GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/31/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Did you catch last nights Sharks game or was this your 1st?
If I’m not mistaken, Subban was in net, and the sharks needed extra time to get it done.

That being said, I don’t think they get swept, Sharks offense should make things competitive

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You guys keep harping on about the Sharks backup goaltender, yet Mike Smith was even worse and he is going to be their game 1 starter. :help:

Sharks fans want to talk big about goaltending? LMAO

giphy.gif

Reactions: Hank Plank

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Vegas basically has a 1st round bye in the playoffs. No way this weak Sharks team beats them in a 7 game series. What happened to them?

Reactions: MordredGK

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Did you catch last nights Sharks game or was this your 1st?
Last night Vegas played Subban in goal and he's just f***ing awful... and even with that advantage the Sharks barely squeezed out a win.
Nope... if San Jose has to face MAF in net the Sharks are done like dinner as Tiger used to say.

Last edited:

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Last night Vegas played Subban in goal and he's just ****ing awful... and even with that advantage the Sharks barely squeezed out a win.
Nope... if San Jose has to face MAF in net the Sharks are done like dinner as Tiger used to say.
It wasn't just Subban who took a beating on the Knights last game
MAF going to be ready to go ?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Last night Vegas played Subban in goal and he's just ****ing awful... and even with that advantage the Sharks barely squeezed out a win.

And the Sharks were missing Karlsson and Pavelski and their skaters dominated the game.

Your assessment is entirely inaccurate.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Martin jones has 35 wins thats good enough for 5th overall how is that horrific?
Yep. 35 wins is pretty good. The Sharks are lucky to have a #1 goalie of Martin's caliber. Not sure why so many Sharks fans always complain about him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yep. 35 wins is pretty good. The Sharks are lucky to have a #1 goalie of Martin's caliber. Not sure why so many Sharks fans always complain about him.
Yep Jones definitely got those 35 wins himself. Didn’t have anything to do with the team in front of him.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What the f***?

Has to be sarcasm.

He's average at the VERY best. You can't be serious by saying the Sharks are lucky to have Jones. Do you know how many teams don't have at least one goalie at least as good or BETTER than Jones? I'm gonna say all but maybe 5-7?

Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, Edmonton and maybe Buffalo and Ottawa. Detroit is also a maybe. That doesn't mean every team not mentioned has a goalie better than Jones, it just means that every team not mentioned has a goalie that's at least AS good as Jones, if not better than Jones.

You're kidding yourself if you think Jones is good. If you really think Jones is good, you don't know much about goalies around the league.

I'd love to hear you explain this. Are you sure you just don't just think he's good because you see how many wins he has and how good his team is and think ''Welp! They're a good team, their goalie has a lot of wins! They're always in the playoffs! Must be pretty good!''.

He plays on one of the best teams in the league this year, yet he's got probably the second worst save percentage in the league among starters. Second to only Jonathan Quick. And in previous years? He hasn't been much better than average, if any better than average.

I'm not saying Jones is the worst starting goalie in the league, but I am saying that he's the most pedestrian starting goalie in the league.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And they're gonna be done because the goalie you think the Sharks are lucky to have is a f***in sieve.

Who didn't even outplay Subban last game, they both f***in sucked, but the Sharks were better that game.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
That's the season summary, but I think he meant just 2019 Smith (since the calendar year change, Smith has actually been playing really well. Tonight was crap, but he has generally been 0.920 save percentage since the new year. Hell, before tonight, his last 4 games he was 3-1-0 with a 1.26 GAA and a 0.943 sv%).

Hey as long as he keeps playing like that in the playoffs then Calgary are going to be in great shape. Good luck to them - I hope they do well

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now that I think about it, did I get duped on my first April Fools joke here? It was not yet the 1st for many of us when this was posted (off by just one minute EST), but perhaps it already was your time. :laugh:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Aaron Dell is awful. Jones is better but not by much. I could never understand why people would say that they didn't believe that Calgary is a contender because of poor goaltending but San Jose would get a pass on that aspect of their game... And they kept saying it even up till now. Strange.
Smith wasn't great tonight. He wasn't good tonght. He was less than average..? But one excuse that he does have is that it's tough to stay engaged in a game when you face 6 shots in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd, and 6 in the 3rd. Smith plays his best when he gets a lot of work. Tonight wasn't one of those nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->