GDT: HFBoards GDT | 5/13/21 |1 Game that has meaning and two games that are just there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
5-13.jpg

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
well, it actually takes a miracle for COL to get the no.1 seed but never say never (please see below)

for COL with a ROW tonight against LA to get no.1 seed we need to go to the #3 tie breaking procedure

Tie Break #1: ROW -- 39/38
Tie Break #2: Against Team Play -- 4 ROW / 4 ROW
Tie Break #3: Diff. -- VGK +7 over COL

so we need to see a +8 differential for COL
and if by any chance we get... say a 8-1 win... (+7), the following will happen

A tiebreaking game will be played.
An equally weighted draw will be conducted by the League - promptly upon the conclusion of the last game of the regular season - to determine home-ice advantage for the game.
Should the score of that game be tied at the end of regulation, overtime will be conducted under the rules that are in effect for the Stanley Cup Playoffs (i.e., five-on-five skaters, sudden-death, 20-minute periods until a winner is determined).
upload_2021-5-13_9-13-14.png

Last edited:

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
well, it actually takes a miracle for COL to get the no.1 seed but never say never (please see below)

for COL with a ROW tonight against LA to get no.1 seed we need to go to the #3 tie breaking procedure

Tie Break #1: ROW -- 39/39

An equally weighted draw will be conducted by the League - promptly upon the conclusion of the last game of the regular season - to determine home-ice advantage for the game.
Should the score of that game be tied at the end of regulation, overtime will be conducted under the rules that are in effect for the Stanley Cup Playoffs (i.e., five-on-five skaters, sudden-death, 20-minute periods until a winner is determined).
View attachment 433421

Isn’t RW first then ROW?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Tie Break #1: ROW -- 39/39

View attachment 433421
Nope it's actually quite simple. Colorado wins in any way and they win the President's trophy. RW is the first tie breaker.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
RW 34 vs 30 and is the first tiebreaker, then ROW, so all Avs need to do is win.
RW not ROW. Colorado holds the first tie breaker which is regular win.
thanks, I wasnt aware that RW was addded to the list (2018)...
last interesting tie braking scenario that happened for me, ROW was at the top of the list and never notice the change for that specific rule

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
thanks, I wasnt aware that RW was addded to the list (2018)...
last interesting tie braking scenario that happened for me, ROW was at the top of the list and never notice the change for that specific rule

I didn't realize until this year either.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Should be extra motivated tonight, no matter what your salary is, 30k is a nice chunk of change. Nice vacation somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad