OT: HFBoards street hockey team / pick up games/ garage leagues

Basszor

Sep 29, 2008
Montreal
So what went down? How many people were there? How long did you play for? etc...

At first we were like 7. And then some guys came so in total i'd say we were 11-12 peoples. We played till 20H30 aprox. so a good 2 hours of hockey.

jnthomas

Aug 28, 2008
Montreal
that would be nice ! , ohh and was there 2 goalies ?

Not even 1 :(

But then again we didn't have the nets either. I was wondering when we'd have them for sure (i.e. when I'd need to go buy some gear, unless someone else does, so you peeps can shell me).

Gros Bill

Sep 4, 2002
Visit site
Not even 1 :(

But then again we didn't have the nets either. I was wondering when we'd have them for sure (i.e. when I'd need to go buy some gear, unless someone else does, so you peeps can shell me).

No need for nets, just use running shoes as goal posts. It's been done before. Drawback : one player per team playing barefoot (or 2 guys with only one shoe, not much better). Barefoot goalie would be okay, I guess. You see, tout s'arrange.

jnthomas

Aug 28, 2008
Montreal
No need for nets, just use running shoes as goal posts. It's been done before. Drawback : one player per team playing barefoot (or 2 guys with only one shoe, not much better). Barefoot goalie would be okay, I guess. You see, tout s'arrange.

Its a tad cold right now for no shoes :)

But we can have nets, they were just in storage.

Gros Bill

Sep 4, 2002
Visit site
Its a tad cold right now for no shoes :)

But we can have nets, they were just in storage.

Too cold? Ha! Back in my day we were glad if we just had socks. Socks and an orange at Christmas. Why, we used to walk 8 miles to school, both ways uphill and against the wind. We broke branches off trees to use as sticks and used horse droppings as a puck. Lemme see, am I forgetting anything?

jnthomas

Aug 28, 2008
Montreal
Too cold? Ha! Back in my day we were glad if we just had socks. Socks and an orange at Christmas. Why, we used to walk 8 miles to school, both ways uphill and against the wind. We broke branches off trees to use as sticks and used horse droppings as a puck. Lemme see, am I forgetting anything?

Probably how a quarter got you 2 hotdogs, a fry and a coke?

DailyKaizen

Hey guys! All things considered it was alright. I was pleased to see a lot of the HF crew turn out! I think it is safe to say we all had fun but the major issue is Goaltending which should be solved ASAP...

Basszor can you please call the city and ask them to put the Nets out?

So...Friday guys shall we do it again?

jnthomas

Aug 28, 2008
Montreal
Hey guys! All things considered it was alright. I was pleased to see a lot of the HF crew turn out! I think it is safe to say we all had fun but the major issue is Goaltending which should be solved ASAP...

I'll be there.

Basszor

Sep 29, 2008
Montreal

They can't do anything untill there's no more ice but they should put them out soon. But we shouldn't use garbage can again as nets. We had all the trouble in the world scoring a goal :laugh:

White Spy

Spy vs Blades
Jun 26, 2008
When's the next game?? I'm in for sure (if we still have room). I have a set of goalie equipment and a net too. Where do/did you guys play?

Basszor

Sep 29, 2008
Montreal
When's the next game?? I'm in for sure (if we still have room). I have a set of goalie equipment and a net too. Where do/did you guys play?

Friday. And if you bring the goalie gear and net we'd be REALLY happy. Note: there's always room for people ;)

Basszor

Sep 29, 2008
Montreal
Btw I still don't know what time we're going to play. However, Mike (Giovanni) will probably tell us before the end of the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad