GDT: HFBoards GDT | 4/2/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Like I said, the whole team is playing poorly and has been just above a .500 team since Jan 1st.
This loss (assuming the score holds) is not just on Sparks.
We will see if they can turn the switch on when the playoffs start.
I have my doubts but anything is possible.
After tonight game, they're 20-20 since January 1st.

5 of these losses were in OT.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Nobody except Viqsi and 3 other fans wants Columbus in the playoffs. At least there seem to be a lot of passionate Carolina fans on here... Anyway, ratings for Columbus/Carolina vs Tampa are going to suck ass. It's in the NHL's best interest to have the mecca of hockey, Montreal, face off a team like Tampa.

Damn right!

Reactions: Devonator

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
why? its still hockey and it's called a rivalry.

Try to remember Clarke was considered a hero for what he did to Kharlamovs ankle back in the day.
This is 2019. So because Montreal might be eliminated, they should purposely try and injure their opponents? How old are you?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Weird comment but okay. I'm looking forward to the game because it would essentially be a wildcard game. All of Canada will be tuned in, and a leafs win would rejuvenate the rivalry.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto rests players and hands the game to Montreal.
:laugh:

Preemptive strike in case they lose ?

Nice.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
This is 2019. So because Montreal might be eliminated, they should purposely try and injure their opponents? How old are you?

Let me reverse the question with how soft are you? Back in the day your leafs played a great style of hockey that took them further than anything this current roster you love can do. Roberts, Domi, Tucker, Corson, Green, Belak, Nolan...you're gonna wish you had an ounce of that by next week.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Why ?

I'm a Montréal fan, but still...

Sigh..this is what I mean man...the way the league has gone, kids these days have forgot to root for whatever it took to watch the rival team absolutely crumble.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Let me reverse the question with how soft are you? Back in the day your leafs played a great style of hockey that took them further than anything this current roster you love can do. Roberts, Domi, Tucker, Corson, Green, Belak, Nolan...you're gonna wish you had an ounce of that by next week.

You're not wrong. It's no surprise that the last time the Leafs made it past the first round, we had guys like Roberts, Tucker, and Domi in the lineup.

If I'm being honest, I would swap out Matthews and Nylander in a heartbeat for a prime Roberts and Tucker for this coming playoffs. They epitomized everything that this current Leafs team isn't.

Reactions: JJ68

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
That was a weird call, but I think the right one. His stick was on the puck the whole time.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
You're not wrong. It's no surprise that the last time the Leafs made it past the first round, we had guys like Roberts, Tucker, and Domi in the lineup.

If I'm being honest, I would swap out Matthews and Nylander in a heartbeat for a prime Roberts and Tucker for this coming playoffs. They epitomized everything that this current Leafs team isn't.
That was 15 years ago. I grew up in an era much tougher than that one. Wishing “hurt” on a team, rival or not, is kind of pathetic and even more pathetic if your team is already out of the playoffs.

That said, I wish we had some sandpaper on this team for sure.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Yup, you got me, I'm soft....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad