GDT: HFBoards GDT 4/24/21 | 11 games with some early starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The only hope I have for the Blues anymore is that they make HF Avs lose their shit. Seems to be working today.
Sorry we're not used to losing a period of hockey. BTW Cale Makar is the only defenseman in the league that's over a point per game right now. He's going to have a 100 point season in his career.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Sorry we're not used to losing a period of hockey. BTW Cale Makar is the only defenseman in the league that's over a point per game right now. He's going to have a 100 point season in his career.
I dont doubt it. I can't wait to see what you guys are up to during the Vegas series this year. Should be pretty spicy.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The only hope I have for the Blues anymore is that they make HF Avs lose their shit. Seems to be working today.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be upset if we lost this game. Entertaining game with the Blues getting a decent amount of puck luck, if the Avs were getting severely outplayed then that would be a cause of concern.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Honestly, I wouldn't even be upset if we lost this game. Entertaining game with the Blues getting a decent amount of puck luck, if the Avs were getting severely outplayed then that would be a cause of concern.
Even if they were getting severely outplayed, that happens with the best teams at some point, doesn’t matter as much in the broader context of their last 12 or so games

It’s not like the Blues are even an awful team normally, they’ve had more adversity than most and not every team will respond the same. They’re still plenty capable of winning more than they have this season next season. Maybe it’s just injuries, maybe it’s coaching and a change will fire them up, I don’t think they’re the best team in the league but I think they’re better than we’ve seen this year

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Avs off the bar in the dying seconds of the 1st period.

Just no defence whatsoever being played.
I would say it’s more about turnovers in transition than “no defense”.

Avs overconfident and or underestimating a good team that’s had a bad season, and they’re taking risky breakout plays and handing the puck over. When that happens, you scramble.

They need to relax and be responsible

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

That's a really big thing to guarantee. The last defenseman to do that was Brian Leetch in 91-92.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'll never get why players can flat out slide tackle others with their legs but do it with your stick and it's a trip

Yeah, I thought the same should have been a penalty on the Blues player there on Jost.

Some brutal turnovers by the Blues as well in their own zone, playing with fire doing that against a lethal Avs team.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
St Louis is the sloppiest team in their own zone I've watched and that includes the California teams.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Even rangers fans have heard enough of Adam Fox to complain when he’s mentioned :laugh:
(I assume rangers?)

Yeah, I like us getting some positive press and some people still don't think he's a #1 defenseman so maybe it's needed but Pierre's man crush on him is hilarious and a little creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad