GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
My original post was:

If you think that's throwing shade it wasn't my original intention. All I was doing was trying, perhaps not in the best way, was to explain why I thought team records in the OT/SO era should have an asterisk by their record when comparing their records to those teams that achieved those win records in the pre OT/SO era.
I may have said things after my original post that were more aggressive but I was only responding to attacks.

Let me end this by saying that Tampa is a great team and they have a great record... but I don't believe it to be equal to that of the 1975-1977 Canadians.
Understood, and thanks for the breakdown. I could've definitely been less aggressive in my own post also..

All is well. Enjoy the rest of your evening ;)

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The main theme would be that the Senators are bad and will be bad for some time. Wolanin was pretty good. 7 or 8 other guys that dressed tonight I'd be surprised if they were in the league in 3 years. Just filler.

Next year will be a tough year for sure but after that I'm not sure you can really say what the team will be like. What you watched tonight was a bad team playing with their 3 best centres and 2 best defensemen. There's a lot of young talent on the verge of making the jump, obviously not all will pan out and there are a number of plugs on this teams as well, many of whom will not be a Senator for long. I don't think anyone can say with any certainty what this team will be in a couple of seasons because there are just too many question marks. It wouldn't surprise me if they are a bad team four seasons from now but at the same time I can see them being a team on the rise as soon as two seasons for now. They have a lot of depth in regards to young talent at pretty much every position, could use a little more quality but moving forward they aren't in a bad position.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Looks like the Kings are still hanging in there with the Sharks. Hope the Kings pull out a win because frankly having a 3 pt cushion over a good team like the Sharks just isn't enough when both the Flames and Sharks are trying to finish first in the division. I'd much rather have the Sharks play the Knights in the first round than the Flames.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Next year will be a tough year for sure but after that I'm not sure you can really say what the team will be like. What you watched tonight was a bad team playing with their 3 best centres and 2 best defensemen. There's a lot of young talent on the verge of making the jump, obviously not all will pan out and there are a number of plugs on this teams as well, many of whom will not be a Senator for long. I don't think anyone can say with any certainty what this team will be in a couple of seasons because there are just too many question marks. It wouldn't surprise me if they are a bad team four seasons from now but at the same time I can see them being a team on the rise as soon as two seasons for now. They have a lot of depth in regards to young talent at pretty much every position, could use a little more quality but moving forward they aren't in a bad position.

Well hey at least you didn't just get shutout by Malcom Subban.

That's what I was talking about re: plugs. Lots of replacement level stuff not worth keeping. I hope for the Senators' sake they swing for the fences with some of their later picks. Always been a pretty good drafting team so I guess there's a possibility they could compete sooner rather than later, but I think it's more likely they're in for another half decade of struggle and strife. Young does not always equal good. I count two maybe three top 6 players even if they were fully healthy.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If the Sharks tie it after Pavelski didn't get called for this same thing earlier in the year against Calgary... I'll be perturbed.

EDIT: All is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad