season games that they can't attend for additional tickets to a game that they can. This new program is in addition to the Devils Buy-Back Program which will provide the Black and Red increased flexibility to maximize their membership.

Devils Team Store Discount
The Black and Red will receive an increased discount at the Devils Team Store to 20% off retail price throughout the 2020-21 NHL season to provide our most dedicated fans increased savings as they show off their Devils pride.

Each season we evaluate everything we do - we have a staff of committed people who are working hard every day to give our fans a team they can be proud of on the ice, in the arena, and in our community. Every day our staff is focused on building a world-class organization that can compete consistently to bring the state of New Jersey and our passionate fans their fourth Stanley Cup.

You - the Black and Red - are the lifeblood and heartbeat of our club. Your continued support is not just appreciated, it's required for our continued growth. With our franchise cornerstones in place, I wholeheartedly believe that we are on the right path and I look forward to the journey ahead, together.

I've committed to this team and I'll be there by your side, on the concourse and in the stands; cheering, smiling and high-fiving as we celebrate the special moments in the years ahead.

Let's Go Devils!

Jake Reynolds
President, New Jersey Devils

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I’ll actually use the ticket swap. I have some friends who are mildly hockey interested so they’d enjoy coming to the game with me in a group of 4 but wouldn’t be that interested going by themselves with 2 tickets.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
I’ll actually use the ticket swap. I have some friends who are mildly hockey interested so they’d enjoy coming to the game with me in a group of 4 but wouldn’t be that interested going by themselves with 2 tickets.

That actually is a nice feature ... gives you some of the benefits of a flex plan at full sth pricing

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
That actually is a nice feature ... gives you some of the benefits of a flex plan at full sth pricing

Really depends on your situation. Personally I can't drag most of my friends and family to a Devils game and there's no guarantee the extra seats will be next your current seats anyway so for me it's an absolute waste unless I can sell them for face value to recoup my money.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Really depends on your situation. Personally I can't drag most of my friends and family to a Devils game and there's no guarantee the extra seats will be next your current seats anyway so for me it's an absolute waste unless I can sell them for face value to recoup my money.

Which I'd bet many season ticket holders will do to try to recoup a few bucks but that in term will flood the market to certain games and more free or pretty much close to free tix will be out there.

When your your team stinks and has stunk for awhile, you need to do more than freeze prices (which they had no choice as they saw the bloodbath last off-season pre draft day) and offer another 10% off merch which again is fairly worthless when everything can be bought cheaper on line.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i got an e-mail at 4:00 saying as a flex member, my renewal window opens tomorrow. then about an hour later i got the whoops e-mail.

Yeah I don't get what the point of that was, are they in fact not sending out the stuff tomorrow after all? They already said they were with the Reynolds letter and the oops e-mail.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Yeah I don't get what the point of that was, are they in fact not sending out the stuff tomorrow after all? They already said they were with the Reynolds letter and the oops e-mail.

my guess is they sent it by mistake because i'm not a flex member but a season ticket holder. after the jake whoever sent his, i got this but it was probably only meant for flex holders.

good luck today devils, you're going to need it with a dumpster fire team, no coach, no g.m., and with nobody having any idea what kind of plan they have going into the trade deadline but please take my money guaranteed for up to 2 years all for a price freeze and an extra $2 i'll save when buying a shirt in the team store lol

my 8 year run of being a season ticket holder is done. i can't do this anymore. not for this garbage product and organization. i'll take that money and plan a nice vacation instead. at least i'd enjoy that and have happy memories.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
my guess is they sent it by mistake because i'm not a flex member but a season ticket holder. after the jake whoever sent his, i got this but it was probably only meant for flex holders.

good luck today devils, you're going to need it with a dumpster fire team, no coach, no g.m., and with nobody having any idea what kind of plan they have going into the trade deadline. but please take my money guaranteed for up to 2 years all for a price freeze and an extra $2 i'll save when buying a shirt in the team store lol

Ah so they only meant the second e-mail for flex members lolz...that explains it.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Here. What a ****ing joke. From top to bottom, this organization is a mess. The bigger joke is, I'm probably going to renew with the 2-year option.

i'd go under the assumption that they will tear it down or suck again next season (which is very possible), this way if they don't it's a nice surprise. 2 years is a long time to commit to something like this. there are way too many what if scenarios from a life standpoint.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

indfin

Jan 4, 2010

Understood. But it does give the (full) sth some additional flexibility. Someone with two seats could have:

-- 2 tickets to 29 games
-- 4 tickets to 6 games
-- 0 tickets for 6 games

(and then still use the buyback for up to 8 of the 29 games).

If they REALLY want to lock people up long term, the next logical step would be to let people carry over "unused buyback" games ... so if you don't use it for five years, you (essentially) get a free season. Heck, juste announce today a new offer (with no buyback privileges) of 6 years for the price of 5! :naughty:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe there’s ‘technical issues’ that avoid the optics of sending it out after last night lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad