GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/31/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
i enjoy this wings team, with all the old people out and all the young physical, skilled players playing. I dont even care if its costing them a chance at the #1. Id rather with with the youngsters then lose/win with the old folks brigade.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The ease that Smith's mask comes off is ridiculous. The league really needs to act on it.

However, this time was justified. Taking a shot of the mask with that velocity will undo/loosen the straps.
Yeah, I just realized that after the play had happened. However, this is literally the only pass that he gets :laugh:... The rest have been garbage.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Not sure why you're trying to start an argument about who's the biggest tough guy.
Bennett isn't a tough guy but he'll fight anyone if necessary.

But really that isn't the Flames MO. They're a high speed, high skill team and that's the way they'll beat you.
I thought it would be the interesting sidebar in a game that doesn't mean a whole lot to the Sharks.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I thought it would be the interesting sidebar in a game that doesn't mean a whole lot to the Sharks.
Beating the Flames doesn't mean a lot?? Well then I guess the Sharks players are a lot different than their fans.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

This isn't a game that means a lot to the Sharks? Come on now... You're still chasing the Flames and still have chance of clinching the top seed barring a collapse by the Flames.

Reactions: MordredGK

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Lucky goal for the Flames but teams usually make their own luck. 4-1 now for the Flames.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Clinching/Elimination Scenarios for March 31st

:starsWill clinch a playoff spot if Arizona lose to MinnesotaDid Not Clinch
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It took a huge effort from the Sharks last night to pull out of that losing streak and beat Vegas, just don't have it tonight.

That said, when you suck that bad for that long it almost always takes some time to get consistency. It's usually a fairly slow building process.

Not a great position to be at with 3 games to go in the regular season. Hopefully EK and Pavs really do provide a spark and make the team better instantly, not just on paper.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

You do realize if the flames win they clinch conference and the only team that could have pulled ahead was the Sharks, right?
I think this game meant a lot to both teams.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
The ease that Smith's mask comes off is ridiculous. The league really needs to act on it.

However, this time was justified. Taking a shot of the mask with that velocity will undo/loosen the straps.

Goalie masks have been flying off all season long, I don't know what it is, or if it's just purely strategy, but yes, the league needs to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad