GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/31/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
People can laugh about the Sharks looking terrible in this game, but Smith has given up 3 goals on 14 shots.
And it's his contract year, UFA end of season. Does he have family in Edmonton or something, cos he's playing like he wants to be signed as the Oilers next starter.

Still better than whatever is in the Sharks net

Reactions: Mitts

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Well.... to say I was surprised by Calgary this season would be an understatement

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Derek Ryan and Elias Lindlholm were the only Flames 12 forwards that didn't get a point tonight and 4 out of the 6 d-men got a point too.
That's called depth.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Your definition of horrific is strange
Both goalies sub .900 save %

I mean, if anything it's made it more impressive that the Sharks have done as well as they have since they've had to outscore their own goalies, but yes, horrific isn't a stretch

Reactions: tmurfin

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
It's hard to get in the groove when your offense and defense is completing dominating the other team and also only facing .23 shots per minute. Sharks got only a few opportunities, and it was from a few mistakes the Flames made.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to Mike Smith at all during 2019 because he's been playing some great hockey.

Oh I've been paying attention to Smith. He lost the starting job to Rittich, lifted his game and won it back, and nobody really knows which Smith is going to show up on any given night.
Is that about right? (If I'm being unfair I am happy to be corrected - I have nothing against the Flames, I actually like the team. But Smith isn't having one of his better seasons).

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You guys keep harping on about the Sharks backup goaltender, yet Mike Smith was even worse and he is going to be their game 1 starter. :help:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You guys keep harping on about the Sharks backup goaltender, yet Mike Smith was even worse and he is going to be their game 1 starter. :help:
Tough to be at your best when you only see 5 shots a period. Frankly he probably had a difficult time staying awake during the game.

Edit: Oops.. my mistake. He faced 6 in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd, and 6 in the 3rd :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: tmurfin

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
There is NO way Smith starts game 1. Riitich probably is the reason they are where they are.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Sharks have already made the playoffs.only the flames care about pointless wins
Wasn't pointless. Flames needed that to clinch the division, conference, and home ice advantage at least through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. Now they can rest some guys the last few games

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
After watching the Sharks play tonight they're in BIG trouble if they have to face a Vegas team with MAF in net..
If that happens I can see a 4-0 sweep for the Knights.

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Wasn't pointless. Flames needed that to clinch the division, conference, and home ice advantage at least through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. Now they can rest some guys the last few games
Not gonna lie the sea of red is a fun thing to watch

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Oh I've been paying attention to Smith. He lost the starting job to Rittich, lifted his game and won it back, and nobody really knows which Smith is going to show up on any given night.
Is that about right? (If I'm being unfair I am happy to be corrected - I have nothing against the Flames, I actually like the team. But Smith isn't having one of his better seasons).
That's the season summary, but I think he meant just 2019 Smith (since the calendar year change, Smith has actually been playing really well. Tonight was crap, but he has generally been 0.920 save percentage since the new year. Hell, before tonight, his last 4 games he was 3-1-0 with a 1.26 GAA and a 0.943 sv%).

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Sharks have already made the playoffs.only the flames care about pointless wins

Yeah, clinching the division by winning rather than your opponent losing is pointless.

I guess Sharks fans share the same attitude as their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad