GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/29/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Everywhere else AZ fans are complaining they're not getting taken seriously. Which is it?

Haven’t seen one post claiming to take AZ serious. They’ve played extremely well since feb 6, correct. However, they’re playing I think the way they were supposed to. Not too mention they finally have above average goal tending.

Take what you can get, for sure, but for LA to remind themselves of 2012 in a performance they just put on the ice is frightening.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Water is wet, sky is blue, Osprey ****s on the Kings, just another day on Earth ;)

Actually, the last time that I criticized the Kings was 11 days ago, so "just another fortnight on Earth" might be more apropos.

Seriously, you're welcome to tell me what I'm wrong about. I think that you guys just don't like that I'm mostly accurate when I'm critical, so, instead of arguing with me, you take shots at me out of frustration ;)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Haven’t seen one post claiming to take AZ serious. They’ve played extremely well since feb 6, correct. However, they’re playing I think the way they were supposed to. Not too mention they finally have above average goal tending.

Take what you can get, for sure, but for LA to remind themselves of 2012 in a performance they just put on the ice is frightening.

Definitely not 2012 Kings because that team was a woodchipper with a monster defense and right now we're full of holes, Muzzin out is bad, we've been fortunate Forbort turned into Willie Mitchell for the last few games.

But come on, the Kings dominated every facet of that game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Actually, the last time that I knocked the Kings was 11 days ago, so "just another fortnight on Earth" might be more apropos.

Seriously, you're welcome to tell me what I'm wrong about. I think that you guys just don't like that I'm mostly accurate when I'm critical, so, instead of arguing with me, you take shots at me out of frustration ;)

Nah, I'm just busting your chops this time, I agree with you here.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I think that a lot of teams would like to play them. They're being carried by Kopitar and Carter. All that you need to do is shut those two players down. They've also been struggling to beat good teams for the last 4 months and have barely scraped by many teams that they should beat, like tonight. I wouldn't say that this feels like 2012 at all. That was total team effort back then and this is being carried more by individual effort.

Yes, Kopitar and Carter are playing at a level that probably isn't sustainable but the Kings are also winning while getting very little secondary scoring.

Kempe - 0 Goals in 25 games
Toffoli - 6 goals in last 30 games
Pearson - 5 goals in last 35 games

Reactions: KingTrouty

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Definitely not 2012 Kings because that team was a woodchipper with a monster defense and right now we're full of holes, Muzzin out is bad, we've been fortunate Forbort turned into Willie Mitchell for the last few games.

But come on, the Kings dominated every facet of that game.

Correct. 12’ Kings was just flat out ridiculous.

They did dominate portions of the game. They should have absolutely floored Arizona considering their circumstances with it being the last game of a extremely long road trip, traveling and 2nd of a B2B

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Are the Oilers announcers really that stupid? That's never icing.

The goes right by Nurse and he chooses to lift the stick rather than play the puck. The rule is black and white, if you take the man instead of trying to play the puck it's never ever icing.
All Sportsnet hockey commentators - Canada wide - are stupid and amateur.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I mean one is a #2 and one is a #6 that plays limited 5 on 5 minutes and a lot on the PK. That doesn't mean that the neanderthal doesn't have value as a role player. I wouldn't want my top 6D to be muscle bound guys why treat the puck like a grenade, but I wouldn't want 6 smurfs either.
I wouldn’t want my first line winger cowering in the corner as McQuaid bashes him all over the ice. The guy is a very, very effective player. There’s a reason few players stand up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad