Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
To whom it may concern, how does it feel to be completely wrong about this core for 8 years despite being slapped int he face by the evidence every spring.

Blow it up. Marner will go down as the single biggest loser in the history of this franchise. There is no better word to describe an athlete like that. If he cries after this series he's just a bitch 🤣 what could you possibly cry about when you didn't do anything.

That overtime was sad. Get a real goalie, Woll is made of glass trade everyone besides Nylander, Knies, McCabe and some of the support guys for all i care.

Matthews returned to suck up all the oxygen and show the world what a loser he is again.

Honest question... have we ever had a "core" forward making a high cap it being an absolute LOSER in the playoffs like marner is? I can't think of any

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
And, how many hockey games have you coached and at what levels?

I have coached at very high levels including kids who are now NHLers so do us all a favor and get off of your little horsey. I don't know why I am even entertaining your nonsense tbh.

It should also be pointed out that most coaches including AAA are absolute jokes as far as hockey knowledge is concerned. You are clearly an example of this as blaming the goaltender when Reilly let Pastrnak blow past him and go in all alone untouched. Samsonov would have had to make a split second decision to go after that puck and it is simply a play that very few goalies would be able to succesfully make. But please do tell how often you had to deal with elite, pre-set plays like that one lol.

Any coach who has half a clue does not blame the goaltender as the reason that this goal was scored. I will be speaking with a buddy who was a former NHL goaltender tomorrow and I guarantee you that he will disagree with you......perhaps you should have coached him lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
the Dubas supporters want Shanny fired because he kicked there boy to the curb like a piece of garbage

I want Shanny fired simply because this isn't acceptable.

I'd like a better hockey person hired here in a President/GM role.

Even if it makes the Dubas losers happy for a day or two, it will still be the correct move as much as those douchebags need to learn their place still.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I agree. Keefe mentioned the same in his post-game interview. He said the team finally bought in to playing a different and more patient style of play. Which raises the question, has and is the team tuning out their coaches?

If they were, why didn’t he take a harder line and staple a few players butts to the bench and make them buy in?

Patient style of play? This team has too much offensive firepower to play Barry Trotz Islanders hockey

Find a coach who can utilize our strengths and not completely sap the offense.

Reactions: Kurtz

BackPassChampions

Jun 26, 2015
IMG_4235.jpeg

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
You knew the loss was incoming after you heard "Liljegren loses the battle" for the 100th time this series.
He and Rielly. That shot block attempt on the tieing goal looked like he was trying to ride a horse side saddle.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
detecting a lot less anger on the forums this time around

if this is a reflection of the fan base as a whole, probably not a good thing, as it means that complacency might be setting in again and interest declining overall.

The way things are with this team losing all the time amongst other factors, ownership better hope they haven't drowned out their fanbase again with yet another game 7 loss and just one win in 20 years.

Remember this happened about 10 years ago when for the first time in many decades they weren't selling out home games as they were before... that's when ownership got off their @sses and scrambled to hire Babcock and make other changes to earn the fanbase back again

Seems like there's less attention here tonight.

Wonder if the same thing might be happening again

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Probably posted already but Jesus Christ.

lol this is also comedy

not a day goes by when someone hasn't created some kind of new irrelevant statistic that has 4 or 5 clauses to it

it's the 5th year in a row that a playoff team has lost in the first round when leading after 2 periods by 3 or more goals when taking less than 2 penalties when the opposing team had their backup goalie in with a save percentage of 852 and let in no less than 5 goals in all previous playoff game 4 appearances

these things are stupid now lol

• Haha
Reactions: binop7

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
Probably posted already but Jesus Christ. This team and core is incapable of rising to the occasion.

2019: Lose 5-1
2020: Lose 3-0
2021: Lose 3-1
2022: Lose 2-1
2024: Lose 2-1

Most unclutch group of players imaginable.

i think this is the worst part for me

I'm watching other series and it's 4-2 or 4-3 or whatever

and we're struggling to even score a single goal for 80% of a game. With like $40m of offence on 4 dudes.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
At this point, the X's ans O's don't really matter. The result does.

It's time to turn the page. New management. New coaches. New players. New outcomes. Time.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
detecting a lot less anger on the forums this time around

if this is a reflection of the fan base as a whole, probably not a good thing, as it means that complacency might be setting in again and interest declining overall.

The way things are with this team losing all the time amongst other factors, ownership better hope they haven't drowned out their fanbase again with yet another game 7 loss and just one win in 20 years.

Remember this happened about 10 years ago when for the first time in many decades they weren't selling out home games as they were before... that's when ownership got off their @sses and scrambled to hire Babcock and make other changes to earn the fanbase back again

Seems like there's less attention here tonight.

Wonder if the same thing might be happening again
I think many of us are just tired of saying and feeling the same thing over and over. A lot of posters are 'burnt out' and a lot of the angry posts have been said already multiple times.

I do agre with your 2nd point...complacency...just not caring, might be a worse sign than anger.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Keefe won't be fired. Completely new coaching staff under him. Marner for Saros and cap space.

Done with Marner fully and completely.

Keefe is gone, there’s too much smoke around that. They are going to change up the culture. Keefe is gone to Pittsburgh, same with Pridham.

My prediction for new coach is Cooper, Quinnville or Berube

Reactions: Gallagbi and bax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad