Blender

Dec 2, 2009
822-DB276-EAE0-4828-8-C1-A-5-DF81-D4446-ED.jpg
3ab3c301-8d91-469f-b25f-64dd1c165561-jpeg.414021

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It really hasn’t been how he’s gotten his points but he’s been so good at jumping into the offensive rush. Picking the right moments and having the right spacing. That’s where the bunches of points will come in the future.

Chico made a good point that his skating was the biggest knock against him, and while he isn't a speedster for sure, he is really efficient and definitely good enough to do what he wants to do.

Reactions: glenwo2

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Chico made a good point that his skating was the biggest knock against him, and while he isn't a speedster for sure, he is really efficient and definitely good enough to do what he wants to do.
Idk why but he reminds me so much of Keith.....

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
That's one of my biggest issues with the complaints of Jack. He thinks the game at an elite level, but the difference between him and other 1oa picks that made the jump was 1 the drastic difference in competition and 2 his actual physical limitations. He certainly would have dominated the NCAA and not learned anything because the stuff that doesn't work in the NHL still does in college hockey. Factor that in with the fact that he is still extremely weak he is going to lose puck battles, the kid needs to take his lumps and that's the reality of it.

For me, there's some major immaturity in his game and IQ. His vision, passing, skating and ability to find soft ice are all elite and better than a lot of high end players - I've believed that since I saw him play next to Kane, Gaudreau and Eichel two years ago.

I don't want to turn him into Zajac or anything but I think the real goal with developing this kid is to get him to be himself while managing risk properly. I see him try to power through both blue lines and it's flat out stubbornness of trying to turn shit into gold because he doesn't know how else to approach it. Not necessarily elite IQ but elite raw material and processing potential?

We will know when he's truly arrived because it will be touch passes and a slow, steady stalking pace (instead of a skate and dangle-fest) all game long. Look at Crosby, McDavid, Kane, Kucherov without the puck and you'll see what I'm talking about. I think he's capable of getting there.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Greatest hits from the B's post game thread. While there are a few insisting that one of the goals should have counted, there are a couple that are pretty firm that they were not goals.

NESN post-game showing why that no-goal was absolutely the correct call. The puck was absolutely 100% covered up, and only came free because Krejci's stick smushes up the goalie's glove, which knocks it loose.

If that exact play is allowed it's free reign on goaltenders.

This isn't even close. That's not a goal.

It was so obvious too, but Brick just couldn't shut up. Completely covered on the ice and Krejci plows into him with the stick.

Love this one.

Are people going to finally give Mackenzie Blackwood the respect he deserves? He's a damn good goalie. About time Bruins fans give credit where credit is due

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Zacha having Merkley and Wood as his wingers definitely affects our perception of him as a center
He's played center for a few different lines, he's just not very effective at it. On the other hand, he's been great as a winger this year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
For me, there's some major immaturity in his game and IQ. His vision, passing, skating and ability to find soft ice are all elite and better than a lot of high end players - I've believed that since I saw him play next to Kane, Gaudreau and Eichel two years ago.

I don't want to turn him into Zajac or anything but I think the real goal with developing this kid is to get him to be himself while managing risk properly. I see him try to power through both blue lines and it's flat out stubbornness of trying to turn shit into gold because he doesn't know how else to approach it. Not necessarily elite IQ but elite raw material and processing potential?

We will know when he's truly arrived because it will be touch passes and a slow, steady stalking pace (instead of a skate and dangle-fest) all game long. Look at Crosby, McDavid, Kane, Kucherov without the puck and you'll see what I'm talking about. I think he's capable of getting there.

I think this is a pretty fair assessment.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
So I had a craving for a burger after Macs big performance so I decided to try the Wawa burger (wasn’t bad). Then this happened lol. It was nuts, windy as hell and there seems to be a lot of damage around Headliner. Tons of emergency vehicles there.

B532628A-7E42-431B-9EE3-5E5F515EE214.jpeg

Reactions: mdj12784 and Oneiro

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Is that 3 out of 4, or 4 out of 5 against the Bruins this year?

We seem to match up particularly well against them. Like us, they have a lot of trouble scoring goals.

4 out of 5. First game of the season OT SO loss. Second game Shara OT winner. Last three regulations wins.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We saw again tonight that his speed is an issue.

Now I think his overall game is very good, I've been very pleasantly surprised, but he get's burnt to the outside a bit more then you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00