GDT: HFBoards GDT | 5/13/21 |1 Game that has meaning and two games that are just there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Ours is sadder, like an ASPCA commercial
DrewDoughtySmile.jpg

In the arms of an angel, fly awayyyyyy...

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
That should most likely do it..

Locks in the "better" matchups. Better for the lower seeds...

Avs will have a tough time with STL and so will Vegas with Minny....

For sure. I think as a Blues fan we have a 0% chance of beating the Knights but about 20% against the Avs. We can’t beat Vegas 4 times.

And Wild fans feel the opposite.

Honestly I’m surprised the Avs didn’t try to lose on purpose. Unless they think home ice will be a big deal in 3 weeks.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
For sure. I think as a Blues fan we have a 0% chance of beating the Knights but about 20% against the Avs. We can’t beat Vegas 4 times.

Honestly I’m surprised the Avs didn’t try to lose on purpose. Unless they think home ice will be a big deal in 3 weeks.
yeah, home ice against Vegas is much more important to me than getting Minny instead of St Louis (which is not a slight to st louis, but if we can't beat either minny or st louis we're not going to be able to win the last two rounds to win the cup anyway)

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

That's because I don't think the Avs are worried about the Blues.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

I mean they are sitting MacKinnon and playing their 3rd string goalie in a game that decides the Presidents trophy race...

That said. The goal for the Avs even with all these goddamn injuries that keep piling up all the time for some reason really will is to go very far this season. Home ice is key in that.
I agree that I'd rather play the Wild over the Blues but how goddamn stupid would we look if we lost this one on purpose only to get upset by the Wild somehow...

MacKinnon and his health will be key. Its not looking like he will be at full strength against the Blues so a lot will come down to goaltending and as I said injuries I guess...
Avs have enough firepower and talent to decisively win the series but the Blues and their hard hitting style + all of their experienced vets certainly won't make it easy on them. If Binnington outplays Grubauer, they have a real shot at this considering the state of MacKinnon and the Avs.

Will be one hell of a series. Win or Lose I just hope there won't be a ton of injuries. I want whatever team wins the series to go far (I don't like the Blues at all but I hate the Wild more and recently the Golden Knights are getting up there as well)..

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
To be fair no King has thrown a hit this season and they want to get these jerseys off quickly to go golfing
also, it really wasn't that bad of a hit, but getting graves off the ice for a few minutes isn't really a sacrifice either

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
ROR does scare me stoping the top line but I guess top line will be broken splitting Mack and Rants if that's happens. I'm not worried of the Blues if we come in healthy we should be able to win this. If Grubs gets hurt I will start getting worried :laugh:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
ROR does scare me stoping the top line but I guess top line will be broken splitting Mack and Rants if that's happens. I'm not worried of the Blues if we come in healthy we should be able to win this. If Grubs gets hurt I will start getting worried :laugh:

That's good.

I like being an underdog. The national media love the Avs and the Knights...so lets give them something to talk about.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I mean they are sitting MacKinnon and playing their 3rd string goalie in a game that decides the Presidents trophy race...

That said. The goal for the Avs even with all these goddamn injuries that keep piling up all the time for some reason really will is to go very far this season. Home ice is key in that.
I agree that I'd rather play the Wild over the Blues but how goddamn stupid would we look if we lost this one on purpose only to get upset by the Wild somehow...

MacKinnon and his health will be key. Its not looking like he will be at full strength against the Blues so a lot will come down to goaltending and as I said injuries I guess...
Avs have enough firepower and talent to decisively win the series but the Blues and their hard hitting style + all of their experienced vets certainly won't make it easy on them. If Binnington outplays Grubauer, they have a real shot at this considering the state of MacKinnon and the Avs.

Will be one hell of a series. Win or Lose I just hope there won't be a ton of injuries. I want whatever team wins the series to go far (I don't like the Blues at all but I hate the Wild more and recently the Golden Knights are getting up there as well)..

They’re the most talented team in hockey fully healthy. Bar none. But soooo many guys that are either banged up or are made of glass. Grubauer might be as important as Nate is as far as that goes.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
We played a bit better against the blues than the wild in the regular season. We just happened to catch the blues right after coming back from COVID break.

Either way, if you can’t get past the Wild or Blues, you aren’t a cup team, so what does it matter?

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Blues will still be a tight and tough series for the Avs and ALL of the pressure will be on the Avs.

Reactions: Mules
Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
Looking forward to these playoffs in the west. Really good top 4 teams in the division (Stl finally getting into form) and the underdogs get their preferred matchups (assuming LA does not pull off a miracle).

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
We played a bit better against the blues than the wild in the regular season. We just happened to catch the blues right after coming back from COVID break.

Either way, if you can’t get past the Wild or Blues, you aren’t a cup team, so what does it matter?

True, but every matchup except the North looks like a serious potential for an upset.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Really looking forward to these playoffs in the west. Really good top 4 teams in the division (Stl finally getting into form) and the underdogs get their preferred matchups.

Blues are 8-1-3 to end the year. Wild seem to be the only team in the league that have figured out Vegas.

Those 2, the Florida series, and Boston-Washington are the 4 I’m looking forward to most.

Reactions: Griefer

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
They’re the most talented team in hockey fully healthy. Bar none. But soooo many guys that are either banged up or are made of glass. Grubauer might be as important as Nate is as far as that goes.

Yeah. Never bet against the Avs losing players to injury. Don't know if it is Bednars system or if someone offended the hockey god but it has been awful over the last 2-3 years.
I am in fact very interested what the bookmakers will do about this one...
Could even see myself laying a bit of money on STL depending on the odds. Would atleast give me something to be happy about if you guys bounce us which is certainly possible (and depending on how they weigh the MacKinnon injury situation could be one hell of a bet)...

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hope Avs get 5 more goals.

Embarrass the f*** out of these losers.

I hope they celebrate every one of them like Nail Yakupov, I want the goalie shooting full rink.​

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006

Pretty sure the players (and maybe also staff) get bonuses for winning the President’s Trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad