Prospect Info: HFCF Prospect Poll: #4 (3way run-off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We did this last summer, lets do it again.

I am going to start with some guidelines.

To be considered a prospect in these polls they must be under 26 (as of July 1st, 2015) and have fewer than 80 games of NHL experience (including playoffs).

I will set polls to expire in 48 hours. After 48 hours a winner shall be declared unless the winner has less than a 10 vote lead. At which point there will be a 24 poll that pits anyone within 10 votes of first against the leader. There will not be multiple runoff-polls so a win by 1 in a run-off poll will be final. After a winner is declared the next poll will be put up at my earliest convenience.

The current plan is vote on all 37 eligible prospects, but if participation dissipates it may stop sooner.

List of eligible prospects:
Agostino, Ken
Andersson, Rasmus
Arnold, Bill
Bennett, Sam
Bruce, Rily
Carroll, Austin
Culkin, Ryan
DeBlouw, Matt
Elson, Turner
Ferland, Micheal
Gillies, Jon
Gilmour, John
Granlund, Markus
Grant, Derek
Harrison, Tim
Hathaway, Garnet
Hickey, Brandon
Jankowski, Mark
Jooris, Josh
Kanzig, Keegan
Karnaukhov, Pavel
Klimchuk, Morgan
Kulak, Brett
Kylington, Oliver
Mangiapane, Andrew
McDonald, Mason
Morrison, Kenney
Ollas-Mattsson, Adam
Ortio, Joni
Poirier, Emile
Rafikov, Rushan
Shore, Drew
Sieloff, Patrick
Smith, Hunter
Van Brabant, Bryce
Wolf, David
Wotherspoon, Tyler

Rankings:
1. Sam Bennett http://hfboards.mandatory.com/sh....php?t=1927891
2. Emile Poirier http://hfboards.mandatory.com/sh....php?t=1928091
3. Jon Gillies http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1929015

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Voted the Janks.

Still don't get why Kylington deserves to be up here. He's just a few weeks removed from teams not picking him 59 consecutive times. He's one of those guys I'm keeping my expectations low on, and hoping to be pleasantly surprised. :dunno:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Voted the Janks.

Still don't get why Kylington deserves to be up here. He's just a few weeks removed from teams not picking him 59 consecutive times. He's one of those guys I'm keeping my expectations low on, and hoping to be pleasantly surprised. :dunno:

For me, his draft position has nothing to do with it. He is one of the most talented dman in that draft regardless and a whole bunch of GM's may regret passing on him if he pans out. Gun to my head, for his upside and talent, he's very high on my list.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I see, why 80 games as the criteria though, seems high.

Doesn't really matter I guess. Have no idea where to rank Jooris relative to the other prospects though.
The reason why I picked 80 is basically because we all consider Shore a prospect and he 79 career games :laugh:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The reason why I picked 80 is basically because we all consider Shore a prospect and he 79 career games :laugh:

Hm fair point. I was just thinking that if Baertschi was still Flames property we would probably still consider him a prospect, so 80 isn't a stretch.

I just tend to think of Jooris as pretty established. He is already 25 so we pretty much know what we have got in him I feel. Easy to forget he has only played 69 NHL games.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hm fair point. I was just thinking that if Baertschi was still Flames property we would probably still consider him a prospect, so 80 isn't a stretch.

I just tend to think of Jooris as pretty established. He is already 25 so we pretty much know what we have got in him I feel. Easy to forget he has only played 69 NHL games.
I think guys like Jooris & Shore are where the line blurs. Jooris may be 25 but he is also only completed his 2nd pro season and is waiver exempt this coming season. I get why some don't want to consider him a prospect, but I wanted to lay down a criteria that included Shore but didn't include Gaudreau.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How so? His season high is 43 games.
I thought all his games with the Panthers were with the same team. :laugh:

But 50 would eliminate Granlund as he played 48+3 this year and he is very much a prospect still IMO.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No reason to include playoff games. You don't count them for rookie status...
I believe a game played is a game played, they count towards waivers as well and I think waivers is a closer to defining a prospect than rookie status.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I believe a game played is a game played, they count towards waivers as well and I think waivers is a closer to defining a prospect than rookie status.

Well, I feel that the number of games out of 82 gives you a good idea of how much a part of the team they are (provided they're healthy). Once you change that denominator, you should change the numerator too.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well, I feel that the number of games out of 82 gives you a good idea of how much a part of the team they are (provided they're healthy). Once you change that denominator, you should change the numerator too.
Either way, it's all subjective. Which is why I laid down my criteria for prospect when I made the first poll.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Voted Klimchuk.

Curious if people are voting Kylington ahead of Andersson & Morrisson based on pure potential or if they actually think he's a better player? I personally think Andersson is our most underrated prospect and will turn into a gem with a few years development.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Wanna vote hickey but he needs another year to raise his stock. So I voted klimchuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad