GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/16/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
What’s with all the “congrats on the regular season win” bs? Until last year caps were the paper champs year after year. Like yeah no **** it doesn’t mean much come playoff time but that still didn’t prevent you from being salty

I think you know that you got three particular fans here making your fan base look bad. They’re the same exact ones who disappeared when the going got tough last year in the playoffs too.

No salt here. It was a good entertaining game except the officiating. Just having a little fun here watching no possible come back to the defending champs response until Tampa actually wins it themselves. Then I will congratulate you all like a real fan and adult.

Not sure the mumble rapper crew in this thread is capable of such a thing.

Goodnight boys.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Tampa is stacked. That was a playoff atmosphere and a great game to watch. Tampa is not invincible but it will take a great effort to beat them in a series.

Their first series may be their toughest. For a team that’s been that good and so far ahead all year it’s sometimes getting into that must win mode. I don’t see anyone they need to be scared of in round 1 though. I guess their biggest nightmare is somehow Caps fall into WC2 which is remote

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
The Bolts had a hard time containing Ovechkin tonight. He was running through people. Like a different gear or something.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Am I he only one who thinks we may be overselling and overvaluing Boston?
They are winning with some big name injuries. DeBrusk just came back tonight. They were missing 3 of the top 6 forwards = Pastrnak, DeBrusk and Johansson and 3 deemen, Krug, Miller and Grezlcyk. The have the depth over the leafs as they have 2 NHL goalies

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Their first series may be their toughest. For a team that’s been that good and so far ahead all year it’s sometimes getting into that must win mode. I don’t see anyone they need to be scared of in round 1 though. I guess their biggest nightmare is somehow Caps fall into WC2 which is remote
I think their schedule really helps them get into the playoffs mode.

Caps 3 times. Toronto, Boston. A couple of other teams fighting for playoff spots or positioning.

Reactions: Devonator

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Would Tampa be first 60 win team since 95-96 Wings? I’m almost sure the 05-06 Wings didn’t get 60 and Washington I think had 58 two years ago

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Leafs have given up 23 goals in the last 4 games. Leaf fans have got to be worried.

EE91EE16-6141-4730-9FA7-3D654351BE44.jpeg

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Boston is a hell of a team. You don't go 19 without a regulation loss, with the injuries they've had, by accident.

In fact, I think the Bruins have the best chance of beating Tampa in the East.

Reactions: Devonator

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada

To be where they are in the standings while missing Bergeron and Pastrnak for extended periods is no coincidence. I can't think of many teams that would be top 5 in that situation.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
While it was the same for both teams tonight, the league needs to investigate the ice in Boston

That was unexceptionable....been watching hockey ~45 years, can't recall a worse sheet

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
While it was the same for both teams tonight, the league needs to investigate the ice in Boston

That was unexceptionable....been watching hockey ~45 years, can't recall a worse sheet

They finished the prep one hour before the game started per the Bruins announcers. Celtics afternoon game I think.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I think their schedule really helps them get into the playoffs mode.

Caps 3 times. Toronto, Boston. A couple of other teams fighting for playoff spots or positioning.

Unless you pick up a nasty injury because those teams play a pretty heavy brand of hockey that Tampa seems too willing to deviate from their game plan to try and prove they can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad