Prospect Info: HFCF Prospect Poll: #4 (3way run-off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
that's what I meant though. Going by the same criteria, Janko is just as intriguing if not more. He's a 6'4 center who already has a strong 2-way game, and still has tons to offer on the offensive side. Centers like that don't grow on trees.

Don't disagree, I love Janko, he's a solid pick. I still prefer Kylington personally, but it's so close. If Janko blows up offensively this year then there's a good chance he's our top prospect for the reasons you mentioned.

I will add though, if Kylington hits his ceiling we could be looking at a player similar to Keith or Karlsson. If Janko hits his, I'm not sure he's an elite player?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't know why Janko was included, either. He was 7-8 votes behind Klimchuk and Kylington. Nothing against Janko, just don't think he should had been in this runoff.
because I was expecting more votes and in the first post I stated anyone within 10 of the leader would be included in the runoff.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I get the Kylington's ceiling is high but by god our own management that we praise to no end on here don't have him there assuredly. They picked a guy over him that we haven't even voted into a spot yet.

I was vehemently opposed to him being picked at 15 and people here still had huge boners for him. Not entirely surprised that hasn't abated.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I get the Kylington's ceiling is high but by god our own management that we praise to no end on here don't have him there assuredly. They picked a guy over him that we haven't even voted into a spot yet.

I was vehemently opposed to him being picked at 15 and people here still had huge boners for him. Not entirely surprised that hasn't abated.

then don't vote for him.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This is all your fault. :sarcasm:
I made the rules and decided to abide by them. In about 90 minutes I can declare a winner and start the next poll. While I voted Klimchuk, I am kinda proud that Janko is finally getting some recognition.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I would've picked Janko if it wasn't for Klimchuk. He definitely will dominate college hockey next season. What he showed during the Frozen Four proved he could dominate even in the limited minutes. A good development camp should give him the confidence, which is all he needs I think, for him to absolutely tear the league apart next season.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
In regards to Kylington being ahead of Hickey, Kylington played in a pro league at the age of 16. That is not very common and the fact that he was able to keep up with the pace of play in arguably the 2nd best league in the world shows how talented he is.

Due to his defensive game (or lack there of), Kylngton wasn't getting the minutes he needed with Farjestads so he was demoted, that's what hurt his draft stock this season. It still doesn't change what kind of athlete he is and the set of skills he posseses. Hickey is a great prospect and skater as well, but I don't view him as having that same kind of upside.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
In regards to Kylington being ahead of Hickey, Kylington played in a pro league at the age of 16. That is not very common and the fact that he was able to keep up with the pace of play in arguably the 2nd best league in the world shows how talented he is.

Due to his defensive game (or lack there of), Kylngton wasn't getting the minutes he needed with Farjestads so he was demoted, that's what hurt his draft stock this season. It still doesn't change what kind of athlete he is and the set of skills he posseses. Hickey is a great prospect and skater as well, but I don't view him as having that same kind of upside.

Like you say Hickey, doesn't have that kind of upside. But I personally think Hickey has a very high floor at this point. I also think he has a very strong chance at being a middle pairing player. Kylington, while having the higher upside feels like a bit of a coin flip at this point IMO. I guess it just depends how bullish you feel about each player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad