Prospect Info: HFCF Prospect Poll: #4 (3way run-off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think name recognition plays a part to be honest, we all know him from being highly ranked. Personally I still wanted him in round one this year, so I'm not going to change that because he went behind Andersson.

This is exactly how I feel, I would have been fine with him at 15. And if he was taken there, he would have been thought of in higher regard. Draft position means nothing now, there were reasons that he fell down the rankings last season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
CFHF Prospect Poll: #4 (3way run-off)

We had 3 players within 10 votes of one another, so it's time for a tie-breaker.

Mark Jankowski (7 votes)
Morgan Klimchuk (14 votes)
Oliver Kylington (15 votes)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I've merged it into one thread to reduce clutter. For posterity, here are the results of the initial poll:

-Andersson (1)
-Ferland (2)
-Granlund (2)
-Hickey (2)
-Jankowski (7)
-Klimchuk (14)
-Kylington (15)
-Morrison (1)
-Ortio (2)

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Still like Jankowski the best although I get it with Klimchuk. Kylington to me needs to show what hes got in a NA setting before I can put too much weight into his ability, I mean at this point I would take Hickey over him.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Gun to my head this is now easily Jankowski, he's by far the most interesting prospect 6'4" starting to fill out close to 200 and still has room to add. Best hands and passing of the remaining players and still maybe the most raw just because of how he missed the chl.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Orti... Wait, what?

Jankowski then.

How are the results so much different from CP's polls?

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Had to go with Jankowski, overall peak Potential is way too high. A Great two way center who has his offensive instincts would gives us insane Center depth. Bennett- Monahan- Jankowski- Arnold I mean look at that two way ability..

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
I dont even know why Kylington is in this conversation. I guess his potential ceiling? If that's the case then Janko is definitely up there as well.

Going by HF's system where a 8.0D>7.0B, the potential ceiling of Janko outweighs Klimchuk's too.

so I'm going for Janko

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I dont even know why Kylington is in this conversation. I guess his potential ceiling? If that's the case then Janko is definitely up there as well.

Going by HF's system where a 8.0D>7.0B, the potential ceiling of Janko outweighs Klimchuk's too.

so I'm going for Janko

Again, every time this question is asked, I refer to the "Gun to the Head" mentality. To me personally, after Bennett he is the most intriguing prospect we possess. For what he could become, I just think he's such an interesting prospect. Other than #93, he's the one guy I would prefer to keep over everyone else if given the choice.

I think Poirier, Klimchuk, Janko, Andersson and Gillies are excellent choices around this spot as well. Of that whole grouping, I see Gillies and Kylington as having the highest ceilings. Draft position means zilch to me.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Again, every time this question is asked, I refer to the "Gun to the Head" mentality. To me personally, after Bennett he is the most intriguing prospect we possess. For what he could become, I just think he's such an interesting prospect. Other than #93, he's the one guy I would prefer to keep over everyone else if given the choice.

I think Poirier, Klimchuk, Janko, Andersson and Gillies are excellent choices around this spot as well. Of that whole grouping, I see Gillies and Kylington as having the highest ceilings. Draft position means zilch to me.

that's what I meant though. Going by the same criteria, Janko is just as intriguing if not more. He's a 6'4 center who already has a strong 2-way game, and still has tons to offer on the offensive side. Centers like that don't grow on trees.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
that's what I meant though. Going by the same criteria, Janko is just as intriguing if not more. He's a 6'4 center who already has a strong 2-way game, and still has tons to offer on the offensive side. Centers like that don't grow on trees.

This, and then you have to consider that Janko has gotten rid of a lot of his risk factor by developing very well over three years so far. Kylington will hopefully be as good a prospect in a couple of years as Jankowski is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad