GDT: HFBoards GDT | 5/13/21 |1 Game that has meaning and two games that are just there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Now, this isn't something the Avs will let themselves worry about, because they'll be overwhelming favorites in the 1st round, and rightfully so, regardless of their opponent. Further, potential home ice vs. Las Vegas is important as well.

That being said, if we get Blues/Avs and Wild/Golden Knights, those are the matchups where I could see an underdog winning. If it's Wild/Avs and Blues/Golden Knights, I can't see it. Both look like mismatches for the underdog.

Curious to see what we'll get.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Now, this isn't something the Avs will let themselves worry about, because they'll be overwhelming favorites in the 1st round, and rightfully so, regardless of their opponent. Further, potential home ice vs. Las Vegas is important as well.

That being said, if we get Blues/Avs and Wild/Golden Knights, those are the matchups where I could see an underdog winning. If it's Wild/Avs and Blues/Golden Knights, I can't see it. Both look like mismatches for the underdog.

neither the blues nor minny upsetting us would be super surprising (I mean, I'd expect us to win either series, but both teams are good and are capable of pulling an upset or two in the playoffs, it's not last season's Arizona matchup). I'd really like to have home ice in round 2 if both favorites win though. I assume Vegas fans feel similarly.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Agreed.

Wild match up against the Knights quite well. Blues are just a dangerous team if they decide they want to go to work, regardless of who the are playing.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
neither the blues nor minny upsetting us would be super surprising (I mean, I'd expect us to win either series, but both teams are good and are capable of pulling an upset or two in the playoffs, it's not last season's Arizona matchup). I'd really like to have home ice in round 2 if both favorites win though. I assume Vegas fans feel similarly.

Yeah, like I said, it's not something you can let yourself worry about. If either team plays their best hockey, they shouldn't lose (I would say "wouldn't" but you never know when a hot goalie will pop up). Speaking more from an "interesting matchups" perspective. I can't get out of my head that couple of games where the Wild went to Denver and got absolutely obliterated. While it's not a Coyotes situation from a year ago where the team is completely overmatched in every possible way, it just feels like the Avs are too good vs the Minnesota lineup.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yes, I think so. Minnesota seems to have a better record against Vegas and I think St. Louis has a better chance against Colorado than they do Vegas.
Of all the teams in the western conference as we once knew it, Vegas has the worst record against the Wild since they joined the league. 5-11-0 all time.

Then again if we don't get Pacioretty and Martinez back at some point in round 1 it may not matter which we draw. Martinez especially. We can win games without Pacioretty. Martinez is so much better than our 7th defenseman, Holden, that it would be a nightmare if he's not ready to go.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
So is it correct that if the Avs win their last game they will finish 1st? Same number of points but only 39 wins to Vegas 40. Will have same number of ROW but what is the next determining factor?

upload_2021-5-14_11-33-38.png

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Walker in all alone & buries it

WHAT PENALTY
You on the Avs feed?

They thought a run of the mill arm shove in the first five minutes was a hooking :laugh: stick blade nowhere near the Colorado player's arm and they missed "hooking"

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
You on the Avs feed?

They thought a run of the mill arm shove in the first five minutes was a hooking :laugh: stick blade nowhere near the Colorado player's arm and they missed "hooking"

Yeah but normally they call tripping even though Burakovsky coughed it up. Good non call.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah but normally they call tripping even though Burakovsky coughed it up. Good non call.
They're talking about it now. They couldn't even name what the penalty was, literally said "slashing or hooking, don't know what but definitely a penalty" then they show a pretty whatever slash to the stick. Certainly didn't look like much and certainly wasn't why Burakovsky fell which is what they were bitching about. I forgot how hard COL's broadcast crew is to listen to.

Reactions: tny760

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
So is it correct that if the Avs win their last game they will finish 1st? Same number of points but only 39 wins to Vegas 40. Will have same number of ROW but what is the next determining factor?

View attachment 433647
first tie breaker is regulation wins, which avs are up 34-30 (before this game)

yes...vegas is 9-0 in the 3 on 3

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
stick on stick doesn't get called a slash unless there's a broken stick involved

that was a hard stick check that punished an overly aggressive play

tough luck

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
stick on stick doesn't get called a slash unless there's a broken stick involved

that was a hard stick check that punished an overly aggressive play

tough luck
I give it 50/50 odds they cry about it again at some point in the second period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad