GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The last in the conference LA Kings beating the 94 pt SJ Sharks?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sk8M8 and North Man

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Meh. Under no illusions about finishing last. Just hope the others don't catch up. And I'm fine with them beating the Sharks and the Ducks.

Yep, they can lose out but a few wins against our rivals, especially one thats fighting for a better playoff seed, always feels good.

Reactions: 1989

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Stick a fork in the Sharks. They are done.

They were already going to struggle in the playoffs with historically bad goaltending and bad coaching. Now even the skaters have decided to just go through the motions.

They have been nothing short of pathetic in the last four games.

Reactions: North Man

North Man

Feb 17, 2010

They were already going to struggle in the playoffs with historically bad goaltending and bad coaching. Now even the skaters have decided to just go through the motions.

Thats great to hear!

Reactions: bdub24

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Giving up on Martin Jones?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They should have.

That's still 3 really good players out in a key game.
I guess. But I'd say there's more going on with San Jose than just injuries. I mean as happy as I was to see Vegas beat San Jose as badly as they did on the back end of back to backs, I didn't really feel the win was all that earned. Somehow Vegas was the team that looked rested while San Jose looked completely dejected and disinterested.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I guess. But I'd say there's more going on with San Jose than just injuries. I mean as happy as I was to see Vegas beat San Jose as badly as they did on the back end of back to backs, I didn't really feel the win was all that earned. Somehow Vegas was the team that looked rested while San Jose looked completely dejected and disinterested.

The Sharks lost their mojo and composure when Micheal Haley took multiple penalties being a complete idiot trying to set the tone for the game. The result was that he set a tone for the Sharks to be undisciplined, both in terms of taking penalties and playing structured defensive hockey for the rest of that game. Reaves and Gallant getting into the heads of Haley and DeBoer like that is something I haven’t quite seen in all my years of hockey viewing.

Tonight, Barclay Goodrow was on the ice against Anze Kopitar for one of the goals against and Micheal Haley was on the ice against Anze Kopitar for another one of the goals against.

What kind of head coach allows Micheal Haley to be out on the ice against Anze Kopitar with 8:15 remaining in the third period of a tied hockey game? This is Micheal Haley we’re talking here. It’s bad enough that the coach is even playing him. I mean, that is a seriously bad thing, in and of itself. But, playing Micheal Haley out there against Anze Kopitar with 8:15 remaining in the third period of a tied hockey game. It’s not as if that was Haley’s first rodeo out there against Kopitar either; he played 3:16 against Kopitar and got outshot 5-0. Barclay Goodrow played 4:54 against Kopitar and got outshot 5-1.

Their coaching is a much, much bigger problem than Martin Jones, IMO.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The Sharks lost their mojo and composure when Micheal Haley took multiple penalties being a complete idiot trying to set the tone for the game. The result was that he set a tone for the Sharks to be undisciplined, both in terms of taking penalties and playing structured defensive hockey for the rest of that game. Reaves and Gallant getting into the heads of Haley and DeBoer like that is something I haven’t quite seen in all my years of hockey viewing.

Tonight, Barclay Goodrow was on the ice against Anze Kopitar for one of the goals against and Micheal Haley was on the ice against Anze Kopitar for another one of the goals against.

What kind of head coach allows Micheal Haley to be out on the ice against Anze Kopitar with 8:15 remaining in the third period of a tied hockey game? This is Micheal Haley we’re talking here. It’s bad enough that the coach is even playing him. I mean, that is a seriously bad thing, in and of itself. But, playing Micheal Haley out there against Anze Kopitar with 8:15 remaining in the third period of a tied hockey game. It’s not as if that was Haley’s first rodeo out there against Kopitar either; he played 3:16 against Kopitar and got outshot 5-0. Barclay Goodrow played 4:54 against Kopitar and got outshot 5-1.

Well in fairness, I didn't say it was just Jones, but his performances lately can't be inspiring confidence with the playoffs so close.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Is that a running theme with the Sharks? They looked completely distracted and off their game in the first game against the Leafs due to Kadri. I don't want to say it is for sure since it's only two games, so I'm genuinely asking

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Is that a running theme with the Sharks? They looked completely distracted and off their game in the first game against the Leafs due to Kadri. I don't want to say it is for sure since it's only two games, so I'm genuinely asking
I think it definitely is part of the problem with the team. They've shown that they can get rattled, which is odd given the experience level on that squad.

Sounds like Sharks fans are suggesting that the coach plays into it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It hit him in the colorbone/shoulder and he grabbed his face... nothing touches his face.

He is a coward that faked an injury to the face to get the red to blow the whistle cause the hawks had the flyers hemmed in

Sure. If the collarbone is located where the ear is. Do you need me to provide video proof? Or would you rather just get over it?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That was just 1 game lol. The time before they played Vegas they beat them in their barn.

Following the 6 game winning streak they had a schedule-making loss to Florida, lost a competitive game late to Nashville, had a stinker in Vegas and played bad against LA. If you don't think having 2 of their better forwards and a 2x Norris trophy winning dman in their line up wouldn't have increased their chances last then I highly doubt you watched the game. When Barclay Goodrow is forced to move up lines you know the forward depth took a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad