GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/15/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
You guys made the post season with Orr & McLaren, both even played in that series against the Bruins, no?

I am and will always be a Colton Orr fan.
Dang, totally forgot that series. Probably better that way. You are correct.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
League has to do something about dislodging the net.

Edler just did it in OT, should be a delay of game penalty, like the puck over the glass infraction, no grey area.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Edler just did it in OT, should be a delay of game penalty, like the puck over the glass infraction, no grey area.
No, they should stiffen the pegs. You can sneeze and those things come off. I do agree, that if the goalie pushes those pegs off it should be a penalty.

Reactions: nucks88

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
No, they should stiffen the pegs. You can sneeze and those things come off. I do agree, that if the goalie pushes those pegs off it should be a penalty.
They have to do something. It happens several times a game.

When did they switch to the current mooring system?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
They have to do something. It happens several times a game.

When did they switch to the current mooring system?
I have no idea but the net really comes off far too easily. It’s brutal, and super frustrating how easily it conveniently comes off. At least if they stiffen the pegs you’ll know that it takes quite a bit of force to knock them off.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
i'm pretty sure they want nets to come off easily for safety reasons. That's fine, but they should change the rules then

GFY

Touhou Fanatic
Dec 21, 2013
Richmond, B.C.
Yeah but the reason the pegs are so loose is so that in the instance where players get pushed/crash into the net it dislodges easily so they don't get injured.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This actually happened in an deciding FHL playoff game between Brooklyn and Danbury I was at several years ago. Danbury was down a goal with about 30 seconds left pouring on the pressure when the Brooklyn goalie (who had done this several times in the past) accidentally on purpose knocked the net off. The official wasn't buying it and because it was in the last minute Danbury was awarded a penalty shot. The guy converted it and Danbury went on to win the game in overtime.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

The rule is already in place. It sounds like your disagreement is with the referees with regards to whether it was intentional or not. If they don't call a penalty, it means they didn't think so or they didn't see it.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Looks like I picked the wrong night to focus heavily on college basketball. I missed an absolute barnburner of a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad