Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Did you put a worm on that hook ?

I'm not seeing an example.

If it were me in your position, I would have posted an example. I wonder why you haven't...?

Just kidding, I know exactly why you didn't: it's because there are no examples because your claim is false.

Reactions: Paradoc

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, absolutely. That guy is advocating for a deliberate and targeted injury, which is pretty weird in my opinion
It was frustrating watching the Bruins play the Senators a few seasons ago in the post season knowing they were up against a very injured Erik Karlsson, and they wouldn’t hit him. It was almost like they felt sorry. Of course, Karlsson was a difference maker.

I don’t expect any real liberties to be taken, really. Unless there’s a blowout game maybe there will be some nasty.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
If somebody comes out and wanted to hurt Rielly, Toronto is screwed. If I was in the hunt for a cup I would seriously consider taking out their only defensive threat.

If you don't think we wouldn't reply in kind you're be wrong. I'd call up Sestito just for that.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If you don't think we wouldn't reply in kind you're be wrong. I'd call up Sestito just for that.

I am just saying. When you go to war, you go to win. Obviously a soft spot with Toronto fans. The Hockey I grew up watching, this strategy wouldn't even be questioned.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’m not trying to poke, but I’ve seen several Leafs game where the opposing team take liberties in blowout games and the Leafs turn the other cheek. Which can be equally frustrating if you’re going to try to engage the Leafs if you’re up or down in a game.

If they don’t play Sestito in the regular season, I highly doubt they’ll play him in the post season.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So crosschecks to the back is not a penalty, yet that is. Okay.

Something needs to be done with these refs..

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I’m not trying to poke, but I’ve seen several Leafs game where the opposing team take liberties in blowout games and the Leafs turn the other cheek. Which can be equally frustrating if you’re going to try to engage the Leafs if you’re up or down in a game.

If they don’t play Sestito in the regular season, I highly doubt they’ll play him in the post season.

Well it is better, to take the PP and suspension, having that player out for a few games.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
CD6jEth.gif

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well I would not say so, Gardiner scored 50 pts last year, and Dermott is pretty solid in both side of the ice.
What's sad is that it looks like your 2nd best D-man will walk at the end of the year and your 4th best d-man has less than 100 games NHL experience.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The bruins just aren't all that tough anymore. I'm more worried about the psychological mindset /big brothering that has gone on previously than getting physically dominated
They’re not the Bruins team of old, that’s for sure but they do have a few physical weapons. Acciari, Wagner on the 4th line will take runs. Miller on the backend is our most physical d-man, and the best fighter of the bunch. Backes is physical but too slow to hit.

But yeah, not an overly scary team anymore.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Well it is better, to take the PP and suspension, having that player out for a few games.
Those days are gone unforunately. I used to live for the games where you see x guy was called up after a game that got a bit testy.

Just don’t see it anymore.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
They’re not the Bruins team of old, that’s for sure but they do have a few physical weapons. Acciari, Wagner on the 4th line will take runs. Miller on the backend is our most physical d-man, and the best fighter of the bunch. Backes is physical but too slow to hit.

I actually don't expect to see Backes play against us.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
omg these f***ing refs.

Calling everything on the Knights, yet nothing on the Stars.

And people say the Knights get favored reffing.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The 2011 Bruins team was actually scary. You had 3-4 guys who could literally rip your head off and toss it down the street.

They made other teams add those type of players, which was kind of weird.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I actually don't expect to see Backes play against us.
I would agree. If he does play, it will be in place of Acciari or Nordstrom, but he will be playing 8 minutes max.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Johansson
Heinen - Coyle - Not sure
Wagner - Kuraly - Acciari/Nordstrom/Backes

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
What's sad is that it looks like your 2nd best D-man will walk at the end of the year and your 4th best d-man has less than 100 games NHL experience.

Muzzin has another year left. Our 3rd best Dman will walk, the 4th best Dman has less than 100 games but he is pretty good. Hainsey leads the league in +/- and will probably be paired with a kid like Liljegen/Sandin/Rosen on the 3rd pairing.

cant wait to see the golden knights bounce the flames and their pathetic goaltending rd 1
rittich and smith? sad

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Muzzin has another year left. Our 3rd best Dman will walk, the 4th best Dman has less than 100 games but he is pretty good. Hainsey leads the league in +/- and will probably be paired with a kid like Liljegen/Sandin/Rosen on the 3rd pairing.

cant wait to see the golden knights bounce the flames and their pathetic goaltending rd 1
rittich and smith? sad

vegas' terrible defense corps is even more sad

also talk about sad goaltending? talk about san jose

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

McAvoy has a mean streak and Marchand will pest ya in to taking bad penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad