GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/29/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 147413

Ummmmm, ya. Glad you've had success 10 years later from the 'proper' rebuild the oilers cant do.

You are trying way to hard to fight this...
I have no idea what point you’re trying to make. I don’t care what the Oilers do.

I thought his post was irrelevant and out of place. That doesn’t change the fact the Leafs ownership did not approve a rebuild from 2008 - 2015

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I have no idea what point you’re trying to make. I don’t care what the Oilers do.

I thought his post was irrelevant and out of place. That doesn’t change the fact the Leafs ownership did not approve a rebuild from 2008 - 2015

See, this is YOUR problem,not mine.

My original comment was in response to a leaf fan comparing the leafs rebuild to the oilers.

You chimed in like the defender of the faith on some wall by yourself in regards to a response to that.

I gave you multiple chances, pointed them out actually, where you could have gone back and figured it out.

You kept up the pointless crusade.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Then Sundin was not traded and 1st round picks were shipped out for a roster player.

Actions > Words
Those quotes are from after Sundin's contract with the team ended. How do I know your team's history better than you do?

Chiarelli traded a 1st and 2nd for a career AHLer in 2015. Are you gonna tell me the Oilers weren't rebuilding any longer because he made a stupid trade?

You're just embarrassing yourself further in here. Move on.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

member 147413

Those quotes are from after Sundin's contract with the team ended. How do I know your team's history better than you do?

Chiarelli traded a 1st and 2nd for a career AHLer in 2015. Are you gonna tell me the Oilers weren't rebuilding any longer because he made a stupid trade?

You're just embarrassing yourself further in here. Move on.
Those picks were traded for a prospect that hadn’t “broken” into the NHL yet. Many viewed it as a poor trade at the time but Edmonton had McDavid, Draisaitl, Eberle, etc.

Leafs had no one of impact at the time of acquiring 36 goal scorer Kessel.

Those are not very comparable.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Those picks were traded for a prospect that hadn’t “broken” into the NHL yet. Many viewed it as a poor trade at the time but Edmonton had McDavid, Draisaitl, Eberle, etc.

Leafs had no one of impact at the time of acquiring 36 goal scorer Kessel.

Those are not very comparable.
It is comparable but you're just gonna make any excuse you can despite multiple quotes from the ownership and management of the team explaining what they had been doing for the six or seven years prior to Shanahan taking over.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Watching the SJ-Nashville game and then this ARI-LA game has felt like watching a playoff game followed by a preseason game.

Just as I finished writing that, it finally got interesting with Carter getting the hat trick.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
LA is giving me 2012 vibes. Don't think anyone wants to play them in the playoffs.

I think that a lot of teams would like to play them. They're being carried by Kopitar and Carter. All that you need to do is shut those two players down. They've also been struggling to beat good teams for the last 4 months and have barely scraped by many teams that they should beat, like tonight. I wouldn't say that this feels like 2012 at all. That was total team effort back then and this is being carried more by individual effort.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
LA is giving me 2012 vibes. Don't think anyone wants to play them in the playoffs.

You say that after a game they had to scratch and claw their way back against a bottom feeder on the second of back-to-backs whilst playing 6 games in 9 nights?

Yikes. LA will be lucky to make the PO let alone repeat 2012.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
:facepalm: There are many ways to rebuild. It's ridiculous to say the Leafs weren't trying to do one before Shanahan came. Google "leafs rebuild 2008" and read all the quotes from Leafs' management and ownership about the rebuild they were starting back then.
It doesn’t matter anyway. Failure to accept and address a need to rebuild still counts as part of the process. Trading away all your valuable assets for picks and prospects is the easy part.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You say that after a game they had to scratch and claw their way back against a bottom feeder on the second of back-to-backs whilst playing 6 games in 9 nights?

Yikes. LA will be lucky to make the PO let alone repeat 2012.

I mean, I guess.

Everywhere else AZ fans are complaining they're not getting taken seriously. Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad