HFDevils Official ‘20-21 Tickets and Prudential Center Thread (tickets are nontransferable in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Frustrated fans can’t divorce the Giants without taking a bath on their PSLs | Politi

i know this isn't hockey/devils related and its also more so about PSL then season tickets themselves i do find it interesting some of the peoples gripes and mentioning getting tickets off line.

Eventually no one would get season tickets to anything and just try to cherry pick the games that they want/can go to. Wonder if we will ever see a day when season tickets aren't needed anymore

I think we are already there.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There’s also location factors, no a lot of teams won’t be able to sell upper corners as season tickets but even bad teams can still sell prime locations. With a hockey arena being center ice (lowers for the rich, uppers for everyone else), behind the goal, most aisle and back of the section seats.

Season tickets are less expensive than face value, though when they’re more expensive than secondary market prices that’s dangerous for renewals and you would think would lead to at least a temporary market correction if enough people start dropping season tickets.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i read on here a lot of season ticket holders likes the perks and stuff that come with it the meet and greets and stuff. silly question though would you be open to the idea of the devils not lumping the two experiences together? like why not just sell tickets x amount of them to a meet and greet? or a signing event? like have a perks package that you can buy for the events that you want to go to but you don't have to buy the tickets to go with it

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
i read on here a lot of season ticket holders likes the perks and stuff that come with it the meet and greets and stuff. silly question though would you be open to the idea of the devils not lumping the two experiences together? like why not just sell tickets x amount of them to a meet and greet? or a signing event? like have a perks package that you can buy for the events that you want to go to but you don't have to buy the tickets to go with it
If they did that, it takes away a lot of the incentive to buy season tickets.

Reactions: Colin226

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If they did that, it takes away a lot of the incentive to buy season tickets.

yeah but at some point the team has to actually be losing money on holding these events for just a small number of season ticket holders no?

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
yeah but at some point the team has to actually be losing money on holding these events for just a small number of season ticket holders no?

No because these events are not that expensive to put on. These perks are a huge part of the appeal of being a season ticket holder, and I think if they make them broadly available it would really hurt their season ticket sales.

The difficult problem is balancing exclusivity with the opportunity to promote the team. Like when Hughes arrived for rookie camp, they initially made it only available to STH, but then quietly allowed more people in to see him.

I wish they allowed STH in to watch practices, you used to be able to watch them practice at South Mountain Arena for free and it was awesome. I think if they did that I would buy season tickets no matter how dreadful they were.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I think the devils are one of two teams that do private practices. Columbus is the other. Not sure if that's changed but that's even more frustrating

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
having a lot of season ticket holders also boosts the revenue from advertising and partnerships so i doubt they’d do anything to diminish the value of that for the benefit of selling tickets to autograph events

boss2003

Oct 22, 2007
Does anyone have 4 tickets for the Toronto game on Friday? Sons home from college and want to go. Let me know.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I think the devils are one of two teams that do private practices. Columbus is the other. Not sure if that's changed but that's even more frustrating

It's also no coincidence that those are two teams where the practice rink is part of the arena.

I once read years ago that a lot of teams wish they could make their practices more private, but a majority of teams still play in public or semi-public venues. South Mountain Arena was a public arena so the Devils didn't have a whole lot of control over that situation.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
It's also no coincidence that those are two teams where the practice rink is part of the arena.

I once read years ago that a lot of teams wish they could make their practices more private, but a majority of teams still play in public or semi-public venues. South Mountain Arena was a public arena so the Devils didn't have a whole lot of control over that situation.

I find that kind of hard to believe. They rent the ice surface, they can't have control over attendance? High school teams have control over attendance. I think coaches prefer private practices because it's less distracting, but IMO that's not a good enough reason to shut the fans out.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
I find that kind of hard to believe. They rent the ice surface, they can't have control over attendance? High school teams have control over attendance. I think coaches prefer private practices because it's less distracting, but IMO that's not a good enough reason to shut the fans out.

They can control the rink that they are renting, but the rest of the facility is open to the public. Fans used to wait both inside and outside of SMA to meet players and teams would rather avoid that along with the occasional people trying to wander into practice.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
They can control the rink that they are renting, but the rest of the facility is open to the public. Fans used to wait both inside and outside of SMA to meet players and teams would rather avoid that along with the occasional people trying to wander into practice.

You may be right, but I swear I remember wandering over to the auxiliary rink during the Zamboni cut of an open skate and watching the Devils practice and there were only a couple dozen people watching.

Reactions: johnny pierogi

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
its stupid that they would want to have 100% private practices just do what the nfl does and hold some private and some public. you are asking people to spend time and money on a luxury item the least you can do is give them accessibility it will only grow your product/brand.

Phife

May 24, 2018
Hoboken, NJ
Has anyone ever sat in the Club Loft seats? Any recommendations one way or the other? Thinking about snagging a pair for tomorrow night. Apologies if this has already been detailed at length on prior pages. Any insight is appreciated.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Has anyone ever sat in the Club Loft seats? Any recommendations one way or the other? Thinking about snagging a pair for tomorrow night. Apologies if this has already been detailed at length on prior pages. Any insight is appreciated.

I’ve sat there before. Food and drink is included like the lower level clubs. Definitely a relaxed and nice quiet area to enjoy a game. No lines ever for the bathroom or bar when I sat there.

Reactions: Phife

Phife

May 24, 2018
Hoboken, NJ
I’ve sat there before. Food and drink is included like the lower level clubs. Definitely a relaxed and nice quiet area to enjoy a game. No lines ever for the bathroom or bar when I sat there.

Thanks for the reply! I decided to go for it and snag a pair for myself and a buddy that’s in town. Paid around $95 each, which seems like a very good value considering the food and soft drink being included.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Thanks for the reply! I decided to go for it and snag a pair for myself and a buddy that’s in town. Paid around $95 each, which seems like a very good value considering the food and soft drink being included.

Please write a review after the game. Enjoy!

Phife

May 24, 2018
Hoboken, NJ
Please write a review after the game. Enjoy!

I enjoyed it a lot and definitely recommend it, even despite the poor result. I can’t compare the food to food in other lounges because I haven’t been in the others, but it was decent. I thought the lounge area was nice and a very comfortable and chill place to hang out before the game started. Seats offered a great view of the ice in a much more reserved, comfortable setting, if that’s what you’re into. Just a few, sparsely occupied rows in each section. Zero wait for the bathroom or the bar. I’m unfortunately only able to attend 1-2 games per year these days, but would definitely look to sit in those seats again. I think it was a great value for what I paid. Roughly the same price as getting a seat way up top and either going out to dinner nearby or purchasing food at the arena, but you get a better seat in a much more comfortable setting.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Selling a pair in section 104 for the Lightning game on the 12th. $50 total.

Also selling a pair in section 104 for the Dallas game on Feb 1st (2000 Cup Night). $80 total.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Forbes Releases NHL Team Valuations

Devils: New Jersey Devils on the Forbes The Business of Hockey List
NHL Rankings: The Business Of Hockey

Always interesting to see how the Devils compare to other NHL franchises in terms of Forbes' valuations. Some highlights I noticed:
  • Devils ranked #15 most valuable franchise at $550 million - a 21% increase. Is this our highest-ever ranking?
  • That's more than 3 Canadian franchises.
  • We leapfrogged Minnesota, San Jose, St. Louis, and Anaheim from last year.
  • Operating income was $25 million!
  • Debt/Value is down to 18%. This was sky high after the 2013 sale.
  • Business looks very healthy overall!

My guess is sports betting sponsorships are helping fuel revenues. Would love to hear others' feedback and observations.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
That's pretty awesome to see honestly. I definitely think the organization is in the best financial state it's been in since I've been a fan.

I think you're onto something with the sports betting, since that went into effect last year, right? For us to up 21% (the highest of any team in the league also), I think it adds up.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
FYI spoke to my rep this morning - renewal info goes out on Feb 5.

Please don’t devolve this into a “I’m not renewing” hate thread. There’s plenty of time for that when we see what the prices for next year will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad