GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/19/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Is Boston peaking too early? Getting a few vibes of 2016 ANA when they roared into April but got muzzled by a much maligned Nashville team
Who says they have peaked? They just got their leading goal scorer back tonight who had missed the last 16 games. They are expecting their deadline pick up back in the lineup later this week who is also been out for 2 weeks. Oh and they're currently playing with only three of their top six defensemen in the lineup.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
This matchup has been Set in stone since January basically whereas last year it only came about when BOS dropped game 82 to FLA when it seemed like the Bruins were about to steal the division title.

(Unless Toronto decides to stealth tank ala the 2016 Islanders)
To clarify, by “we now know”, I mean we know the B’s have pretty much locked up home ice.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
It does, they love whining about it. Maybe the rest of the league isn't whiny as St. Louis though, but I doubt it.

Really? Let's see these examples. No one whines about your chants. Saying "Wow that's pretty dumb" is not whining about it.

Many Nashville fans have it in their minds that other people care. You're not disproving that point. They don't.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Really? Let's see these examples. No one whines about your chants. Saying "Wow that's pretty dumb" is not whining about it.

Many Nashville fans have it in their minds that other people care. You're not disproving that point. They don't.

Commenting on and discussing a topic seems to be the antithesis of "not caring" about it, no?

Reactions: bdub24

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Commenting on and discussing a topic seems to be the antithesis of "not caring" about it, no?

The comment I made was literally me telling a Predators fan that people don't care as much as he seemed to think it does, and then you tagged in.

Again I ask, who is it who seems to care so dearly about the chant?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Well thanks for stomping out what little hope we had, Avalanche.

MacKinnon is goooooood. Every time i watch him live i appreciate him more.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Yeah you don't want to peak too soon. I heard Edwards say that the players fight hard for each other. Perhaps harder than any other Bruins team. I know he can be hyperbolic, but would you agree? To me this is the best Bruins team in quite awhile, and they were very good last year.

I think that he's onto something. There's a bit of a... 2011 vibe indeed. It might be cliche to say, but the Bruins as an organization really do give lots of importance to drafting / hiring players who fit in the teams mentality. It makes the possibility of creating something special easier.

That said, it might be a moot point, because I fail to see how this Tampa team can't win it all this year. It would take a miracle.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
The comment I made was literally me telling a Predators fan that people don't care as much as he seemed to think it does, and then you tagged in.

Again I ask, who is it who seems to care so dearly about the chant?
You're complaining about somebody tagging in on an exchange you tagged in on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad